ADVERTISEMENT

Looking Ahead & Game Thread: Purdue vs. Davidson

The only preseason all American who doesn’t get the star treatment from the refs.

If Wheeler or someone else can’t replace Eifert in the starting lineup this team isn’t going far. I like the kid, but that’s the reality. He may be the best overall option right now but you have to understand his limitations and the upside of other players and let those guys play through their mistakes a bit so the team can reach that higher ceiling come March.

Reactions: boilercss
If Wheeler or someone else can’t replace Eifert in the starting lineup this team isn’t going far. I like the kid, but that’s the reality. He may be the best overall option right now but you have to understand his limitations and the upside of other players and let those guys play through their mistakes a bit so the team can reach that higher ceiling come March.

It's pretty clear Painter is giving more and more minutes to Wheeler and Boudreaux. I see Eifert's minutes going down as the year progresses.

Reactions: BBG
Re: Haarms getting pulled after his scoring run...

He made the third bucket with 8:24 left. There were 4 possessions in a row where he didn't get a shot (Carsen twice shot 3s, Carsen turnover, Eifert 3PA). He then subbed out with 6:25 left. It's not like taking him out of the game ruined his momentum at that point.

Reactions: delish1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT