ADVERTISEMENT

Lol...

*4purdue*

All-American
May 6, 2008
at some of the posters over on peegs. They have everyone from Bobby Hurley to Dane Fife as their next coach. Last I checked, they still have Tommy Boy locked up for 5 more years.

Originally posted by *4purdue*:
at some of the posters over on peegs. They have everyone from Bobby Hurley to Dane Fife as their next coach. Last I checked, they still have Tommy Boy locked up for 5 more years.
I still believe that Crean is gone. If so, Miller out of Dayton will be their first choice.

No one's coughing up $12 million.

You have to keep in mind message boards are the extreme. Look at this board for crying out loud. I don't think this board represents Purdue's fan base very well.

Do I think people are thrilled with him right now? Not exactly. But there's a big difference between hot seat and firing.

March 6 - just over a week ago, IU's AD came out in full support of him and said he's a great coach. He said the team overachieved early and hit a rough patch - a season he would have "taken" if you told him at the beginning of the season. And quite frankly, IU hasn't done anything really "bad" or job-shattering since that interview.

So if his job was truly on the line, I don't think an AD would be making those kind of strong statements. Those weren't your vague "he's currently our coach" type of comments.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT