ADVERTISEMENT

Although I'm sure the players would have liked the opportunity at IU after giving away the two games

tjreese

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2008
at Ass Hall the last two years and then getting beat at Mackey it isn't going to happen. I just hope the 5 ' open shot in front of the basket that missed in the closing seconds Trevion shot doesn't have a similar affect as Orton's fumble now that they know Purdue can lose. Personally, I'm glad Purdue is not playing IU because it would be too many days in a row that I would hear the chant IU...IU...IU over and over and over like I'm sitting next to a high school cheerblock even though all I can recall can put together more than two syllables. I can't think of a cheerleading squad in the Big that I hear on TV a similar mantra. Listening to that and then seeing Grant Hill's dunk off a lob that they just happened to have handy after 20 year to show was making it easier to drink a bit more...

at Ass Hall the last two years and then getting beat at Mackey it isn't going to happen. I just hope the 5 ' open shot in front of the basket that missed in the closing seconds Trevion shot doesn't have a similar affect as Orton's fumble now that they know Purdue can lose. Personally, I'm glad Purdue is not playing IU because it would be too many days in a row that I would hear the chant IU...IU...IU over and over and over like I'm sitting next to a high school cheerblock even though all I can recall can put together more than two syllables. I can't think of a cheerleading squad in the Big that I hear on TV a similar mantra. Listening to that and then seeing Grant Hill's dunk off a lob that they just happened to have handy after 20 year to show was making it easier to drink a bit more...
I noticed that chant on TV. It did seem like high school. Heck of a dunk by Race but it didn’t ignite them like they thought.

Reactions: tjreese
I prefer the Purdue version of that chant.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: tjreese
Iu is just not well coached they have the talent
Their fans have been telling us for years about their recruiting dominance and how it will return them to their rightful place. They are correct on both counts. Based on recruiting services, they have dominated Purdue in recruiting. And they have remained in their rightful place nationally and in the B10 -- behind Purdue.

Sleepy has made them competitive...especially in Ass Hall. He immediately improved their D, but yeah...so much talent...experienced talent overall combined with two 5 stars...that were teammates before IU...IU...IU...IU...still hearing that silly mantra

Sleepy has made them competitive...especially in Ass Hall. He immediately improved their D, but yeah...so much talent...experienced talent overall combined with two 5 stars...that were teammates before IU...IU...IU...IU...still hearing that silly mantra
He got them to play D and got Davis to play team ball. Davis has more than doubled his assists.

I think Woody is actually a better coach than some Boilers want to give him credit for

Whenever that was, when Xavier Johnson got hurt, it looked like they were potentially poised for total free fall collapse. Didn't TJD get hurt for a game or 2 as well during that stretch? But credit Woodson for staying the course and keeping them from totally losing their sh*t.

Yeah, I was absolutely pulling for PSU yesterday but didn't think the Hoos played poorly per se...not many turnovers, or blatant mental errors.

Crazy they got out rebounded though, by PSU of all teams.

Thought the announcer said they only made something like 3 shots from deep too.

Almost always gonna be a rough afternoon when that happens...as we've seen at times from our Boilers.

The funny thing about the "IU" chant that they do all game long is that the Rutgers "RU" chant sounded EXACTLY the same en masse. Even and Indiana friend of mine that was at Thursday's games thought the same thing.

The funny thing about the "IU" chant that they do all game long is that the Rutgers "RU" chant sounded EXACTLY the same en masse. Even and Indiana friend of mine that was at Thursday's games thought the same thing.
never heard that on TV and so the say "are U?" or was "are U" live only?

Long Time Observation: B1G Tournament Edition

How do you tell you are getting close to the end of the B1G tournament?

Purdue is still playing basketball and IU is not.

ADVERTISEMENT