ADVERTISEMENT

IVEY needs to set on the bench!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most players don't dribble the ball off their foot 3 times in a year. He did it 3 times in one game. Careless basketball - but then the entire team has issues valuing the ball. We are a TO machine at times.

Ivey in last 3 weeks went from top 4 pick to maybe not even a lottery pick. No ****ing clue what hes doing out there but it isnt good basketball and he has cost himself quite a bit because of it

Most players don't dribble the ball off their foot 3 times in a year. He did it 3 times in one game. Careless basketball - but then the entire team has issues valuing the ball. We are a TO machine at times.
You’re not wrong about him needing to slow down a little. Sit him? Bench him? That’s a little strong. He’s our most talented player by a very wide margin. We will need him playing well to get very far in the tournament.

To be fair the last one was off Gillis but I understand he needs to learn how to control his motor and let the gane come to him. Painter always says he’s a better player when playing off 2 feet and he hasn’t been doing that lately. I think it’s time Painter sits him down and has a serious 1 on 1 talk. He should easily avg. 5ast a game while still getting his own. I could care less about the NBA and all that but he’s actually hurting his stock from the way he’s been playing lately. Go out a winner JI this team needs you! Boiler up

To be fair the last one was off Gillis but I understand he needs to learn how to control his motor and let the gane come to him. Painter always says he’s a better player when playing off 2 feet and he hasn’t been doing that lately. I think it’s time Painter sits him down and has a serious 1 on 1 talk. He should easily avg. 5ast a game while still getting his own. I could care less about the NBA and all that but he’s actually hurting his stock from the way he’s been playing lately. Go out a winner JI this team needs you! Boiler up
Painter and staff watch film with him all the time, I’m sure. They talk about decision making and what’s a good shot and what isn’t. He did the same thing with CE. Ivey has a green light to be as creative as he wants. He needs to slow it down some. Be aggressive. Not crazy.

Well, if Ivey had hit all his FTs in the Wisconsin game, he would have been the hero. He definitely isn't playing as good as he was though. Fatigue maybe; trying to force things. Hopefully having 6 days before our next game will help everybody. As a team we definitely are not playing our best basketball right now. Although I am happy to see Hunter Jr. and Gillis being key factors. Hope we figure it out and start playing better.

Reactions: rgarlitz
Well, if Ivey had hit all his FTs in the Wisconsin game, he would have been the hero. He definitely isn't playing as good as he was though. Fatigue maybe; trying to force things. Hopefully having 6 days before our next game will help everybody. As a team we definitely are not playing our best basketball right now. Although I am happy to see Hunter Jr. and Gillis being key factors. Hope we figure it out and start playing better.
Ivey played awesome against Illinois. He was poised and more deliberate. That’s all he needs to find. I think he’s trying to do too much.

Ivey played awesome against Illinois. He was poised and more deliberate. That’s all he needs to find. I think he’s trying to do too much.
The Illinois game was definitely his best game. I almost mentioned it in my initial comment. He needs to watch some tape of that game and work to emulate that game again!

Reactions: C'ville Boiler
He ain't setting on the bench. The only chance this team has of going to the FF is if he finds his game. He's going the wrong way, but who knows, Carsen struggled before he went nuts in the tournament.

A lot of speculation here now about Ivey.
All I know is that I didn't see Purdue basketball today. It was from players who know better and it was from players who were better earlier in the year.
Two in particular.
And this doesn't even begin to discuss the pitiful pick and roll defense put on exhibit all game long. Not playing through the pick and nobody coming with help defense, mainly on X.
No Knowledgeable Purdue fan got a stiffy watching today. Not one.

I get starting threads to stir up conversation but this is just plain dumb. Dude hit a last minute shot to beat osu and then carried us to be in a position to lose at the last second. As much as I love Brandon Newman, I’m not taking him or Morton over Ivey.

Reactions: Robinahood
How many times did he turnover the ball today?

Strictly playing for himself

This is the last time we will have to watch that selfish player put on a Purdue uniform in Mackey
You are so wrong and the millions he will make after this year will show you how misused he was. Should have had the system built around him and plate set up for him!

You are so wrong and the millions he will make after this year will show you how misused he was. Should have had the system built around him and plate set up for him!
I agree that Ivey is great but I don’t know what else Painter could do for him. Unless you give him the ball literally every time, he has had every chance to do whatever he wants and make plays. He just doesn’t have the experience yet to make the best play every time. That’s why he is a lottery pick. He is young, can be so good and has the ability. He just needs to refine his tools and you do that in the NBA when you have what he has. But Painter has clearly let him do what he wants which is totally fine with his ability.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
The Illinois game was definitely his best game. I almost mentioned it in my initial comment. He needs to watch some tape of that game and work to emulate that game again!
That was when he was at his best. Lots more control. He played with tremendous confidence, but his aggressiveness was under control. Illinois has a tremendous defense, so we know he can do it against the best in the league.

I know we are all frustrated with some things. Zach Edey is way ahead of his development schedule. He has played great this season. Ivey shows flashes of doing great things and then takes steps back.

Ivey just has the ball in his hand so much. He doesn’t understand “it’s not there.” He’s like a rookie QB in the NFL who throws interceptions that he could get away with in college. I wish we had the guy for 2 more years. Sadly, he’s likely gone.

That was when he was at his best. Lots more control. He played with tremendous confidence, but his aggressiveness was under control. Illinois has a tremendous defense, so we know he can do it against the best in the league.

I know we are all frustrated with some things. Zach Edey is way ahead of his development schedule. He has played great this season. Ivey shows flashes of doing great things and then takes steps back.

Ivey just has the ball in his hand so much. He doesn’t understand “it’s not there.” He’s like a rookie QB in the NFL who throws interceptions that he could get away with in college. I wish we had the guy for 2 more years. Sadly, he’s likely gone.
No question he is gone, a no brainer.

I joined in 2021 too. What does that have to do with anything?? I graduated from Purdue BEFORE GRob even came. Very poor logic.

Reactions: BBG
I remember that now that you mention it. It was short lived, but I remember the "ball hog" comments.
Tends to happen when you’re the best player in the floor every night and a guaranteed NBA pick.

Reactions: BBG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT