ADVERTISEMENT

IU

Did you really say Ivey didn't have elite athleticism?...did you really say Jaden wouldn't be first team all big ten?...why don't you go stalk pig1960 again....I remember how embarrassing you were to all big ten fans on rivals....can you not show your face there?...smith > JHS little brother....
Man, this poor guy is lost. He was not just wrong on Ivey, but completely wrong.

Then believes the guy that was drafted #5 robbed a player needing to come back to boost his draft pick. I always say playing the sport makes you know the sport a little more then the guy behind a computer.

You have to remember that this is considered a down year for us and we've already cracked the top 25 with 2 starting freshman.

IU had to bring back a whole team that never could get ranked last year. Seems odd they would have anything to say about our well performing freshmen.

Since you called me a liar I will respond. I do not suggest that someone less educated than me makes me superior. I have simply demonstrated the logical impossibility of your claims. Contracts are based upon mutual performance. If performance cannot be measured, how can you contract?

As for your claim you never posted that Smith would not be successful, I will cite your posts in the thread on the IU site entitled: "Braden Smith looks really good":

Post 50, Nov 9th: "He will never be an All Big (sic) Ten player."
Post 55, Nov 9th: "He won't be on any of the real All-Big Ten teams. Honorable mention (sic) is pointless."
Post 58, Nov 9th: (Made in response to a post that Smith would be on the All-Big Ten Freshmen Team and perhaps Freshman of the Year for the conference should Purdue win it) "HAHAHAHAHA"

I think that pretty clearly suggests that you think Smith will not be successful. These are your posts in that thread. Go look for yourself.
So your definition of a player being “successful” is that they are All-Big Ten level? Every team has one or two guys that get to that level during their careers. Is your assertion that those who don’t are not successful? Seems like a weird definition to me.

I would never claim that someone graduating from any university is uneducated. A diploma is proof of education. However, the logic and knowledge used post-graduation is a measure of how much they learned and/or employ.

And yes, I will readily claim that the Miami game was not played at a neutral site. It was in the Hoosier Invitational. Do you really contend neutrality?
The ONLY thing a degree is good for is getting a job to make money. If you go to Harvard and get a psych degree, your degree is worth less than someone who goes to Ivy Tech and majors in something lucrative.

So the Crossroads in your opinion was really a home game for IU and an away game for the other 3 teams?

No TJD for one. Lose Thompson and X and your best 3 point shooter in Kopp. We got to see next year's squad against Miami and they looked lost.

Serious step back for your squad next year Trojan. Maybe enjoy the season before it’s over.
Lol and you lose Edey and Jenkins. We will still have Reneau, maybe JHS, and a host of other highly ranked younger guys. Not to mention the portal.

I also wouldn’t 100% say TJD will be gone. He’s making over a million at IU. I don’t think he could do that in the pros at any level.

He should be suspended for a speeding ticket? Interesting.

It's interesting the pattern that's occurring in Bloomington. Choke your girlfriend. Arrested for domestic battery. Felony charges dropped. Drive 90 MPH in a 25 zone, run through a stop sign, and ignore the police (the definition of resisting arrest). Felony charges dropped. Almost makes you wonder if law enforcement might be providing some favorable plea bargains for IU athletes.

And then on top of that, neither are suspended for any games.

But really, it just must be a coincidence, right?

Reactions: Poprudy
It's interesting the pattern that's occurring in Bloomington. Choke your girlfriend. Arrested for domestic battery. Felony charges dropped. Drive 90 MPH in a 25 zone, run through a stop sign, and ignore the police. Felony charges dropped. Almost makes you wonder if law enforcement might be providing some favorable plea bargains for IU athletes.

And then on top of that, neither are suspended for any games.

But really, it just must be a coincidence, right?
Yeah, the pattern is interesting. Like how Williams wasn’t even arrested last year after drunkenly assaulting that woman at McDonald’s at 2 am because he couldn’t get his fries. Or how Cline who was passed out in the drivers seat of the car with the petal to the metal only got a public intox instead of a DUI.

Should someone be suspended for something they were not convicted of?

Yeah, the pattern is interesting. Like how Williams wasn’t even arrested last year after drunkenly assaulting that woman at McDonald’s at 2 am because he couldn’t get his fries. Or how Cline who was passed out in the drivers seat of the car with the petal to the metal only got a public intox instead of a DUI.

Should someone be suspended for something they were not convicted of?

The University essentially apologized to Trevion for how the McDonald's thing played out. It was case of racial bias by the person working at McDonalds for falsely accusing him. You'd have to be a moron to bring that up, which clearly you are.

With regard to Cline, he was suspended for 3 games for that situation. That's 3 games more than either IU player was handed...

"Should someone be suspended for something they were not convicted of?" There was never a chance for a conviction because the charges were dropped by the Monroe County DA...try again.

The University essentially apologized to Trevion for how the McDonald's thing played out. It was case of racial bias by the person working at McDonalds for falsely accusing him. You'd have to be a moron to bring that up, which clearly you are.

With regard to Cline, he was suspended for 3 games for that situation. That's 3 games more than either IU player was handed...

"Should someone be suspended for something they were not convicted of?" There was never a chance for a conviction because the charges were dropped by the Monroe County DA...try again.

Are you kidding? There is a video showing Williams push her down. The video also shows them all trying to get him to leave and him refusing.

Cline was given 1 game initially and then the actual story came out of what happened and Painter changed it to 3 games. 3 game suspensions for DUIs is really hammering them. Especially considering IU gives 3 game suspensions for testing positive for weed.

The charges were dropped, so there was no conviction. Why should someone be punished for something they weren’t proven guilty of. That’s idiotic.

Are you kidding? There is a video showing Williams push her down. The video also shows them all trying to get him to leave and him refusing.

Cline was given 1 game initially and then the actual story came out of what happened and Painter changed it to 3 games. 3 game suspensions for DUIs is really hammering them. Especially considering IU gives 3 game suspensions for testing positive for weed.

The charges were dropped, so there was no conviction. Why should someone be punished for something they weren’t proven guilty of. That’s idiotic.

LMFAO. There's grainy video.

"Security footage provided to The Exponent shows Williams pulling the door open and stepping forward, but it’s unclear whether Williams pushed her, whether the door struck her or whether she fell on her own."

"The Purdue Athletic Department was made aware of an incident involving student Trevion Williams on the night of Oct. 21," the statement said. "The alleged incident was reviewed by law enforcement, campus officials and the athletics department. Trevion is an outstanding representative of this university, and it's unfortunate that he has to address accusations made that do not have merit and are unfounded. We consider the matter closed."

No charges on Tre, but a misdemeanor with a year probation for X. Anytime a player gets probation from the State you should be suspended by your team.

• Haha
Reactions: KirkwoodHoosier
LMFAO. There's grainy video.

"Security footage provided to The Exponent shows Williams pulling the door open and stepping forward, but it’s unclear whether Williams pushed her, whether the door struck her or whether she fell on her own."

"The Purdue Athletic Department was made aware of an incident involving student Trevion Williams on the night of Oct. 21," the statement said. "The alleged incident was reviewed by law enforcement, campus officials and the athletics department. Trevion is an outstanding representative of this university, and it's unfortunate that he has to address accusations made that do not have merit and are unfounded. We consider the matter closed."
He clearly pulls the door toward hard, which causes the woman to fly forward and hit the ground.

I could understand the argument that it shouldn’t be an assault charge, but defending Williams as if he did nothing wrong in the situation is pretty funny.

You can admit you had no idea the Miami game was a neutral site. It’s actually pretty laughable that you think having the majority of the attending crowd is the only thing that determines whether it’s a home game or not.

By claiming that I either didn’t attend IU or was a poor student, is the same thing as calling me uneducated. I’m sure after your education you worked hard for 40 years and we’re able to retire on a modest 401k. Congrats on that.

Why would you take my posts seriously? I’m a random fan on a message board that is clearly here stirring the pot and trolling you. You should take my posts as seriously as I take yours.
As to whether the Miami game is a "home game" for IU:

Team A plays Team B:

Team A's campus is 51 miles from the venue; Team B's is 124;
The game is the Team A Invitational (which means Team A invites Team B and thus Team A controls the tickets for the event, arranges venue, etc.;
The crowd at the venue is overwhelmingly in support of Team A.

But, we are to believe that this should not be considered a "home game" for Team A.

Does anyone seriously believe that this is neutral? There are only three possibilities for IU: it was a home game, it was a road game or it was a neutral site. I do not see how anyone can argue for the third possibility in this case.

As to whether the Miami game is a "home game" for IU:

Team A plays Team B:

Team A's campus is 51 miles from the venue; Team B's is 124;
The game is the Team A Invitational (which means Team A invites Team B and thus Team A controls the tickets for the event, arranges venue, etc.;
The crowd at the venue is overwhelmingly in support of Team A.

But, we are to believe that this should not be considered a "home game" for Team A.

Does anyone seriously believe that this is neutral? There are only three possibilities for IU: it was a home game, it was a road game or it was a neutral site. I do not see how anyone can argue for the third possibility in this case.
So is Davidson a “home game” for Purdue? It’s clear you’ve never played the game. Rim tightness, shooting sight lines, pregame routine, where you spend the night prior to the game are all factors of having a home court advantage.

Oh and by the way, according to all the metrics that use H,A, and N in their calculations have it as a neutral court game. You are the only one dumb enough to claim otherwise.

The ONLY thing a degree is good for is getting a job to make money. If you go to Harvard and get a psych degree, your degree is worth less than someone who goes to Ivy Tech and majors in something lucrative.

So the Crossroads in your opinion was really a home game for IU and an away game for the other 3 teams?
I am very, very sure that the Harvard psych major would receive job offers at much higher pay than the Ivy Tech grad that you cited. Certain companies such as major broadcast and print media would never even look at an Ivy Tech grad for any significant position with upward mobility. Same is true for investment banks, major advertising agencies and social media firms at the national level. Resumes from only certain selected schools are seriously considered for employment. I know that because I was employed by one of these types of firms and my wife was as well. Who they chose to hire was explained to us.

As for the Crossroads, it was the staple of numerous posts that IU should leave the competition because IU provided the overwhelming number of spectators and the Crossroads deprived them of a game in Bloomington. This was the subject of extensive discussion on your own site. Is it now your position that it did not occur? The expressed position of your fanbase was that it was, in effect, a home game but that IU was being economically harmed by not receiving the revenue for a home game. Now, it seems the position is that it was a neutral site. It now appears that the IU fans are contradicting one another.

So is Davidson a “home game” for Purdue? It’s clear you’ve never played the game. Rim tightness, shooting sight lines, pregame routine, where you spend the night prior to the game are all factors of having a home court advantage.

Oh and by the way, according to all the metrics that use H,A, and N in their calculations have it as a neutral court game. You are the only one dumb enough to claim otherwise.
Yes, I consider Davidson a home game for Purdue. I am very sure that the Davidson team and Davidson fans do as well. Here is the difference between us: as a graduate student, I actually spent time on the Davidson campus. It is in a small town about 30-40 minutes from Charlotte. It's actually very nice there. Indianapolis is an hour from West Lafayette. I doubt that routine and travel factors are significant for Purdue in this case. As for rim tightness, I question whether that is constant over a series of games. I would think that it changes over a season unless measured very carefully and adjusted.

I am very, very sure that the Harvard psych major would receive job offers at much higher pay than the Ivy Tech grad that you cited. Certain companies such as major broadcast and print media would never even look at an Ivy Tech grad for any significant position with upward mobility. Same is true for investment banks, major advertising agencies and social media firms at the national level. Resumes from only certain selected schools are seriously considered for employment. I know that because I was employed by one of these types of firms and my wife was as well. Who they chose to hire was explained to us.

As for the Crossroads, it was the staple of numerous posts that IU should leave the competition because IU provided the overwhelming number of spectators and the Crossroads deprived them of a game in Bloomington. This was the subject of extensive discussion on your own site. Is it now your position that it did not occur? The expressed position of your fanbase was that it was, in effect, a home game but that IU was being economically harmed by not receiving the revenue for a home game. Now, it seems the position is that it was a neutral site. It now appears that the IU fans are contradicting one another.
That may be true with Fortune 500 companies, but there are so many other jobs out there (and better jobs) than at Fortune 500. With a psych degree or sociology degree, you aren’t getting a finance job at a Fortune 500 company even with a Harvard degree.

Lol no that was not one of the reasons IU chose to end the Crossroads. IU wanted a nationally relevant game (see home and away with Kansas and Neutral site with Arizona). IU was tired of providing revenue to other instate schools and giving those schools publicity by playing in the event. Lastly, there was no upside to playing the event. If we won, we were supposed to. If we lost, we lost to a bad team.

He clearly pulls the door toward hard, which causes the woman to fly forward and hit the ground.

I could understand the argument that it shouldn’t be an assault charge, but defending Williams as if he did nothing wrong in the situation is pretty funny.

So now you're saying it's likely not assault? Which is what the woman was accusing him of even though there was conflicting witness testimony...

So your definition of a player being “successful” is that they are All-Big Ten level? Every team has one or two guys that get to that level during their careers. Is your assertion that those who don’t are not successful? Seems like a weird definition to me.
You infer what is not implied. I believe that Honorable Mention is a measure of a successful career; you have posted that it means nothing. Measurement of success is a function of expectation upon arrival. A walk-on would have a different measurement of career success than a highly-ranked recruit. Braden Smith was Indiana Mr. Basketball 2022. Correct me if I am wrong, but Indiana is generally thought to be one of the best states in producing players. Thus, you have to be pretty good to earn that honor. So if during his career, Smith failed to get Freshman Mention or Honorable Mention or some part of All-X Team, etc. at some point then his success as a player would be reasonably questioned.

Khristian Lander was a consensus 5-star recruit. He lasted two seasons at IU and only played 39 games. He averaged 2.4 ppg during his time there. He did not receive significant honors. I think it fair to say that he was not successful in his tenure. I do not believe many IU fans would disagree with my assessment of his career there.

So now you're saying it's likely not assault? Which is what the woman was accusing him of even though there was conflicting witness testimony...
From the beginning I’ve stated that if you are not convicted of a crime, then you shouldn’t be punished. No, I don’t think Williams should be punished just as I don’t think Hendershot or Xavier should have been punished.

You infer what is not implied. I believe that Honorable Mention is a measure of a successful career; you have posted that it means nothing. Measurement of success is a function of expectation upon arrival. A walk-on would have a different measurement of career success than a highly-ranked recruit. Braden Smith was Indiana Mr. Basketball 2022. Correct me if I am wrong, but Indiana is generally thought to be one of the best states in producing players. Thus, you have to be pretty good to earn that honor. So if during his career, Smith failed to get Freshman Mention or Honorable Mention or some part of All-X Team, etc. at some point then his success as a player would be reasonably questioned.

Khristian Lander was a consensus 5-star recruit. He lasted two seasons at IU and only played 39 games. He averaged 2.4 ppg during his time there. He did not receive significant honors. I think it fair to say that he was not successful in his tenure. I do not believe many IU fans would disagree with my assessment of his career there.
Furst was a Mr. basketball and didn’t sniff the freshman team. Does that make him an unsuccessful player? Anthony Leal was Mr. basketball and to this point in his career has not been successful. Lander was not successful.

Jordan Hulls never sniffed an All-Big Ten team, and I would say he had a very successful career. Same for guys that have been on your team that played a lot and won a lot of games, but never made the All-Big Ten team. I would argue that IT and Eric Hunter had successful careers at Purdue even without the honors.

From the beginning I’ve stated that if you are not convicted of a crime, then you shouldn’t be punished. No, I don’t think Williams should be punished just as I don’t think Hendershot or Xavier should have been punished.
Are you a freaking idiot or just dumb? You're convicted when you;

1. Sign a plea deal
2. Signing the plea means you're are agreeing to the allegations that you're being charged and you're sentenced as to the follow agreement.

Both are convicted criminals by the State of Indiana. Break probation and ask the State if they would/would've handle it lightly.

Lander clearly sucks. Western Kentucky agrees.

From a non-partisan standpoint, the one exception I would take with your post is the continued contention that Indiana is one of the best states for producing players.

It’s not bad and it’s really good on a per capita basis, but for the past five or so years, it seems like the state of Indiana is not consistently producing major impact players the way it used to. TJD and Ivey are exceptions, but they are fewer and farther between than they used to be.

Lander clearly sucks. Western Kentucky agrees.

From a non-partisan standpoint, the one exception I would take with your post is the continued contention that Indiana is one of the best states for producing players.

It’s not bad and it’s really good on a per capita basis, but for the past five or so years, it seems like the state of Indiana is not consistently producing major impact players the way it used to. TJD and Ivey are exceptions, but they are fewer and farther between than they used to be.
Could that be due to class basketball? I've always thought it somewhat ruined Indiana basketball.

Are you a freaking idiot or just dumb? You're convicted when you;

1. Sign a plea deal
2. Signing the plea means you're are agreeing to the allegations that you're being charged and you're sentenced as to the follow agreement.

Both are convicted criminals by the State of Indiana. Break probation and ask the State if they would/would've handle it lightly.
False. You plead guilty to the reduced charges. Ever gotten a speeding ticket? You too are a convicted criminal.

Could that be due to class basketball? I've always thought it somewhat ruined Indiana basketball.
I guess it’s possible, but I don’t really think so. To me it seems like Lander got a very high assessment when he was really young, and while they backed him off a bit, he was never ranked commensurate with his drop off. Archie fell for it and devoted a ton of energy to a guy that was showing signs at the end of his high school career that he was never going to develop.

Id compare the dynamic with a 3–2 Kentucky team which started this season ranked number four overall, has so far looked completely awful and has two losses, yet still stays in the top 15 nationally this week.

That may be true with Fortune 500 companies, but there are so many other jobs out there (and better jobs) than at Fortune 500. With a psych degree or sociology degree, you aren’t getting a finance job at a Fortune 500 company even with a Harvard degree.

Lol no that was not one of the reasons IU chose to end the Crossroads. IU wanted a nationally relevant game (see home and away with Kansas and Neutral site with Arizona). IU was tired of providing revenue to other instate schools and giving those schools publicity by playing in the event. Lastly, there was no upside to playing the event. If we won, we were supposed to. If we lost, we lost to a bad team.
Your post is full of contradictions of your previous comments. First of all, who is restricting things to Finance? Not me, Marketing positions in a large firm can pay quite well (See Brand Management at P&G) and a psych degree might prove useful in designing an ad campaign. Is that not true? There are other examples: Human Resources for instance. Knowing psychology would not be a benefit in designing a social media platform? I think that it would. You are making assertions made up of thin air with no support.

Earlier in this post, you stated that IU wanted a nationally relevant game and that the Crossroads did not provide that as well as being tired of providing revenue to the other schools. Plus, there was no upside. Butler and ND would be very surprised to hear that. As I recall, Butler and especially ND have had a significant post-season records in the not so distant memory of CBB fans. ND seems to pull in good ratings which is why the ACC accepted ND under conditions not very favorable to the conference. Plus, as you have pointed out, Purdue has in recent years been nationally ranked when IU was not. Wouldn't that affect interest?

Plus, you cite revenue as a consideration. Would it not seem logical that if IU was providing the bulk of the revenue (as you contend) it was because they provided the bulk of the seat-buying fans? So your position seems to be: "Yes, we were represented by the great majority of the fans but it really wasn't a home game for us." This despite the fact that ex-Butler, IU was the closest campus to Indianapolis.

This is a series of very strange positions to hold simultaneously.

• Love
False. You plead guilty to the reduced charges. Ever gotten a speeding ticket? You too are a convicted criminal.
Wrong. The difference is diversion is before conviction and probation is after conviction. You know zero about the law.

Plus a Misdemeanor isn't reduced even after your probation is fully satisfied.

I guess it’s possible, but I don’t really think so. To me it seems like Lander got a very high assessment when he was really young, and while they backed him off a bit, he was never ranked commensurate with his drop off. Archie fell for it and devoted a ton of energy to a guy that was showing signs at the end of his high school career that he was never going to develop.

Id compare the dynamic with a 3–2 Kentucky team which started this season ranked number four overall, has so far looked completely awful and has two losses, yet still stays in the top 15 nationally this week.
JM, Lander was the 26th ranked recruit as a senior and a 5-star. I will simply posit that to be ranked that high by talent evaluators must have meant that others saw a significant potential for development.

Hendershot and Xavier both pleaded guilty. And they both received probation. So yes, they were guilty of a crime. Trevion Williams was not charged for a crime...

And yet neither IU player was suspended, even with a guilty plea...

JM, Lander was the 26th ranked recruit as a senior and a 5-star. I will simply posit that to be ranked that high by talent evaluators must have meant that others saw a significant potential for development.
I’m going off memory, but I think he was a high five star as a high school sophomore, dropped to 26th as a junior, and then reclassified and never played his senior season of high school. The way he was playing if he played his senior season. It seems like he would’ve dropped even more.

Generally, it’s probably a better indicator if someone is charging up the rankings as they go through their high school career instead of fading. Not trying to take a shot at him, but the same thing happened to Morton at Purdue. Started out as a high four-star and faded by the time his senior year was over. It happens all the time and it usually is a bad sign.

And I’m sure this goes without saying, but Archie Miller was a truly shitty talent assessor. Indiana’s current staff is already miles and miles ahead of Archie’s assessments, both with who they have gotten, and with the four players that they dropped after last season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT