ADVERTISEMENT

IU

Guy, I cited your posts on the IU site #50, 55 and 58 in this very thread. Go back and read them. What are you talking about? On the IU site, you had an extensive discussion with IUNorth where you were all over Smith. Come on, stop making things up. Remember your HAHAHAHAHA? Please stop. You were complaining about Bardo's listing of freshmen he thought would get honors.Ask IUNorth what his perception of your comments was.

You seem to enjoy cavilling.

Reactions: PurdueDave
You had so many I can't remember them, but I do recall Trojan claiming Smith was a bad recruit. Unfortunately Trojan is no longer available to search.
You think Trojan said that here? My trojan account was banned here when Smith was probably in middle school. Try again.

You think Trojan said that here? My trojan account was banned here when Smith was probably in middle school. Try again.
You don't recall stating that Purdue's class of Waddell, Smith,and Loyer was bad? Come on dude, own up to your bad takes.

Guy, I cited your posts on the IU site #50, 55 and 58 in this very thread. Go back and read them. What are you talking about? On the IU site, you had an extensive discussion with IUNorth where you were all over Smith. Come on, stop making things up. Remember your HAHAHAHAHA? Please stop. You were complaining about Bardo's listing of freshmen he thought would get honors.Ask IUNorth what his perception of your comments was.

You seem to enjoy cavilling.
I said it was too early to say whether or not IU should have recruited him. I also said I never thought he would make an All-Big Ten team. That does not mean I don’t think he is successful. You can’t point to a posted where I posted “Braden Smith will not be successful” like you stated I did. You lied and were called on it.

You don't recall stating that Purdue's class of Waddell, Smith,and Loyer was bad? Come on dude, own up to your bad takes.
I definitely said Waddell was garbage, and I stand by that. I’ve always said Loyer will be the best at the pure shooter role as Painter has ever had. I‘ve said Smith has a low ceiling due to his size and I stand by that as well. There is a difference.

I definitely said Waddell was garbage, and I stand by that. I’ve always said Loyer will be the best at the pure shooter role as Painter has ever had. I‘ve said Smith has a low ceiling due to his size and I stand by that as well. There is a difference.
What was your last user ID on this site where you commented on Smith?

What was your last user ID on this site where you commented on Smith?
I don’t know that I’ve ever commented about Smith on this site. My last ID on this site was @TwinIsDucati.

I’ve posted over here very scarcely in the last year and a half. When I have posted over here it’s been less about basketball like this thread.

Let's get this straight: Smith has a low ceiling. He will never make an All-B1G team. The idea that he would be on the All-Freshman team or potential Freshman of the Year is met with mockery. But that doesn't mean that he won't be successful. That is the definition of cavilling.

I believe that he is the first of this year's Freshman of the Week. That means he is one-up on everyone else and on the way to proving you wrong.

Let's get this straight: Smith has a low ceiling. He will never make an All-B1G team. The idea that he would be on the All-Freshman team or potential Freshman of the Year is met with mockery. But that doesn't mean that he won't be successful. That is the definition of cavilling.

I believe that he is the first of this year's Freshman of the Week. That means he is one-up on everyone else and on the way to proving you wrong.
We’ve been over this already. Smith being Freshman of the year is the only thing I mocked.

Many guys have low ceilings, never make an All-Big Ten team, and still have successful careers. Jordan Hulls, PJ Thompson, IT, Robert Johnson, Ryan Cline, and so many others on both teams fit that description. You only think it’s an insult because you have higher expectations for him, which is fine.

I don’t know that I’ve ever commented about Smith on this site. My last ID on this site was @TwinIsDucati.

I’ve posted over here very scarcely in the last year and a half. When I have posted over here it’s been less about basketball like this thread.
Hard to

Unfortunately you change user IDs like most folks change their pants. Makes it hard to dig up your old words, but we all know your moronic position on Ivey "inefficient chucker", Zach Edey "nothing but a stiff", and saying Purdue's current freshman class sucks.

Hard to

Unfortunately you change user IDs like most folks change their pants. Makes it hard to dig up your old words, but we all know your moronic position on Ivey "inefficient chucker", Zach Edey "nothing but a stiff", and saying Purdue's current freshman class sucks.
Ivey was an inefficient chucker. He’s proving that with the Pistons. Can you link the Edey comments? I may have said that prior to him playing a game, but I beat the Edey drum all last year. He was Purdue’s best player. I never said your freshman class sucked. Only Waddell (who wasn’t part of that recruiting class).

These are your direct posts:

Post 50, Nov 9th: "He will never be an All Big (sic) Ten player."
Post 55, Nov 9th: "He won't be on any of the real All-Big Ten teams. Honorable mention (sic) is pointless."
Post 58, Nov 9th: (Made in response to a post that Smith would be on the All-Big Ten Freshmen Team and perhaps Freshman of the Year for the conference should Purdue win it) "HAHAHAHAHA"

You may claim that your HAHAHAHAHA was in reference to the second part of IUNorth's comment but that is not how it reads. Quite bluntly, I do not believe it. You are trying to weasel out. If you did not express yourself clearly and/or properly that is on you. You are quoted accurately here. If you do not wish to be called out on your posts, then express yourself more clearly.

You maintain in your posts that Honorable Mention is pointless, but not even being Honorable Mention is successful. Do you not realize how incongruous that sounds?

These are your direct posts:

Post 50, Nov 9th: "He will never be an All Big (sic) Ten player."
Post 55, Nov 9th: "He won't be on any of the real All-Big Ten teams. Honorable mention (sic) is pointless."
Post 58, Nov 9th: (Made in response to a post that Smith would be on the All-Big Ten Freshmen Team and perhaps Freshman of the Year for the conference should Purdue win it) "HAHAHAHAHA"

You may claim that your HAHAHAHAHA was in reference to the second part of IUNorth's comment but that is not how it reads. Quite bluntly, I do not believe it. You are trying to weasel out. If you did not express yourself properly that is on you. You are quoted accurately here. If you do not wish to be called out on your posts, then express yourself more clearly.

You maintain in your posts that Honorable Mention is pointless, but not even being Honorable Mention is successful. Do you not realize how incongruous that sounds?
So my posts say exactly what I’ve been saying.

Thank you for proving my point. Honorable mention is pointless because there are like 15-20 of them each year. Doesn’t make those players bad players or unsuccessful players.

As we all now saw above, nowhere did I say Braden Smith would be unsuccessful as you claimed I did. I accept your apology.

Ivey was an inefficient chucker. He’s proving that with the Pistons. Can you link the Edey comments? I may have said that prior to him playing a game, but I beat the Edey drum all last year. He was Purdue’s best player. I never said your freshman class sucked. Only Waddell (who wasn’t part of that recruiting class).
May have been your ugly brother coach geez (or whatever his ID was) that called Zach a stiff.

17 games into his NBA season, Ivey is shooting 48.4% from the 2 pt. area and 33% from the 3 pt. area. That hardly strikes me as inefficient chucking. He is third on the team in average points per game scoring.

17 games into his NBA season, Ivey is shooting 48.4% from the 2 pt. area and 33% from the 3 pt. area. That hardly strikes me as inefficient chucking. He is third on the team in average points per game scoring.
Oh look, another thing for you to argue about. Taking 14 shots to score 17 points is not efficient. PER of 14.

So my posts say exactly what I’ve been saying.

Thank you for proving my point. Honorable mention is pointless because there are like 15-20 of them each year. Doesn’t make those players bad players or unsuccessful players.

As we all now saw above, nowhere did I say Braden Smith would be unsuccessful as you claimed I did. I accept your apology.
This is nonsense. Your posts are read in context and trying to pretend that it only applies to the second part and not the first part doesn't work. Not just me, but others have read your posts and come to the same conclusions. If those are incorrect, then it is because you are not expressing yourself clearly. That is on the writer, not the reader.

You are playing games. Your defense can be characterized as the following: " Yes, it is true that I called him a thief, but I never called him a criminal."

You should create a new name for posting and call it the Kirkwood Caviler.

This is nonsense. Your posts are read in context and trying to pretend that it only applies to the second part and not the first part doesn't work. Not just me, but others have read your posts and come to the same conclusions. If those are incorrect, then it is because you are not expressing yourself clearly. That is on the writer, not the reader.

You are playing games. Your defense can be characterized as the following: " Yes, it is true that I called him a thief, but I never called him a criminal."

You should create a new name for posting and call it the Kirkwood Caviler.
Well this is clearly going in circles with you trying to say I said things I never said. Probably a good time to wrap this one up.

The next week will be very telling for where both of our teams stand.

You cannot have it both ways. You claim that "I never said that Smith would be unsuccessful." despite the posts which rather clearly indicate your view otherwise when read in context. Well, if we are to read EXACTLY what is written, then your comment in your cited post 58 must be read the same way. Reading literally both ways in order to be consistent. If so, you, by your own admission, in this thread mocked Smith in the entire referenced post, not just part of it because you look foolish in the whole and only want involvement in a part. Your post did not make the distinction when read literally. So stop pretending otherwise because that is the way you demand that your posts be read. If you cannot write properly that is on you. You have insisted that your words be read literally and not in any context. Your attempt to then weasel out of the literal post, along with the others, and claim that you didn't mean what is written is duplicitous.

If anything, this thread has exposed you for who you are. You have been demonstrated to be dishonest, caviling, arrogant and lacking in reading comprehension. I will leave it to the other here to judge who has attempted to engage in honest discussion and who is the fraud, I am pretty confident about which of us will be viewed as correct by others - and it is not you.

Last edited:
You cannot have it both ways. You claim that "I never said that Smith would be unsuccessful." despite the posts which rather clearly indicate your view otherwise when read in context. Well, if we are to read EXACTLY what is written, then your comment in your cited post 58 must be read the same way. Reading literally both ways in order to be consistent. If so, you, by your own admission, in this thread mocked Smith in the entire referenced post, not just part of it because you look foolish in the whole and only want involvement in a part. Your post did not make the distinction when read literally. So stop pretending otherwise because that is the way you demand that your posts be read. If you cannot write properly that is on you. You have insisted that your words be read literally and not in any context. Your attempt to then weasel out of the literal post, along with the others, and claim that you didn't mean what is written is duplicitous.

If anything, this thread has exposed you for who you are. You have been demonstrated to be dishonest, caviling, arrogant and lacking in reading comprehension. I will leave it to the other here to judge who has attempted to engage in honest discussion and who is the fraud, I am pretty confident about which of us will be viewed as correct by others - and it is not you.
You done now? Can we move on? We’ve been at this for almost 3 days going in circles. I’m good to move on if you are.

Yeah, he's terribly inefficient with the Pistons. Shooting 42% from the field while averaging 16 pts, 5 boards, and 4 assists as a rookie. And so far it beats out what Oladipo did his rookie year...

Oh, and remind me. How's Romeo Langford doing?

Getting back to IU basketball, and away from the personal insults, I thought IU looked pretty good last night. They looked fluid on offense, but a bit stiff on defense. Of course, Little Rock wasn’t much of a test. TJD didn’t play, so maybe that’s why they looked more fluid than usual. The ball didn’t stick down low.

All in all, they looked like they are rounding into shape. They steadily outplayed Little Rock, but didn’t step on their neck.

When I was a student and lived in Indiana, it was explained to me that the legislature did not want to have duplicate programs (as much as was possible) and thus Purdue had the Vet School, Ag School and School of Engineering while IU did not. IU had the Law School, Med School, Music School and Business School while Purdue did not. This was in the interest of saving money.
???

Krannert School of Management?

Last edited:
It was explained to me that when Purdue wanted to have a business school they were originally blocked because the legislature not wanting duplication. Thus, Purdue decided to start a school of Management with the argument that this was different (though in reality it is not.) It was essentially a semantic run-around to create Krannert.

Getting back to IU basketball, and away from the personal insults, I thought IU looked pretty good last night. They looked fluid on offense, but a bit stiff on defense. Of course, Little Rock wasn’t much of a test. TJD didn’t play, so maybe that’s why they looked more fluid than usual. The ball didn’t stick down low.

All in all, they looked like they are rounding into shape. They steadily outplayed Little Rock, but didn’t step on their neck.

Why would we wanna talk about IU basketball here? That's what the IU board is for.

Now that being said, let's get back to the fun that surrounds the insulting of IU sports...

They have been shit for so long, it’s not shocking they would finally have decent season. Good for them. Can they sustain it?

Reactions: mathboy
I think the loosiers might be a little nervous that we don't rebuild....we reload....what would happen if Purdue finishes ahead of iu this year?...their best team in a generation....

Yea Crean really only had a few moments... Wasn't very good against Purdue. Obviously those first 3v seasons were really rough. But I believe a Crean coached team holds the series record for largest margin of victory at Mackey? Maybe?
Yeah. Crean up 40 and still pressing the last minute of the game. Classy as hell. Painter called off the dogs when we were up 30. Oh and IU fans dont count his first 2 years at IU. And Crean had what was considered the most underachieving team of all time. Number one in the country and Syracuse took them down. Also with 2 top 4 players in the draft. Be proud.

It’s cute that you think we care about football. Enjoy your lower tier bowl game against some mediocre team where 40% of players will be sitting out and your coach will announce he’s leaving for Louisville after.
You only wish your coach was in demand. Oh and brag about your last bowl game. As Vitale said in Bloomington; it’s not a rival if Purdue always wins.

Yeah. Crean up 40 and still pressing the last minute of the game. Classy as hell. Painter called off the dogs when we were up 30. Oh and IU fans dont count his first 2 years at IU. And Crean had what was considered the most underachieving team of all time. Number one in the country and Syracuse took them down. Also with 2 top 4 players in the draft. Be proud.
Purdue still never beat those terrible Crean teams by 30. I'm fact, Purdue has only beaten IU by more than 20 twice in the last like 70 years.
2009- Creans first season, y'all won by 14.
2010- Won by 3 at Assembly Hall and then 19 at Mackey.
2011- Won by at AH and 14 at Mackey.

That's against 3 teams that won 6, 10 and 12 games. And 1, 4 and 3 games in the B1G. They were borderline D2 teams. And then Indiana got Cody Zeller.
2012- Indiana wins by 17 and 11.
2013- Indiana wins by 37 at Mackey and 28 at Assembly 3. After the 3 years prior that IU went through, why wouldn't they smash anyone's faces into the ground that they could?
The difference? That 2011-2012 Purdue team went to the NCAA tourney. The 2012-2013 team was 9-9 in the B1G, though didn't make the tourney.

Probably. He and I disagree on pretty much everything.
Coach Geese is still around? He used to be over her bragging about the revival of clownpants football under the Rev. Coach Leo.

I assumed he fluttered away in humiliation to relieve himself over Memorial Stadium and met is odoriferous demise.

Reactions: PurdueDave
You only wish your coach was in demand. Oh and brag about your last bowl game. As Vitale said in Bloomington; it’s not a rival if Purdue always wins.
It's funny because over the past 20-25 years Purdue-IU is closer than Duke-UNC and UK-UofL.

I think the loosiers might be a little nervous that we don't rebuild....we reload....what would happen if Purdue finishes ahead of iu this year?...their best team in a generation....
As long as our pretty good team doesn’t finish third in conference, and then lose to a 15 seed I’m feeling OK.

If we can avoid major injuries, I like our chances.

As long as our pretty good team doesn’t finish third in conference, and then lose to a 15 seed I’m feeling OK.

If we can avoid major injuries, I like our chances.
Uh oh tjd has a back issue....might end the loosiers dream season before it starts....too bad....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT