ADVERTISEMENT

IU

I only respond to those that criticize IU players. As Romeo is the best prospect either team has gotten in a long time, he gets a lot of criticism over here. That's why a lot of my posts are about him.

As far as comparing Nojel and Romeo, I think you can see there is a difference. If you can't, it's probably best we dont delve into that and agree to disagree.
So you get mad that they criticize this kid that isn’t your son what you expect them to do on a Purdue site that mostly Purdue fans post on and talk about Purdue basketball. You will never ever get anybody to agree with you no matter your love affair about Romeo Langford he goes to Indiana so you expect even the most rational basketball fan to side with you about Langford it’s never gonna happen when I no if u were on Indiana forum u will get all the love from your fellow fans like yourself raving Romeo. There is no difference and Jan 19 that difference will be tested. Your obsession over a kid who isn’t related to you is crazy to me and you on a free board that most Purdue fans talk Purdue basketball you want them to jump on the Romeo train I gotcha. My son is on the team so I can see me getting offended if somebody was criticizing my son about this or that but you are offended that those on this site don’t side with you or agree with about who Romeo is is mind boggling to me.

Reactions: Ignacious McNutt
So you get mad that they criticize this kid that isn’t your son what you expect them to do on a Purdue site that mostly Purdue fans post on and talk about Purdue basketball. You will never ever get anybody to agree with you no matter your love affair about Romeo Langford he goes to Indiana so you expect even the most rational basketball fan to side with you about Langford it’s never gonna happen when I no if u were on Indiana forum u will get all the love from your fellow fans like yourself raving Romeo. There is no difference and Jan 19 that difference will be tested. Your obsession over a kid who isn’t related to you is crazy to me and you on a free board that most Purdue fans talk Purdue basketball you want them to jump on the Romeo train I gotcha. My son is on the team so I can see me getting offended if somebody was criticizing my son about this or that but you are offended that those on this site don’t side with you or agree with about who Romeo is is mind boggling to me.
He is obsessed with what we think of his team here. There is no real other explanation for him spending as much time and effort on here that he does.

Reactions: mathboy
Speaking of Duke, I watched them for the first time last night. To say they are a hand full is an understatement. I am glad IU and not Purdue plays them. I actually feel bad for IU before this game is even played. AUB looks to have a very good team and it never felt Duke was challenged.

Wow, you are an idiot. I clearly stated 3 OF 4 guys I mentioned hit at least 1 per game. That means RP, Durham, and Fitzner.

To continue talking about your lack of reading comprehension I said PRIOR to last game IU and Purdue were within 1% of each other. I made no mention of the 4% you asserted in this post.
You still haven’t answere the question. Is own three pointer per game good? I see Fitz at 5 of 10, as well as I see the fact that he is 0 for 4 in the last two games. Is that the good shooters you are claiming? If I shoot 100% for 3 and only make one per game, is that considered a good shooter? Does it really help your team win or is it just a cute little stat idiots use to make stupid predictions? IU had no good shooters returning and didn’t add any. Purdue returned two 40% long range shooters over a span of numerous seasons. To think IU would be better was merely hope and hyperbole, which is common for IU fans. Another example is your Romeo as a top 5 pick. I googled the draft in 2019 and I don’t see anyone picking him in the top 5. Hyperbole...and the reason Purdue fans like to point and laugh at IU fans like yourself.

I'm posting about IU in an IU thread that I didnt start. Again, if you dont want to see it, you can hide the thread. Rational college basketball fans agree with me.

Speaking of Duke, I watched them for the first time last night. To say they are a hand full is an understatement. I am glad IU and not Purdue plays them. I actually feel bad for IU before this game is even played. AUB looks to have a very good team and it never felt Duke was challenged.
I think we lose by 20+ with a very real shot at losing by 30.

Let's not let this get out of hand. NC has been posting over here for a long time, never has hid his IU fandom and for the most part been pretty sensible. Unlike some of the other quacks from Peegs. It's just an argument.

He is obsessed with what we think of his team here. There is no real other explanation for him spending as much time and effort on here that he does.
I see it’s like he wants validation from fans who don’t care about Indiana basketball especially on a board that is intended mostly for Purdue fans. I no it’s a free board and all but I no they have one too why not go over there were everything he say about that kid they will agree what he is saying. The obsession is scary to say the least. He came on the site and said we got the win with 6 healthy bodies which I do hope those injured including Romeo are ok or will be ok but why come on this site talking about Indiana basketball when they do have a site to do that. I don’t post on nobody site other than this one I certainly don’t go talking about my son to get people approval who he is his game will do that. There are fans then there are FANS

Reactions: BBG
Let's not let this get out of hand. NC has been posting over here for a long time, never has hid his IU fandom and for the most part been pretty sensible. Unlike some of the other quacks from Peegs. It's just an argument.
I get what u saying and I’m not arguing either I simply asked a question that is all. It’s tons of players even on there team that can be discussed. I come in peace I do

You still haven’t answere the question. Is own three pointer per game good? I see Fitz at 5 of 10, as well as I see the fact that he is 0 for 4 in the last two games. Is that the good shooters you are claiming? If I shoot 100% for 3 and only make one per game, is that considered a good shooter? Does it really help your team win or is it just a cute little stat idiots use to make stupid predictions? IU had no good shooters returning and didn’t add any. Purdue returned two 40% long range shooters over a span of numerous seasons. To think IU would be better was merely hope and hyperbole, which is common for IU fans. Another example is your Romeo as a top 5 pick. I googled the draft in 2019 and I don’t see anyone picking him in the top 5. Hyperbole...and the reason Purdue fans like to point and laugh at IU fans like yourself.
http://walterfootball.com/nbadraft2019mock.php

http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

https://www.draftsite.com/nba/mock-draft/2019/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/hoopsh...caa-preview-best-international-prospects/amp/

Yes, if you hit 1/gm and hit 100% on the season you are a really good shooter.

Carsen is shooting better than I expected this season. I expected him to be around 35-36% like Cline is. I was not expecting Cline and Carsen to average 20 3pt attempts per game between the two of them. I figured there would be others involved in the offense.

Agreed, I'm going to bow out now.

The simple point here is that mock drafts do not count. Nobody is at risk in a mock draft. There is no real penalty if you are wrong. Kind of like exhibition games, no coach gets fired for not winning exhibitions; they get fired for not winning real games. People trade paper stock portfolios and make money. When they trade real portfolios that is often not the case. People win at simulated Blackjack but there is a reason that there are these big buildings in Las Vegas.

Decision making changes when the consequences are real. There is a lot of data supporting this fact. Do a little research in the area of Behavioral Finance or read the work of the guy at the Carnegie Mellon B School who focuses on decision making as his area of research.

The simple point here is that mock drafts do not count. Nobody is at risk in a mock draft. There is no real penalty if you are wrong. Kind of like exhibition games, no coach gets fired for not winning exhibitions; they get fired for not winning real games. People trade paper stock portfolios and make money. When they trade real portfolios that is often not the case. People win at simulated Blackjack but there is a reason that there are these big buildings in Las Vegas.

Decision making changes when the consequences are real. There is a lot of data supporting this fact. Do a little research in the area of Behavioral Finance or read the work of the guy at the Carnegie Mellon B School who focuses on decision making as his area of research.
I've provided examples of NBA scouts (people who have risk in the decision) that said he was likely a top 5 pick and guaranteed lottery pick.

Trojan was wrong to hype Romeo's shooting.

Even with poor shooting Romeo is likely a lottery pick.

Can this discussion end now?

Reactions: mathboy
No, my point was that until you make a recommendation at draft time there is no risk! What you think before you have to make the go/no go decision is riskless. It is when your job, money, etc is on the table that risk is involved and at that point words become very real and decision-making changes.

Drafting involves gamesmanship. Let's assume that I am interested in Player X. I am drafting slightly ahead of a team interested in Player Y. I talk up Y and downplay X. I want to scare the other team into trading up with me to get Y. I can then get X. If the case, I have the player that I want plus extra draft picks, cash or some other benefit.

If I had a scout that was publicly talking up a player that I wanted I would fire him immediately.

Last edited:
I'm thankful for this thread.....and the ignore button. Now I can avoid all the 12 year olds bickering back and forth. :)

No feud, guy is just a pest who likes to challenge and illegitimatize anything I say. Guy seriously has a complex and it shows.

Happy Thanksgiving Bay Area Boiler...……….and this goes for all the other IU fans and trolls too!!!
A VCR? Really?……….and stop calling me "guy":)
s-l1000.jpg

Child perhaps?

And yes, you’re about a useful as a VCR when it comes to providing basketball content. At least the VCR wouldn’t open its mouth.

I like you too.
Apparently, you have a lot of basketball wisdom to share.
If you could talk down to people less often, I think we'd be on to something. Now, let's put our differences aside for the rest of this thread and get ready for Thanksgiving turkey.

We would beat them them if it wasn’t for all our injuries

He brought a bottle of JW blue so I let him stay. Cheers.
And both of his kids are students at Alabam. Me living in LA and a small LSU fan it kind of hurts. Can’t say much. But it is nice to see both of them (his wife is IU as well) wearing Alabama crap. Better than what it could have been.

Anybody who thinks Romeo won’t be in the discussion for all-B1G 1st team and possibly POY isn’t being honest with themselves. The kid is as close to being pro-ready to come of an Indiana HS that I have seen since Eric Gordon.
Did dad get that Adidas money spent?

Reactions: New Pal Boiler

Good one, really adds to the discussion. Maybe you could go to the Zeke thread and talk about how Purdue would have gotten him if it wasn’t for the money. People like you are annoying. Nothing has been proven illegal about either of these instances, so until it is you’re just smearing people in the mud that you don’t know, and never will.

Anyway, back to the thread. I’m an IU fan. And I can clearly see that Purdue is a better 3pt shooting team than IU. Carsen has in the gym range and can get his shot off in an instant. Same with Cline, but he needs a little more space.

I don’t know why IU fans are running around here declaring how great IU is from 3. They’re not. But I also don’t think they need to be. They just need to be respectable enough to hit some when open and keep the defenses honest. Even Archie himself after the first game of the season said that this team does not strive to shoot a lot of threes. They do aspire to drive to the basket and draw contact and shoot free throws. Now that’s where they need to get better, hitting those free throws. But regardless, they will not shoot a fantastic % from 3, they will not shoot a lot of them, but they will still get good shots, and they have. Before tonight’s game they were ranked 1st in the country in FG%, despite poor outside shooting. And yes, the teams they’ve played haven’t been world beaters, but most other top teams have played similar schedules and IU is still excelling in FG%.

I’m not worried about the 3pt shooting and I don’t see a point in arguing who’s better, because at the end of the day the team that wins doesn’t care how many 3’s they hit as long as they win. The only thing I’m worried about is getting healthy. This team is snakebit right now, and if they don’t get healthy before conference begins, there could be problems.

Good one, really adds to the discussion. Maybe you could go to the Zeke thread and talk about how Purdue would have gotten him if it wasn’t for the money. People like you are annoying. Nothing has been proven illegal about either of these instances, so until it is you’re just smearing people in the mud that you don’t know, and never will.

Anyway, back to the thread. I’m an IU fan. And I can clearly see that Purdue is a better 3pt shooting team than IU. Carsen has in the gym range and can get his shot off in an instant. Same with Cline, but he needs a little more space.

I don’t know why IU fans are running around here declaring how great IU is from 3. They’re not. But I also don’t think they need to be. They just need to be respectable enough to hit some when open and keep the defenses honest. Even Archie himself after the first game of the season said that this team does not strive to shoot a lot of threes. They do aspire to drive to the basket and draw contact and shoot free throws. Now that’s where they need to get better, hitting those free throws. But regardless, they will not shoot a fantastic % from 3, they will not shoot a lot of them, but they will still get good shots, and they have. Before tonight’s game they were ranked 1st in the country in FG%, despite poor outside shooting. And yes, the teams they’ve played haven’t been world beaters, but most other top teams have played similar schedules and IU is still excelling in FG%.

I’m not worried about the 3pt shooting and I don’t see a point in arguing who’s better, because at the end of the day the team that wins doesn’t care how many 3’s they hit as long as they win. The only thing I’m worried about is getting healthy. This team is snakebit right now, and if they don’t get healthy before conference begins, there could be problems.
People like you? Hell you don’t know me. If Purdue got a recruit and the dad was paid by a shoe company most IU fans would be raising hell. Holier than thou doesn’t apply any more. Deal with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT