ADVERTISEMENT

Gonzaga

Ike we let shoot. Dragging edey out to the 3 on him is awful. We dare him to shoot it. This game would be perfect to run a zone for us.. but alas...

Its going to be interesting to see how we guard their 3rd big with one of our 3 guards.

I think we have to put Jones on Watson, hes the only one of our starting wings that can have a chance on him.

I really dont like how we match up on defense at all. We need to get a big or 2 in early foul trouble amd whichever of their 3 bigs guards one of our wings needs to be ran all over the court and screened constantly as they will struggle keeping up which can result in open 3s off screen and pump fake drives.

Once again whoever gets the opposing team in foul trouble first will enjoy a big advantage

Reactions: Heads up BOILER
Ike we let shoot. Dragging edey out to the 3 on him is awful. We dare him to shoot it. This game would be perfect to run a zone for us.. but alas...

Its going to be interesting to see how we guard their 3rd big with one of our 3 guards.

I think we have to put Jones on Watson, hes the only one of our starting wings that can have a chance on him.

I really dont like how we match up on defense at all. We need to get a big or 2 in early foul trouble amd whichever of their 3 bigs guards one of our wings needs to be ran all over the court and screened constantly as they will struggle keeping up which can result in open 3s off screen and pump fake drives.

Once again whoever gets the opposing team in foul trouble first will enjoy a big advantage
As much as you might not like how we match up against them on the defensive side, I think they share the same sentiments matching up with us.

I expect to see TKR continue feasting in the post and getting some big boards. Zach is gonna Zach. I think Loyer keeps his hot hand rolling. Jones will do typical Jones things. As good as Smith has been, I think this is his breakout game. Something about Gonzaga trying to tamper with him last summer is that spark that ignites him. He was chirping their bench in Hawaii the whole game. Don’t think he forgot.

What do you mean about them tampering?

And ya I agree thats why I mentioned running whatever big they use on one of our guards all over and through screens. Need the same energy level and aggressiveness from TKR as you mentioned too.

Neither kf their 2 guards worry me much on the defensive end in terms of them slowing down our guards

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
What do you mean about them tampering?

And ya I agree thats why I mentioned running whatever big they use on one of our guards all over and through screens. Need the same energy level and aggressiveness from TKR as you mentioned too.

Neither kf their 2 guards worry me much on the defensive end in terms of them slowing down our guards
Gonzaga was looking at Braden the same time we offered him in high school. Rumor is they reached out to him after last season to see if he would enter the portal and come to Gonzaga.

Gonzaga was looking at Braden the same time we offered him in high school. Rumor is they reached out to him after last season to see if he would enter the portal and come to Gonzaga.
This is 100% accurate and was confirmed .... elsewhere. Also during the Maui game one of the zag assistants was getting mouthy with Braden.

I have little doubt he will be the single most dialed in person on the team tonight. Let's just hope it isn't TOO much.

This is 100% accurate and was confirmed .... elsewhere. Also during the Maui game one of the zag assistants was getting mouthy with Braden.

I have little doubt he will be the single most dialed in person on the team tonight. Let's just hope it isn't TOO much.
When he is on, he is deadly. Don’t need him forcing anything. I don’t want ice water veins or jawing tonight. Just a stuffed stat sheet and a W.

When he is on, he is deadly. Don’t need him forcing anything. I don’t want ice water veins or jawing tonight. Just a stuffed stat sheet and a W.
100% agree... would love to see us open with a 10+ - 0 run... and watch the zags panic set in and start to foul.

Few is an outstanding coach though.. so I expect he'll adjust accordingly and no lead will be "safe".

hopin his shooting stroke is better than it's been the last few games
Not blaming the ball but I don’t think you can spin it the same way as the ball we use for the season. Grip pattern and stickiness is different.

He will have it figured out tonight.

They inflate their stats against a mostly talentless conference. St. Mary spanked them. They need a miracle.
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT