ADVERTISEMENT

IU Departure: Does this one hurt?

Another dumb comment. Both had offers from numerous Big Ten teams.

Brunk:

IU
Iowa
Michigan State
PURDUE
Northwestern

Race:

IU
Minnesota
Northwestern
Nebraska

For reference, your backup centers were offered by a combined 3 Big Ten schools.

Dow:

Purdue
Rutgers

Edey:
Purdue
Minnesota
Offers don’t matter as we have all seen Brunk play for three years now. He is what he is and it’s he’s not a B1G quality starter.

Brunk couldn’t get on the floor for a bad butler team and race looks like he is running in quicksand

Brunk's final year at Butler, he played almost 19 minutes a game and started 13 games.

That's doesn't qualify as "couldn't get on the floor for a bad Butler team".

Extremely thin in the front court? Our starting front court last year was TJD and Joey Brunk. They are both back. Worst case scenario they can play those two again even though that’s not the plan.

It’s likely Race Thompson and TJD start at the 4/5. Hunter is also going to get minutes at the 4, but that’s also his natural position. An inch shorter than Wheeler and 15 lbs heavier. He will be fine at the 4 if he needs to play there.
Honest question, you think Hunter can play serviceable minutes at the 4? Not sure on his measurements but would be an interesting small ball lineup since he seems smaller than an average 4

Honest question, you think Hunter can play serviceable minutes at the 4? Not sure on his measurements but would be an interesting small ball lineup since he seems smaller than an average 4

I think if he can play defense not only would he play serviceable minutes, but quality minutes. Offensively he has the skill set to play the 4. At 6’8 225 he’s plenty big enough. Guarding other 4’s is what he’ll need to prove.

Hunter is an inch shorter than Wheeler, but 15 lbs heavier. He’s two inches taller than Gillis and 5 lbs heavier.

If they are big enough to play the 4, he is as well.

Only natural since Lil Archie is smaller than your average coach.

Reactions: bonefish1
Brunk's final year at Butler, he played almost 19 minutes a game and started 13 games.

That's doesn't qualify as "couldn't get on the floor for a bad Butler team".

He couldn’t beat out Nate Fowler for the starting job haha.

We didn’t need Dow to kick iu’s ass twice this year. When is iu going to beat Purdue again? It’s going on six years. It’s going on five since you made

Reactions: Schnelk
When did hunter grow three inches. He was 6’5” last year. Hell of a growth spurt for a 21 year old.

Hunter is an inch shorter than Wheeler, but 15 lbs heavier. He’s two inches taller than Gillis and 5 lbs heavier.

If they are big enough to play the 4, he is as well.
Gillis and Hunter are both listed at 6’-7” by their schools. Wheeler is listed at 6’-9”.

I’d say hunter is closer to 6’4”. Iu fans always have hard times with measurements. They always overestimate heights. The best was how they referred to eggers and mandeville as seven footers. They played against brad miller, who was always listed at 6’10” or 6’11”. Miller later was measured at 7’0” in the NBA and was at least 4 inches taller than both. They also listed yogi as 6’1” when closer to 5’9”.

I’d say hunter is closer to 6’4”. Iu fans always have hard times with measurements. They always overestimate heights. The best was how they referred to eggers and mandeville as seven footers. They played against brad miller, who was always listed at 6’10” or 6’11”. Miller later was measured at 7’0” in the NBA and was at least 4 inches taller than both. They also listed yogi as 6’1” when closer to 5’9”.

TJD is 6'9. How the hell is Hunter closer to 6'4 than 6'7.

https://images.app.goo.gl/tqD7UHnPxw1NtcDq7

Gillis is not close to 6’7”. If Gillis and Wheeler can play the 4, so can Hunter. Although Hunter won’t be expected to play there often.
Different styles between Gillis and Hunter. Gillis is more comparable to Race and Wheeler to Hunter. They aren't really interchangeable but I would definitely trust Gillis as the 4. Race and Gillis are bulldogs.

Both listed at 6’-7”. Prove that wrong.
Stop using real facts. Come on now, our resident troll doesn't like those and would rather make stuff up.

What's funny is he said Gillis isn't close to 6' 7" and then says he's 6' 6".. I know critical thinking isn't required at IU, but an inch difference (using his measurements) is close.

The sheer amount of ignorance this guy posts on here all the time is nothing short of astounding. I wonder though, does he fall down often? Do automatic doors confuse him since there are no handles? I worry for his safety if he goes outside without a helmet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT