ADVERTISEMENT

IU Departure: Does this one hurt?

In my opinion, the Smith leaving will have about the same impact as losing Haarms. I don’t really think Eastern is that big of a loss individually, but losing Haarms and Eastern who were your two best defensive players by far hurts Purdue more than IU losing Smith. I’m not trying to say IU isn’t losing anything by losing Smith or that it’s addition by subtraction at all.
Purdue lost as many games as it won this past year with Haarms and Eastern...while they both helped offensively, they both bogged things down at the other end. Purdue will be far better offensively without them, and, they will miss Eastern more than Haarms at the other end, yet, still have guys that are good there...especially on the perimeter. Purdue's defensive success is a system success generally as well...sure it is better when they have an elite defender, and, they have had a number of them, but, they still have one in Hunter and have others that are also very good.

Reactions: indyogb
Purdue lost as many games as it won this past year with Haarms and Eastern...while they both helped offensively, they both bogged things down at the other end. Purdue will be far better offensively without them, and, they will miss Eastern more than Haarms at the other end, yet, still have guys that are good there...especially on the perimeter. Purdue's defensive success is a system success generally as well...sure it is better when they have an elite defender, and, they have had a number of them, but, they still have one in Hunter and have others that are also very good.
You are right about NE and Wrong about Haarms! IIRC MH was averaging 12 and 6 prior to the injury.

They have special Archie Supports.

The jig is up....

ba1e9fff-c274-4f9f-8e12-3150c8730766_text_hi.gif

Reactions: bonefish1 and TX4GB
Brunk is 6’8”, but plays like he is 6’4”
WRONG!
Brunk is now down to 6’1”, but that’s with VERY tall shoes. I’m thinking he may be only 5’6”.

Please stop puffing up the abilities of IU players, or at least take that “6’8 crap” to an IU board.

Yeesh.

Reactions: mathboy
WRONG!
Brunk is now down to 6’1”, but that’s with VERY tall shoes. I’m thinking he may be only 5’6”.

Please stop puffing up the abilities of IU players, or at least take that “6’8 crap” to an IU board.

Yeesh.

Mason Jar may be short, but they say he's faster than white lightning,
especially in night games with the moon shining . . .

giphy.gif

Now go back to your trailer park, you dumb hillbilly.

Reactions: mathboy
Gillis is taller than 6'6. Just trust me.
He definitely is. He stood next to Walter Jordan after a game and he looked to be about 1-2" taller. Now, I know Walter is getting older but he has to be 6'7" or better.

Jerome Hunter is 6'5". I've stood next to him before. I hope he plays power forward for Indiana.
If he plays power forward IU will struggle to rebound. Just ask us about Wheeler. I hope Wheels can turn it around but he's a small forward that is 6'8"-6'9".

If he plays power forward IU will struggle to rebound. Just ask us about Wheeler. I hope Wheels can turn it around but he's a small forward that is 6'8"-6'9".
Wheeler was your 3rd best rebounder. He was a better rebounder than Haarms.

Honestly i was just joking about Jerome. I have no idea how tall he is and don't care at all. I just find it funny iu fans are arguing about how tall one of their players is on a Purdue message board.

once again, it appears a player leaves his school because he wants to showcase his personal talents. Nice to see he finished his degree.

I'd love for him to come to Purdue, but not if he refuses to play the 4.
He's a player I've never liked. And if true that he has his degree, more power to him. But at PU....not a smart or good move for the PU Staff. Let him go to Memphis. Or Arizona. Or Kentucky.

I can't believe this has gone three pages. My bump makes it worse sure, but why are so many iu people here to begin with? Don't they have their own site to hang out on?
I’ve been over to their rivals site, and almost every thread degenerates into unreadable insults being thrown at each other. There are some posters over there that cannot stand to let other posters put their perspectives into the thread without severe and rude responses. From what little I can tell, these are not troll posts that folks are reacting to, just IU fans with different perspectives. They persist in posting their perspectives, and then others try to bully them. This goes on for page after page. No subject gets discussed. They just call each other names.

it’s no wonder that some of the better posters come over here to discuss basketball.

Reactions: Level 42
I’ve been over to their rivals site, and almost every thread degenerates into unreadable insults being thrown at each other. There are some posters over there that cannot stand to let other posters put their perspectives into the thread without severe and rude responses. From what little I can tell, these are not troll posts that folks are reacting to, just IU fans with different perspectives. They persist in posting their perspectives, and then others try to bully them. This goes on for page after page. No subject gets discussed. They just call each other names.

it’s no wonder that some of the better posters come over here to discuss basketball.
I am perfectly fine with anyone coming here to discuss basketball and let's face it our own posters, me included at times, mire threads down. Granted the biggest source of angst is gone now, so things should get better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT