ADVERTISEMENT

IU could go 2-6 given their schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I believe in due process and second chances. This wasn’t something swept under the rug by the university and in fact had nothing to do with the university in the first place. This was a legal matter and handled in a court of law as should all sexual and domestic assault claims.
It was handled in the courts. Where it wasn’t handled was with the football program. And don’t give me the suspended In the spring. I have it on pretty good authority there wasn’t much suspension there. No games missed. There should be more outrage. Would there be if there was a video like Ray Rice ? Shouldn’t matter !!

Goodness, you clowns are obtuse. 🤡

Talk about moving goalposts.

This thread was always about possible outcomes, not predictions. My comments were absolutely spot-on. THIRTY YEARS without a win against UM and OSU, and only ONE WIN against PSU.

And it's taken unexpectedly bad seasons from both for IU to get wins.

THIRTY YEARS!

LOL! And you clowns predicted it. 🤣

You so desperately crave my approval and validation. Get over it. Grow some thicker skin.
@Coach Geez told you 😂

It’s about “possible outcomes” and not “predictions” even though he *predicted* that the *possible outcomes* would be 1-3 wins. SPOT ON I SAY! 🤡

Because I believe in due process and second chances. This wasn’t something swept under the rug by the university and in fact had nothing to do with the university in the first place. This was a legal matter and handled in a court of law as should all sexual and domestic assault claims.
His behavior has everything to do with the university. Did he or did he not violate the student code of conduct at IU? And about that "policy" they created for athletes in 2017...

Reactions: Level 42
@Coach Geez told you 😂

It’s about “possible outcomes” and not “predictions” even though he *predicted* that the *possible outcomes* would be 1-3 wins. SPOT ON I SAY! 🤡
Why are you IU fans over here obsessing over what we have to say in the first place? Your trailer park get too boring?

Wow, fortunately this type of thinking has a greatly diminished. Except at IU.

Reactions: Level 42
So much obsession.

Yet so wrong in his assessment and observation. Unless PurduePat doesn’t know what a prospective-student is (very good chance) not sure how that policy pertains to Hendershot at all? He wasn’t a prospective student with a prior felony conviction for DV or sexual assault seeking admission into IU nor was he ever convicted of domestic violence in the first place.

That’s why I always revert back to due process in these scenarios. These are legal proceedings, not university matters.

I've read the article. You apparently didn't understand it. Its not all about prospective recruits. Its also about current players. And you continue to make excuses for why Hendershot is on the field.

Hendershot was never convicted of domestic violence or sexual assault. Did I miss something???

Hendershot was never convicted of domestic violence or sexual assault. Did I miss something???
So let’s get technical since that’s all that seems to matter to you. Not the fact that this dude broke in and smacked a girl around. Again I guess guys like you need to see a video to believe how horrifying this experience was for this young women.

He did plead guilty and was convicted of Criminal Trespass. Probably because the girl was afraid of going thru the process. And he missed 0 games and 0 playing time. Not even a quarter.

For a guy that claims to have been a HS coach then you know that even at the HS level he would of lost at least a 1/4 of his season at Any HS in the state of Indiana for this. At IU he missed no time. Embarrassing. There should be real and meaningful consequences for intimidating a women and putting one’s hands on a women out of anger. This shouldn’t be an IU or Purdue thing. This should be about protecting our Daughters !!!!!!

So let’s get technical since that’s all that seems to matter to you. Not the fact that this dude broke in and smacked a girl around. Again I guess guys like you need to see a video to believe how horrifying this experience was for this young women.

He did plead guilty and was convicted of Criminal Trespass. Probably because the girl was afraid of going thru the process. And he missed 0 games and 0 playing time. Not even a quarter.

For a guy that claims to have been a HS coach then you know that even at the HS level he would of lost at least a 1/4 of his season at Any HS in the state of Indiana for this. At IU he missed no time. Embarrassing. There should be real and meaningful consequences for intimidating a women and putting one’s hands on a women out of anger. This shouldn’t be an IU or Purdue thing. This should be about protecting our Daughters !!!!!!

I’ve been very consistent on the matter. All claims of sexual assault, domestic violence should be legal matters handled by law enforcement and the subsequent courts. Universities don’t have the resources to properly conduct these types of proceedings. People with criminal justice and law backgrounds do however, and that’s why everyone is entitled to due process.

Hendershot was given his day in court, and while the legal process played out, he was suspended indefinitely and away from the team. After his legal proceedings concluded, he’s was given several tasks he needed to complete before rejoining the team. Those tasks were met and he was allowed to rejoin the team. That’s how it should be in all these types of cases. Let the courts play judge, jury, and executioner (that’s what they’re designed to do) not the university.

I’ve been very consistent on the matter. All claims of sexual assault, domestic violence should be legal matters handled by law enforcement and the subsequent courts. Universities don’t have the resources to properly conduct these types of proceedings. People with criminal justice and law backgrounds do however, and that’s why everyone is entitled to due process.

Hendershot was given his day in court, and while the legal process played out, he was suspended indefinitely and away from the team. After his legal proceedings concluded, he’s was given several tasks he needed to complete before rejoining the team. Those tasks were met and he was allowed to rejoin the team. That’s how it should be in all these types of cases. Let the courts play judge, jury, and executioner (that’s what they’re designed to do) not the university.
Wow just wow. What joke. He finished his tasks 😂. Again for a dude that claims to have been a coach that’s not how ANY coach I’ve ever been around would of dealt with this. ANY coach worth his weight would of made this kid miss games at a minimum. Again if this is how IU deals with these types of cases (even ones less profile ) I can almost guarantee there with be a Titie IX lawsuit in the future. And rightfully so.

So in summary what have we learned ? If you are an IU football player and you’re into smacking girls around make sure to do it in the offseason. If so you won’t miss any games when the season comes around.

Wow just wow. What joke. He finished his tasks 😂. Again for a dude that claims to have been a coach that’s not how ANY coach I’ve ever been around would of dealt with this. ANY coach worth his weight would of made this kid miss games at a minimum. Again if this is how IU deals with these types of cases (even ones less profile ) I can almost guarantee there with be a Titie IX lawsuit in the future. And rightfully so.

Title IX lawsuit? For what? Do you even know Title IX works?

This isn't about "completing tasks". This is about IU's tolerance of physical intimidation of women. Again, I'll ask you the question. If the victim was your daughter or sister, what would be your stance on this situation? If you don't respond clearly to that, I'll know what the answer is...

This isn't about "completing tasks". This is about IU's tolerance of physical intimidation of women. Again, I'll ask you the question. If the victim was your daughter or sister, what would be your stance on this situation? If you don't respond clearly to that, I'll know what the answer is...

I have two daughters and four sisters. My wife was a prominent trial attorney who prosecuted cases like this for many years before she retired. I can separate my emotions while also understanding what due process entails. If that makes me a bad person, sue me.

If this ever happened to one of my daughters, I’d sure as hell would want the law enforcement agencies handling the matter, not a university panel, Title IX coordinator or god forbid a football coach weighing in on the matter. But that’s just me.

Title IX lawsuit? For what? Do you even know Title IX works?
Ya I do and obviously you don’t. Like I said if this is how IU is handling cases of male athletes against women they are in line for a big lawsuit. You should be embarrassed that you are defending the lack of ANY real punishment from the IU football program. Again if you were ever a HS coach you know that your player would be missing a minimum of 1/4 to 1/2 a season if he were in HS when this happened. At IU =0

Reactions: Inspector100
Everyone is beating a dead horse here, but it's heartwarming to see an IU thread consistently at the top of the Purdue board. :rolleyes:

On a personal note, I'm disappointed that Hendershot didn't miss game time. I really am. And I'm disappointed in Coach Allen for, in my estimation, not leaving up to the LEO concept which I understand to include accountability to your teammates for putting yourself in a negative situation. We've all seen the news reports and how the case resolved. I don't think any of us know enough of the facts to say exactly what happened, but it's certainly not "nothing" but it also doesn't appear to be the "he choked the hell out of her" that is being implied here.

And I'll also go back to my glass houses post from a ways back on the issue before everyone puts on their most chivalrous "here we know how to treat women" hat. There is currently litigation pending against Purdue over what's being alleged to be a policy (at least informal) where Purdue athletes get the perk of being treated for STDs without being formally tested for them so as to give the athletes plausible deniability when they infect a partner because they were never "formally tested." Is that as bad as domestic violence? Individually, I'd say no. But it's a hell of a way to treat the female student population (or male for that matter). And it's a bad look. But no one is burning their season tickets in protest.

Ya I do and obviously you don’t. Like I said if this is how IU is handling cases of male athletes against women they are in line for a big lawsuit. You should be embarrassed that you are defending the lack of ANY real punishment from the IU football program. Again if you were ever a HS coach you know that your player would be missing a minimum of 1/4 to 1/2 a season if he were in HS when this happened. At IU =0

I will assure you that if this happened during or before the start of the season, Hendershot would have missed multiple, if not the entire season while the legal process played out, as it should be. Don’t let the timing or the unique late start of the football season tell you otherwise. An IU panel a year earlier dismissed arguably their best player (Morgan Ellison) over a sexual assault allegation that was later thrown out by the courts due to insufficient evidence. So don’t try and tell me IU doesn’t take these types of allegations seriously. Fact of the matter, is that Indiana, along with every other university, isn’t equipped to handle these types of cases.

The reason you’re seeing widespread failure among universities into these types of cases is because universities insist on making it a university matter and not a criminal matter. These cases should ALWAYS be handled by law enforcement. Always, always, always.

Everyone is beating a dead horse here, but it's heartwarming to see an IU thread consistently at the top of the Purdue board. :rolleyes:
Which you wouldn't even know existed if you weren't here obsessing about us and needing our approval in the first place. Not sure why that is so hard for you Iu fans to grasp.

Reactions: Riveting
I will assure you that if this happened during or before the start of the season, Hendershot would have missed multiple, if not the entire season while the legal process played out, as it should be. Don’t let the timing or the unique late start of the football season tell you otherwise. An IU panel a year earlier dismissed arguably their best player (Morgan Ellison) over a sexual assault allegation that was later thrown out by the courts due to insufficient evidence. So don’t try and tell me IU doesn’t take these types of allegations seriously. Fact of the matter, is that Indiana, along with every other university, isn’t equipped to handle these types of cases.

The reason you’re seeing widespread failure among universities into these types of cases is because universities insist on making it a university matter and not a criminal matter. These cases should ALWAYS be handled by law enforcement. Always, always, always.
Again this is the last time I’m going to say this , because you refuse to admit IU and Coach Allen are wrong. You claim to have been a HS coach. If you were then you know it doesn’t matter when a kid gets in trouble. In HS he would miss 1/4 to 1/2 of his games in his next athletic season. And it was handled by law enforcement. He was prosecuted , pleaded GUILTY and received 0 in season punishment from the IU football program. Not my opinion those are facts.

So in summary commit/ prosecuted for this crime @
@ Any Indiana HS = suspended for 1/4 to 1/2 of the season
@ IU = No Games missed

Again this is the last time I’m going to say this , because you refuse to admit IU and Coach Allen are wrong. You claim to have been a HS coach. If you were then you know it doesn’t matter when a kid gets in trouble. In HS he would miss 1/4 to 1/2 of his games in his next athletic season. And it was handled by law enforcement. He was prosecuted , pleaded GUILTY and received 0 in season punishment from the IU football program. Not my opinion those are facts.

So in summary commit/ prosecuted for this crime @
@ Any Indiana HS = suspended for 1/4 to 1/2 of the season
@ IU = No Games missed

High schools and colleges operate under two different sets of rules. One is a minor and the other a legal adult. Apples to oranges and a rather dumb comparison.

Next?

Which you wouldn't even know existed if you weren't here obsessing about us and needing our approval in the first place. Not sure why that is so hard for you Iu fans to grasp.
I'm also an alum bud. And I have no ill will for Purdue 365 days a year. I actually don't want them to lose 364 days a year. It's college sports. It's not that serious. I wholeheartedly believe that anyone that takes the effort it takes to actually hate a school of higher education and/or its students is just a d-bag with a sad amount of perspective in life.

I come here because I enjoy college football very much and why not? I've never bashed Purdue as an institution or the Boilers as a team. But be a little introspective and compare the ratio of IU threads here & PU threads over there and get a grip on obsession.

So, with all due respect.....blow me.

I have two daughters and four sisters. My wife was a prominent trial attorney who prosecuted cases like this for many years before she retired. I can separate my emotions while also understanding what due process entails. If that makes me a bad person, sue me.

If this ever happened to one of my daughters, I’d sure as hell would want the law enforcement agencies handling the matter, not a university panel, Title IX coordinator or god forbid a football coach weighing in on the matter. But that’s just me.
If this were my daughter, I'd want law enforcement AND the university handling this issue. If it were my daughter I'd fight until this @sshole was either in jail or a civil suit was won. The fact that you feel OK about this guy playing football right now tells me everything I need to know about you.

I'm also an alum bud. And I have no ill will for Purdue 365 days a year. I actually don't want them to lose 364 days a year. It's college sports. It's not that serious. I wholeheartedly believe that anyone that takes the effort it takes to actually hate a school of higher education and/or its students is just a d-bag with a sad amount of perspective in life.

I come here because I enjoy college football very much and why not? I've never bashed Purdue as an institution or the Boilers as a team. But be a little introspective and compare the ratio of IU threads here & PU threads over there and get a grip on obsession.

Level42’s Napoleon complex is off the chart high. Take that into consideration next time you respond to him.

The obsession is real. That aside, I don't hate Iu or anyone for that matter. I just find it odd you Iu people spend so much time on a rival website longing for us to accept you. I mean we already know coach geez is about as insecure as it gets when it comes to that, but I guess I didn't realize how deep that mentality ran. Now I know.

Reactions: Inspector100
If this were my daughter, I'd want law enforcement AND the university handling this issue. If it were my daughter I'd fight until this @sshole was either in jail or a civil suit was won. The fact that you feel OK about this guy playing football right now tells me everything I need to know about you.

What you or I feel is irrelevant in this case. It’s why due process is granted. I’m smart enough to know what’s alleged in a police report isn’t always the way it happened. I’m confident that the actual findings into the police investigation and the DA’s recommendations were used in IU’s punishment for Hendershot. You nor I have the slightest clue in that regard.

That's so hysterically ironic coming from you and your dire need of our approval here. The tantrums you have thrown because we don't feed your need have been almost legendary.

Just like your ability to stay out of another IU thread on a Purdue forum. Hook, line, sinker.....Bait.

On a personal note, I'm disappointed that Hendershot didn't miss game time. I really am. And I'm disappointed in Coach Allen for, in my estimation, not leaving up to the LEO concept which I understand to include accountability to your teammates for putting yourself in a negative situation. We've all seen the news reports and how the case resolved. I don't think any of us know enough of the facts to say exactly what happened, but it's certainly not "nothing" but it also doesn't appear to be the "he choked the hell out of her" that is being implied here.

And I'll also go back to my glass houses post from a ways back on the issue before everyone puts on their most chivalrous "here we know how to treat women" hat. There is currently litigation pending against Purdue over what's being alleged to be a policy (at least informal) where Purdue athletes get the perk of being treated for STDs without being formally tested for them so as to give the athletes plausible deniability when they infect a partner because they were never "formally tested." Is that as bad as domestic violence? Individually, I'd say no. But it's a hell of a way to treat the female student population (or male for that matter). And it's a bad look. But no one is burning their season tickets in protest.

Good grief. It was bumped by IU clowns who are obsessed with what's posted on a Purdue forum.

What you or I feel is irrelevant in this case. It’s why due process is granted. I’m smart enough to know what’s alleged in a police report isn’t always the way it happened. I’m confident that the actual findings into the police investigation and the DA’s recommendations were used in IU’s punishment for Hendershot. You nor I have the slightest clue in that regard.
Yes, because DA's never plead down a case even though the suspect is guilty...

Yes, because DA's never plead down a case even though the suspect is guilty...

DA’s bring forth charges in cases they believe they can win. They aren’t going to bring a case to trial with insufficient evidence/uncooperative witnesses. Read an effing text book.

DA’s bring forth charges in cases they believe they can win. They aren’t going to bring a case to trial with insufficient evidence/uncooperative witnesses. Read an effing text book.
Think there was an uncooperative witness in this case, Coach Geese? Someone who may have been intimidated and afraid for her safety? Ask the prominent trial attorney Mrs. Geese how often that happens in plead downs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT