ADVERTISEMENT

IU could go 2-6 given their schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodsa

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 18, 2004
Outside of Rutgers and Maryland, not sure who else they can beat. PSU, OSU, UM, UW, and MSU are a no as they are not at that level.

I don't see them beating Purdue team with a semi healthy roster.

That leaves Rutgers and Maryland as potential wins. Good news for the Hoosiers is they will likely play in the B10 champions series this year.

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1
Outside of Rutgers and Maryland, not sure who else they can beat. PSU, OSU, UM, UW, and MSU are a no as they are not at that level.

That leaves Rutgers and Maryland as potential wins. Good news for the Hoosiers is they will likely play in the B10 champions series this year.

Seriously? Michigan State is not going to be very good this year. They are a bit of a train wreck. And Purdue, well it all is going to depend on the OL. Has it improved?

By the way, I am just desperate to talk a little football with IU's biggest rival. I've missed it and I know y'all have as well.

A few notes...

Rutgers and Maryland are not "gimmes".

IU has one win in 30 years against the likes of PSU, OSU and UM. No reason to think that's going to change in 2020.

UW... highly unlikely. Put them in the category of PSU, OSU, and UM. That's 4 losses.

MSU... IU better not be banking on a win against them.

Bucket game... wow.

So... Rutgers, Maryland, MSU and Purdue are "in play" for IU.

I doubt the odds are very high they'll run the table against that group.

Reactions: RRanney1
IU's coach struggles to beat Brohm. Even in a year in which the Purdue roster is devastated.

You're not doing too well in this thread.

Oh, I'm doing just fine thanks. But IU did beat Purdue and that is all that matters.

It's interesting that y'all use the devastating injuries excuse (and it's true), but yet are quick to call out IU any time the B10 East opponents are brought up.

Oh, I'm doing just fine thanks. But IU did beat Purdue and that is all that matters.

It's interesting that y'all use the devastating injuries excuse (and it's true), but yet are quick to call out IU any time the B10 East opponents are brought up.

No, not in this thread, you're not "doing just fine".

Yes, Purdue lost in double OT... as I wrote.

No, nobody is "(using) the devastating injuries excuse"... just noting the obvious.

No, nobody is "quick to call out IU any time the B10 East opponents are brought up".

You're too thin-skinned.

No, not in this thread, you're not "doing just fine".

Yes, Purdue lost in double OT... as I wrote.

No, nobody is "(using) the devastating injuries excuse"... just noting the obvious.

No, nobody is "quick to call out IU any time the B10 East opponents are brought up".

You're too thin-skinned.
He really is. He needs to wear an extra pair of clown pants.

Seriously? Michigan State is not going to be very good this year. They are a bit of a train wreck. And Purdue, well it all is going to depend on the OL. Has it improved?

By the way, I am just desperate to talk a little football with IU's biggest rival. I've missed it and I know y'all have as well.

The same OL that improved over the season and made Zander Horvath look like Jonathan Taylor to the tune of 23/164/2TD?😁.....If Purdue loses to IU this year it is because the D still stinks, but a new DC brings some optimism.

The same OL that improved over the season and made Zander Horvath look like Jonathan Taylor to the tune of 23/164/2TD?😁.....If Purdue loses to IU this year it is because the D still stinks, but a new DC brings some optimism.

The D won't "stink".

Any IU clown thinking the Purdue game is "in the bag" is delusional.

IU has a shot at 4 games, at most. To think otherwise is absurd.

COULD they pull off a once-in-a-lifetime win vs OSU, UM, PSU or UW? Sure. Not likely, but possible.

A win against Purdue is going to be tough. That leaves wins against programs they've taken for granted. Those can bite you on the @ss.

I still say, IU has 1-3 wins this coming season.

But, hey... I've been wrong before. (I'm married... my wife reminds me from time to time! :cool: )

Reactions: Roeder
The D won't "stink".

COULD they pull off a once-in-a-lifetime win vs OSU, UM, PSU or UW? Sure. Not likely, but possible.

A win against Purdue is going to be tough. That leaves wins against programs they've taken for granted. Those can bite you on the @ss.

But, hey... I've been wrong before. (I'm married... my wife reminds me from time to time! :cool: )

Horvath's success had nothing to do with the OL. It did have everything to do with Brohm's good game planning. He owned IU, but yet IU still got the W.

The D won't "stink".

Never said an IU win was in the bag.

Never said the Purdue D would stink.

Once in a lifetime - really?

A win against Prude is always tough. On that, I will agree.

Maybe not “once in a lifetime” but when you’ve gone 30 years since beating OSU and Michigan and have only beaten PSU one time, I’ll take a wait and see approach.

Reactions: Purdue85
No Allen decided it was just another version of his Love EveryOne philosophy so all is forgiven.
No way, Allen wouldn't do that. He is a far too upstanding a leader to put winning above all else. He has the highest principles.

Maybe IUdog can comment.

No way, Allen wouldn't do that. He is a far too upstanding a leader to put winning above all else. He has the highest principles.

Maybe IUdog can comment.
I don't think there's been any announcement on Hendershot & what, if any, suspension he might face for the trouble he got into. I DO expect some suspension and would frankly be disappointed if there is none.

But we're all living in glass houses here. How many games was Selwyn Lymon suspended for after getting into a fight at 2:00AM outside a bar (while underage) and getting himself stabbed?

I don't think there's been any announcement on Hendershot & what, if any, suspension he might face for the trouble he got into. I DO expect some suspension and would frankly be disappointed if there is none.

But we're all living in glass houses here. How many games was Selwyn Lymon suspended for after getting into a fight at 2:00AM outside a bar (while underage) and getting himself stabbed?

Lymon? You’re going back 3 coaches to try to prove a point?

Reactions: Roeder
Lymon? You’re going back 3 coaches to try to prove a point?
My bad, I didn't know the statute of limitations on maintaining the moral high ground. But the answer was 0 games.

How many times did Dwayne Beckford get arrested before being dismissed from the team? The answer is 4 in one year (2012)

Or the civil suit RE: Haas and the alleged role the athletic program played in keeping his situation under wraps.

Like I said, I'll be disappointed if Hendershot doesn't face a game(s) suspension, but let's not pretend that every school doesn't have it's share of problems that get swept, more or less, under the rug.

My bad, I didn't know the statute of limitations on maintaining the moral high ground. But the answer was 0 games.

How many times did Dwayne Beckford get arrested before being dismissed from the team? The answer is 4 in one year (2012)

Or the civil suit RE: Haas and the alleged role the athletic program played in keeping his situation under wraps.

Like I said, I'll be disappointed if Hendershot doesn't face a game(s) suspension, but let's not pretend that every school doesn't have it's share of problems that get swept, more or less, under the rug.
Keep trying, it is entertaining.

Didn't Hendershot choke a woman in a psychopathic rage?

Lol at thinking the AD knew anything about Haas.

goodness, you're having WAY too much difficulty in this thread.

I never said you claimed the D would stink. I replied to another poster who made that post.

Once in a lifetime... wow... if you want to argue one win in 30 years vs 3 opponents doesn't fit that description, you're a piece of work.

Goodness, brother... you're making this too difficult.

nobody is living in any glass house.

It's perfectly acceptable to comment on Hendershot. To suggest otherwise makes no sense.

Reactions: RRanney1

Rational people can discuss current events as they relate to another program.

Trying to silence any such conversation is completely irrational.

Rational people can discuss current events as they relate to another program.

Trying to silence any such conversation is completely irrational.
Man, I'm not trying to say it cannot be discussed. And I can't say this enough, I THINK HE SHOULD BE SUSPENDED.

The glass houses part is the insinuation that this is some sort of thing systemic to IU and not that every school, at one time or another, has & will have issues with their players effing up huge. Criticizing IU for not taking a stronger stance is completely fair in my estimation, but I believe that rational people should maintain perspective before words come back to bite them in the future.

Man, I'm not trying to say it cannot be discussed. And I can't say this enough, I THINK HE SHOULD BE SUSPENDED.

The glass houses part is the insinuation that this is some sort of thing systemic to IU and not that every school, at one time or another, has & will have issues with their players effing up huge. Criticizing IU for not taking a stronger stance is completely fair in my estimation, but I believe that rational people should maintain perspective before words come back to bite them in the future.

I'd be curious to see where that's been posted.

Here, "insinuation" looks like the equivalent to a straw man argument.

I'd be curious to see where that's been posted.

Here, "insinuation" looks like the equivalent to a straw man argument.
"Allen decided it was just another version of his Love EveryOne philosophy so all is forgiven."

"No way, Allen wouldn't do that. He is a far too upstanding a leader to put winning above all else. He has the highest principles."

That's what I was referring to. I could be overanalyzing or hypersensitive.

"Allen decided it was just another version of his Love EveryOne philosophy so all is forgiven."

"No way, Allen wouldn't do that. He is a far too upstanding a leader to put winning above all else. He has the highest principles."

So please let us know what his punishment was. He put his hands around the throat of a women. Should never be acceptable !! I would be very confident that if this happens at Purdue under Brohm he would handle this the proper way. No excuse at all to EVER put your hands on a women out of anger.
This isn’t just boys being boys like fighting in a bar , underage drinking , or even smoking pot. So please save your glass house reference. This was a huge man that couldn’t control himself and physically assaulted a Girl.

I think that's the case.

One program's fan base is going to go after another, when something like this happens. Especially a rival.

I think you're over-thinking this.

Reactions: TMFT
Oh c'mon. It's Purdue, but only because Alabama refuses to schedule IU.

6-4 IU the last ten meetings. Thanks DH.
Here we go again. Need we have to remind you what the Purdue/IU series record is? Read 'em and weep, Loosiers. We own you......
Overall
Purdue 74
IU 42
Tie 6

Old Oaken Bucket
Purdue 60
IU 32
Tie 3

Maybe IUdog can comment.

Coach Allen is a very principled human being. I trust him to do the right thing.

Purdue finished last in rush offense last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT