ADVERTISEMENT

IU could go 2-6 given their schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
IU is a 20 1/2 point dog. 😂. I guess Vegas (and anyone with eyes) doesn’t see them as the 9th best team in the country. Have never seen a line like that with #3 vs #9.
Earlier in the season Alabama was #2 hosting #13 Texas A&M and the spread was 18. The difference between the top few teams and the rest of CFB is enormous.

Earlier in the season Alabama was #2 hosting #13 Texas A&M and the spread was 18. The difference between the top few teams and the rest of CFB is enormous.

And Texas A&M is a TON more talented than this IU team to the point it’s not comparable.

OhMyGoodness

I understand your point, but...

OSU and 'Bama are comparable.
p
IU is not comparable to Texas A&M.

Not really.

Think all it’s saying is that there’s 3-4 elite teams in college football and then there’s a huge drop off from everybody else. A&M being an 18 PT underdog despite having a top 10 aggregate recruiting ranking the last 4 years parallel that sentiment. IU only has a handful of 4* players on their entire roster and is getting a similar line as TAMU.

Not really.

Think all it’s saying is that there’s 3-4 elite teams in college football and then there’s a huge drop off from everybody else. A&M being an 18 PT underdog despite having a top 10 aggregate recruiting ranking the last 4 years parallel that sentiment. IU only has a handful of 4* players on their entire roster and is getting a similar line as TAMU.

I know "all that it's saying", since I wrote, "I understand your point, but...", which means, I understand the point and I understand "all that it's saying".

IU is not Texas A&M.

good lord.

Just cleaning up the mess on your laughable prediction. 2-6??? Lol
My prediction was based on the expectation that no coach of even average morality would allow a guy who choked a woman to continue to be on a team, let alone miss no games --- all while that coach talks about loving each other.

Reactions: JRowdy20
My prediction was based on the expectation that no coach of even average morality would allow a guy who choked a woman to continue to be on a team, let alone miss no games --- all while that coach talks about loving each other.

Yeah because Peyton Hendershot and his 14 catches for all of 88 yards is the reason why IU is 4-0. He might have more drops than catches this year.

What a donkey you are.

Indiana is having a wonderful season and has the pieces to continue that ride. They probably won't beat Ohio State, but there's still plenty of winnable games on the schedule.

With the momentum Indiana has captured and with the pieces that are coming back next year, Indiana will be a force to be reckoned with. This is certainly the best shape our program has been in since the Mallory years. I think Allen could eclipse the Mallory years and I think he will.....

Yeah because Peyton Hendershot and his 14 catches for all of 88 yards is the reason why IU is 4-0. He might have more drops than catches this year.

What a donkey you are.
No MSU, Michigan and PSU having historically bad seasons at the same time is why IU is 4-0
And just a note / fact below

Under IU/ Allen - a player breaks in grabs a girl by the throat , pushes her against the the wall while still having his hands on her throat , arrested and pleads to a lesser charge. He misses 0 games.

Under Purdue /Brohm - player gets arrested for marijuana possession ( which is legal in many states , but not Indiana) kid is suspended and still has yet to dress for a game

Enough said !!!

#LEO. - except for women

No MSU, Michigan and PSU having historically bad seasons at the same time is why IU is 4-0

Under IU/ Allen - a player breaks in grabs a girl by the throat , pushes her against the the wall while still having his hands on her throat , arrested and pleads to a lesser charge. He misses 0 games.

Under Purdue /Brohm - player gets arrested for marijuana possession ( which is legal in many states , but not Indiana) kid is suspended and still has yet to dress for a game

Enough said !!!

#LEO. - except for women

This whole thread was premised on the idea that IU would be lucky to go 2-6 this year. So now that IU sits at 4-0 and is ranked in the top 10, I guess you have to change the subject. If it makes you feel better to decide you know enough to judge the character of the two coaches, have at it.

This whole thread was premised on the idea that IU would be lucky to go 2-6 this year. So now that IU sits at 4-0 and is ranked in the top 10, I guess you have to change the subject. If it makes you feel better to decide you know enough to judge the character of the two coaches, have at it.
Will do and facts are facts. Don’t need to judge just state the facts. Where were my facts wrong? And by the way this was an old thread brought back up by an IU fan. GBI has repeatedly asked that old threads not be brought back. If you IU guys want to come here and bother us at least follow the rules.

Reactions: Riveting

Enough said !!!

#LEO. - except for women

Peyton Hendershot was arrested, charged, and went through the legal process. He was suspended indefinitely and was away from the team for several months while his case played out in a court of law. He was given certain requirements he needed to meet before he was allowed to rejoin the team. He completed his tasks and was allowed to rejoin the team.

Your player was caught with an ounce of weed as an 18 year old (illegal in ALL states as someone under the age of 21 is not allowed to purchase or possess marijuana) the NIGHT before a game. I’m willing to bet substantial money that had your player been busted nearly a year before the start of the season he’s likely suspended indefinitely (like Hendershot) without further punishment while his case plays out.

Don’t compare the two.

That being said, IU is not 4-0 because Hendershot wasn’t suspended.

My G_D the stupidity hurts.

Could... COULD... COULD go 2-6.

WTF? Are all IU fans as abundantly stupid as this?

What the holy hell.

I have never, EVER seen a fan base so obsessed... so adamant as to demand validation. My G_D you people are insane.

Peyton Hendershot was arrested, charged, and went through the legal process. He was suspended indefinitely and was away from the team for several months while his case played out in a court of law. He was given certain requirements he needed to meet before he was allowed to rejoin the team. He completed his tasks and was allowed to rejoin the team.

Your player was caught with an ounce of weed as an 18 year old (illegal in ALL states as someone under the age of 21 is not allowed to purchase or possess marijuana) the NIGHT before a game. I’m willing to bet substantial money that had your player been busted nearly a year before the start of the season he’s likely suspended indefinitely (like Hendershot) without further punishment while his case plays out.

Don’t compare the two.

You’re right don’t ever compare the 2!! One is self destructive the other is a violent crime against a women. And statistics show it probably wasn’t his 1st time. Just the 1st time he was caught. He missed 0 playing time, Not even a quarter. Kids go to college and do stupid things. Smacking a girl around isn’t and shouldn’t be considered one of those. Would you have a different opinion of this if there was video , because I wouldn’t.

Again IU is 4-0 , because 3 of their victories are against teams that are having historically bad seasons.

Don’t compare the two.

Are you really going trying to say marijuana possession is a larger issue than domestic violence? Seriously? There is no way you can justify Allen's acceptance of Hendershot back on the team. It should be a zero tolerance behavior and he shouldn't even be allowed to be a student at IU. For all of IU's liberal ideologies, I would have thought the equality of women and a zero tolerance policy toward violence against them would be a no brainer. But I guess it's not important, huh? What would you say if the victim was your sister or daughter. I know what I would say regardless of where he went to school or what his value is to a team.

Thanks for the laugh
He legitimately said, last week after IU started 4-0, that this prediction was “spot-on” 😂 can’t make this stuff up. He will never, ever admit he is wrong. Just wait for his response to this. He will move the goalposts.

Indiana is having a wonderful season and has the pieces to continue that ride. They probably won't beat Ohio State, but there's still plenty of winnable games on the schedule.

With the momentum Indiana has captured and with the pieces that are coming back next year, Indiana will be a force to be reckoned with. This is certainly the best shape our program has been in since the Mallory years. I think Allen could eclipse the Mallory years and I think he will.....

I’ll give you guys props this year but you’re still way off on thinking Purdue is still being impacted by the bowl game loss against Auburn.

I believe the thread was premised on the idea that the schedule was going to be murderers row. See, it's right there in the title.. "given their schedule". The timing of the post - 2 days after release of the revised schedule - also indicates that was the focus. A decently ok team going up against a difficult schedule = losing record. But now Michigan and Penn St are making national headlines because of how unexpectedly bad they are. And while most people did not expect much from MSU (that's where I differed from the OP), nobody saw them being a team that loses to Iowa by 6 touchdowns. Sort of changes the premise entirely.

I’ll give you guys props this year but you’re still way off on thinking Purdue is still being impacted by the bowl game loss against Auburn.

I agree with this. Purdue's relative struggles the last two years have nothing to do with Auburn. They're much more about inconsistent QB play, lack of a consistent running game, injuries to important players, and depth and talent deficiencies on the O line and as well as some other spots.

I agree with this. Purdue's relative struggles the last two years have nothing to do with Auburn. They're much more about inconsistent QB play, lack of a consistent running game, injuries to important players, and depth and talent deficiencies on the O line and as well as some other spots.

O-line is much improved this year but unfortunately we lost a key piece (Cam Craig) due to injury.

He legitimately said, last week after IU started 4-0, that this prediction was “spot-on” 😂 can’t make this stuff up. He will never, ever admit he is wrong. Just wait for his response to this. He will move the goalposts.

Goodness, you clowns are obtuse. 🤡

Talk about moving goalposts.

This thread was always about possible outcomes, not predictions. My comments were absolutely spot-on. THIRTY YEARS without a win against UM and OSU, and only ONE WIN against PSU.

And it's taken unexpectedly bad seasons from both for IU to get wins.

THIRTY YEARS!

LOL! And you clowns predicted it. 🤣

You so desperately crave my approval and validation. Get over it. Grow some thicker skin.

Reactions: Riveting and BBG
Are you really going trying to say marijuana possession is a larger issue than domestic violence? Seriously? There is no way you can justify Allen's acceptance of Hendershot back on the team. It should be a zero tolerance behavior and he shouldn't even be allowed to be a student at IU. For all of IU's liberal ideologies, I would have thought the equality of women and a zero tolerance policy toward violence against them would be a no brainer. But I guess it's not important, huh? What would you say if the victim was your sister or daughter. I know what I would say regardless of where he went to school or what his value is to a team.
And Coach Geezie (@Coach Geez ) still won't answer the question about domestic violence and whether he supports it or not. Is it zero tolerance, or is it only partial tolerance when you're a football player?

Reactions: JRowdy20 and BBG

Disregarding injuries, 2019 was the worst line and QB play since Jeff Brohm came to Purdue. Just looking at that it comes as no surprise it was his worst record here.

In the same vein, IU has had decent (worse this year than last, IMO) OL and solid+ QB play 2019 and 2020. Hence 12 wins in the last 1.5 years.

And Coach Geezie (@Coach Geez ) still won't answer the question about domestic violence and whether he supports it or not. Is it zero tolerance, or is it only partial tolerance when you're a football player?

Asking if I support domestic violence or not is the reason you haven’t gotten an answer. It’s the single dumbest question I’ve ever been asked and I taught high-schoolers for more than 30 years.

Asking if I support domestic violence or not is the reason you haven’t gotten an answer. It’s the single dumbest question I’ve ever been asked and I taught high-schoolers for more than 30 years.
Coach Geese is part of a southern Indiana water bird family that includes ducks, so it is natural for him to duck the question.

Some more interesting facts about Coach Geese:

"A hungry goose can consume up to 4 pounds of grass every day. This leads to high amounts of poop. Geese can poop as much as once every 12 minutes. Because they poop this often, they can leave up to 2 pounds of poop each day!"

Unfortunately for us, he drops a lot of it on this forum instead of saving it all for Memorial Stadium.

What does Vegas know? Two years ago they had Purdue a 14 point fav. against E. Mich at home. We all know how that turned out. Their not always right.
-20.5 dog. Ya they’re really the number 9 team in the country. Laughable. Actually pretty embarrassing !!!

Reactions: Purdue85
Goodness, you clowns are obtuse. 🤡

Talk about moving goalposts.

This thread was always about possible outcomes, not predictions. My comments were absolutely spot-on. THIRTY YEARS without a win against UM and OSU, and only ONE WIN against PSU.

And it's taken unexpectedly bad seasons from both for IU to get wins.

THIRTY YEARS!

LOL! And you clowns predicted it. 🤣

You so desperately crave my approval and validation. Get over it. Grow some thicker skin.
That is why they wear clown pants. However, I am thinking they need a change from clownpantsnation to the more upbeat "geesepoopnation" in honor of Coach Geese and Memorial Stadium. What do you think?

Since they need a mascot, it could be a cartoon goose that is wearing little clown plants with a strategic opening in the back - and a little cap that says "Coach".

A motto banner could read, Love Each Other* (the asterisk denoting there are some exceptions related to criminal conduct, without going into the details).

Any artists on this board who could work up a prototype? If so, I want to stake a copyright/trademark claim because I think this could really fly.

So then why do you support Hendershot being back on the team?

So then why do you support Hendershot being back on the team?

Because I believe in due process and second chances. This wasn’t something swept under the rug by the university and in fact had nothing to do with the university in the first place. This was a legal matter and handled in a court of law as should all sexual and domestic assault claims.

Reactions: Crockhead
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT