ADVERTISEMENT

I'm pretty confident today

GemstateBoiler

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 17, 2006
I think we take it to them, but I'm waiting for someone like Hauser to all of a sudden get hot, even though he has sucked lately. We have a way of bringing a good game out of some 25% shooter. We shall still overcome. Go Boilers!

I think we take it to them, but I'm waiting for someone like Hauser to all of a sudden get hot, even though he has sucked lately. We have a way of bringing a good game out of some 25% shooter. We shall still overcome. Go Boilers!
Our help defense will leave guys like Hauser wide open. Hopefully he doesn't start knocking them down...

Reactions: GemstateBoiler
I think we will need best effort on boards and getting back on defense and playing good solid D. And of course need 36%+ shooting from 3.

I hope you guys are right. I'm never confident when Purdue plays M$U. But then, I live five miles from East Lansing.

Definitely some bad calls and combine that with 1 for 9 from 3- point range and it isn't going to be enough. Unfortunately, we made at least 2 or 3, 3-pointers that did not count because of a whistle or foul that happened before the shot. Bummer. An outright title would have been nice, but not likely now. Of course, if we don't win Tuesday, then there won't even be a shared title.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Definitely some bad calls and combine that with 1 for 9 from 3- point range and it isn't going to be enough. Unfortunately, we made at least 2 or 3, 3-pointers that did not count because of a whistle or foul that happened before the shot. Bummer. An outright title would have been nice, but not likely now. Of course, if we don't win Tuesday, then there won't even be a shared title.
Everyone was saying they'd rather have tourney success than a B1G title... That can still happen :D (although they need to play their best for it)

Thought the total opposite as they needed a win and will be hungry. I could be wrong, but like our chances to win out. Win out and we're still good.

Thought the total opposite as they needed a win and will be hungry. I could be wrong, but like our chances to win out. Win out and we're still good.

You would hope they would bounce back.....have done that well for the most part, but at this point, I don't know what to expect.....it will take a lot of discipline and poise to come out of Madison with a win Tuesday night.

Reactions: Poprudy
Just disappointed with today's outcome. I think Gillis shoots better from the top of the arc or close; not the corner. Although he can hit from the corner, it is not his best location. Just seemed he never got on track today. I can almost watch the first 5 minutes of a road game and know if we are going to win it. Wish Williams had covered Walker a little closer on that last shot. Closer enough to actually maybe get a block instead of how he got it off almost unchallenged. Hopefully we will play with more energy and play more fearless on Tuesday!

Me too since I put in print I felt confident today. I won't do that sh-- again. Onward!
Eh, I was there with you going into it...liked their chances for sure...not a good MSU team...a MSU team that is largely horrible offensively...Purdue coming off of a week of rest and time to prepare...Purdue with SO much to play for...I felt confident as well...a lifetime of being a Purdue fan, I should have known better...I admittedly am far more cautiously optimistic than outright optimistic any more, and, that won't be changing.

Tuesday becomes incredibly important now...admittedly, I don't feel near as good about that one as Wisconsin is much better than MSU, and, will be playing for a lot as well...and, this team is just not real good in true road games unfortunately.

Purdue went from an outside chance of playing for a 1-seed to having to win on Tuesday night to keep from dropping potentially to a 3-seed, which, would really suck after having been in the position that they have for the course of the year.

who knew Doogie Houser would score so much. I watched them like 4 other times and he did absolutely nothing
A product of Purdue's defense...I mean, that same statement is made after every game to some extent, and, definitely after every loss. Phinisee lit Purdue up...so did Harper first time that they played...Davis was to be expected I guess...everybody from UM lit them up.

Sucker...you should know better!!
I know…..was thinking SS was gonna go off for about 8 3’s. As it turned out, he saves a loose ball directly to a MSU player who drains a 3. Knew it wasn’t our day when that happened.

Reactions: DAG10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT