ADVERTISEMENT

I FEEL SORRY FOR THE PLAYERS!

Oct 30, 2010
I truly feel sorry for the players. They know the plays being called are going nowhere! The defenses know Purdue's first 2 play will be plunges into the line, so they stack the box and stop them cold for 2 plays and then bring pressure or blitz on third down, so the quarterback has little chance. I saw a 6th grade game today, where the play calling was more imaginative than what I saw from Purdue!

Reactions: Redhotfill
I truly feel sorry for the players. They know the plays being called are going nowhere! The defenses know Purdue's first 2 play will be plunges into the line, so they stack the box and stop them cold for 2 plays and then bring pressure or blitz on third down, so the quarterback has little chance. I saw a 6th grade game today, where the play calling was more imaginative than what I saw from Purdue!

I get what you're saying, and this will sound harsher than it's meant, but...

1. I wouldn't say our players over the last few years have busted their asses.

2. I would say that about half of our team is lucky to be playing in the Big Ten.

3. I would say because many of them are "in over their heads", it'd be hard for them to be successful under many coaching staffs.

4. Almost all of these players chose to play for these coaches. We've had very little coaching turnover, so it's not like all these recruits came to play under "X's" system and he's not. They all were recruited to play for this head coach, the offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator.

I don't feel sorry for any of them except Blough, Anthrop and a few others on offense. No pity for the boys and I mean LITTLE boys that played on defense today. Special teams are truly horrific as well.

Reactions: Redhotfill
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT