ADVERTISEMENT

You be the coach

MichaelRR

Redshirt Freshman
Mar 17, 2022
Lots of people talking about this player or that should get more minutes. but no one wants to point at someone getting minutes and say, they need to lose some. So I am going to start and list who I think should start and play and who should get how many minutes off the bench:

Center Woltman we need the rebounding and defensive presence she provides and that Harper is lacking.
PF Harper let her play out in space a little and get her more looks from 3, she can hit them. Playing her in the blocks limits her strengths and exposes her weaknesses
SF Layden
SG Smith but she only gets to take 2 threes a game, if she hits those she can take more. She shoots an atrocious 28% from 3 but 53% inside the arc.... Coach needs to step and and give her boundaries on her shot selection
PG Terry She is this teams MVP in my mind

Off the bench:
Learn backs up both Woltman and Harper, Woltman gets 20-30 minutes a night depending on foul issues, same for Learn, and Harper gets 30 minutes per game. Stoddard in emergencies, no one else plays in the post but those 4.

Petree backs up Layden. they never see the floor at the same time, and when she is in, let Petree chase her shot all she wants, run the offense through her.

Ellis backs up both guards and gets 20-30 minutes,preferably 30 each game.

Hardin only comes in as a situational play and zone buster, most games she doesn't play.

Sorry, the frosh don't play unless they can replace one of the 8 players in the rotation for the full amount of minutes and productivity.

Reactions: DocRon
Hmmm. Interesting. Has merit. I would start Ellis and bring Smith off the bench. JT absolutely at PG.
Also like RW and Harper in together.

Petree is a conundrum for me - she is skilled, and quicker than almost everyone else on the team. Not afraid to shoot, or take over when needed but sometimes shoots too much? I hope I’m wrong but I wonder if there are some minor chemistry issues with her addition to this year’s team. Just a gut feeling I’ve had for a couple weeks after seeing “disconnected” play the last 2-3 games.

I am a huge Ava Learn fan - energizer bunny that one! Quick as heck, fearless, good BB IQ…. She’d be in early and often for me. 😎

ADVERTISEMENT