ADVERTISEMENT

How to Watch & Game Thread: Illinois at #5 Purdue

The Newman game

For sure.....great to see. He ended up being the difference.

seinfeld-newman.gif

That was way more difficult that it should have been. But... we got the W. Still.... Heart Attack Central! We need to play both halves, this shit ain't gonna fly in the tourney. It's crazy how our momentum just swings like a pendulum on a clock.
They did it to themselves, more so than anything Illinois did. That is the disappointing thing. Purdue just cannot stand prosperity.

• Angry
Reactions: drewjin
They did it to themselves, more so than anything Illinois did. That is the disappointing thing. Purdue just cannot stand prosperity.

Lack of recognition at times and when to put an opponent away. Growing pains still for this team. Illinois did some good things, but Purdue helped a little, IMO

Still love this team regardless of how things play out this year - it's the long game for them......and continue to learn/improve.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Not a good look for us lately. Zach has to be tougher in the paint as well....stronger hands
this is how we lose in the big dance, we are going to see very active that take advantage lousy 3 point and FT shooting. Def deserve the 2 seed

Reactions: BoilerDeac
26-5, 15-5 in the Big Ten. Who would have predicted that pre-season? We still need to play better if we hope to keep this season going for a while...

There is something for perspective. IF any of us had posted before the season saying Purdue would go 26-5 and win the conference by three games - they would have been excoriated.

However, this last five weeks has seemed like an eternity.....what a long season, but what a great surprise from these young men.......and it's not over yet, folks.

Last edited:
It's true, but that's one vs 50 against Zach Edey that didn't get called. B10 refs let them fight, NCAA tourney refs won't let that happen.

Plus it was a quick play and I would have to go back and look but when contact was made I believe the hand was on the ball.

Plus it was a quick play and I would have to go back and look but when contact was made I believe the hand was on the ball.
He got him on the wrist, but I think it was one of those spots where the refs weren't in a good position to see the play. One behind, one on the other side of the lane.

He got him on the wrist, but I think it was one of those spots where the refs weren't in a good position to see the play. One behind, one on the other side of the lane.

Make up call for those 20, or more, not called on Edey. He needs to show the refs all the cuts and scratches on his arms. It is like the first two fouls on Edey don't count, they'll sometimes call the third one.

Reactions: Schnelk
I think that play before where he almost stole it from Mayer helped on that play. They gave him the benefit of the doubt. Hustle pays off.

Make up call for those 20, or more, not called on Edey. He needs to show the refs all the cuts and scratches on his arms. It is like the first two fouls on Edey don't count, they'll sometimes call the third one.
I went back and rewatched the second half, he should have shot 8 more free throws in the second half alone and another play was 50/50.

you are trying to equate one missed hack by Purdue vs the countless times the refs allowed Illinois to hack Zach? seriously?
He throws crap at the wall to see what sticks. There really is not any sort of critical thinking going on here, above a grade school level knowledge of the game. Bone is just a contrarian at best and an anchor at other times... bless his little heart.

I think CMP was just saying good job on the hustle from Hawkins?
I wondered what that was at the time. He came over and Matt pointed for him to go to their huddle. I guessed at the time it was to assure Matt he didn’t try to hurt Caleb, but I don’t know for certain

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT