ADVERTISEMENT

How to Watch and Game Thread: #5 Purdue at Wisconsin

This thread is titled...
"How to watch"

And nobody mentioned heavy drinking???? I might have to start? Because when these guys score under 75 they are unwatchable. Even the D lately is just ave to poor.

Should have beat W by 15+.
Geez.

This thread is titled...
"How to watch"

And nobody mentioned heavy drinking???? I might have to start? Because when these guys score under 75 they are unwatchable. Even the D lately is just ave to poor.

Should have beat this W by 15+.
Geez.
I actually cracked a barrel proof EH Taylor tonight to celebrate an outright B1G Championship. I only had a 2 knuckle pour...ok, maybe 4.

Hit a couple wide open 3 pt shots and the game isn't close. Morton had a 1, Jenkins had 2, Newman had 2, Loyer had 1. All missed the wide open jumpers. Just hit 2/6 and the game is under wraps before the 1 min mark. Hope the team gets hot from 3 come the big dance like the Carsen/Cline run.

Great job Boilers.
1. Big Ten Champs!!
2. Three game lead!!
3. Road win.
4. Beat a desperate team.
5. Solid last 10 minutes.
6. Beat a team that was mucking it up.
7. 7/8 free throws in last 1:45.
8. Really good coaching - several baskets out of time outs; fouling at the end; pressuring Wisconsin down the court in the last 5 seconds.

I don't know about some of you, but I really enjoyed that one.

Boiler Up!!

Whew! Big win on the road and to got some confidence back! Thank you Boilers!
Tex cancel the trip to the ER brother.

I am beyond aid, Schnelk......

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Schnelk and TX4GB
Well....Boilers still need to improve/clean-up a lot of things.....we shall see. On the bright side, maybe they're getting this all out of their collective system now.

Crazy that Purdue is 3-4 in last 7 and still leads the conference by three games......it's been like a race pile-up from all of the jockeying below.

Oh well......congrats to your 2023 Big Ten Champions - Purdue Boilermakers.
There will be an epic battle for second place this weekend with 6 teams all trying to get to 12-8!

The Big Ten has been deep this year and only one team has managed to win over 60% of their games. This has been a good season for Purdue.

There will be an epic battle for second place this weekend with 6 teams all trying to get to 12-8!

The Big Ten has been deep this year and only one team has managed to win over 60% of their games. This has been a good season for Purdue.

If Iowa beats Nebraska, they're in good shape for the #2-seed. Purdue (if they win the QF game - no certainty) could see Indiana in the semis, as they might be on the 4/5 line.

Well....Boilers still need to improve/clean-up a lot of things.....we shall see. On the bright side, maybe they're getting this all out of their collective system now.

Crazy that Purdue is 3-4 in last 7 and still leads the conference by three games......it's been like a race pile-up from all of the jockeying below.

I expect winning the big by the much is pretty rare

Beating Wisconsin at their place is always tough. This Wisconsin team has had a bunch of very close loses, which if turned around would have put them in second place with the ne t best record. This is not a weak team, just unlucky this year. They were desperate to win this game, on their senior night (IIRC) and get into the tourney.

The fact that we engaged them in a typical Wisconsin blood-on-the-floor scrum and beat them is significant. Something we really needed.

Love the race car analogy. It reminds me of the final lap of the 1967 Indy 500, where your fellow Texan, A J Foty, had to navigate through spinning cars and smoke to win the race.

Last edited:
Love the race car analogy. It reminds me of the final lap of the 1967 Indy 500, where your fellow Texan, A J Foty had to navigate through spinning cars and smoke to win the race.
I’ve always loved the quote from AJ about that. Something to the effect of “I was either going to get through or hit somebody hard enough to take them across the finish line with me.”

Love the race car analogy. It reminds me of the final lap of the 1967 Indy 500, where your fellow Texan, A J Foty, had to navigate through spinning cars and smoke to win the race.

I’ve always loved the quote from AJ about that. Something to the effect of “I was either going to get through or hit somebody hard enough to take them across the finish line with me.”

A.J. Foyt was definitely one of a kind. One of my all-time favorite race car drivers.

Foyt.jpg

Reactions: drewjin
good to win, especially on the road but and this is a big but, we still are missing too many free throws and clanking 3s. that wont get us very far in either tourney. i thought newman would hit some 3s. he did play good defense and had 5 rebounds and two nice steals.

Reactions: drewjin and mathboy
Morton was 2-4 at 3 last night. I looked it up and last season he shot 41% from behind the arc. Granted it was a much lower sample because he wasn’t taking as many shots, but still.

Gillis and Furst were both 40% three point shooters.

I believe these guys CAN shoot. They just need to get past these yips and play like they have always been able!

Morton was 2-4 at 3 last night. I looked it up and last season he shot 41% from behind the arc. Granted it was a much lower sample because he wasn’t taking as many shots, but still.

I believe these guys CAN shoot. They just need to get past these yips and play like they have always been able!
And none of those three were the designated 3-pointer shooter recruit.

Reactions: Schnelk and drewjin
And none of those three were the designated 3-pointer shooter recruit.

Exactly. Most of those shots were open shots created by Edey or Ivey just like this year. No difference.

Add in Jenkins who we know for a fact can not only make threes but make them in big moments, and I feel like we have what it takes. We just need to get out of this extended slump.

maybe the fewer minutes of play helped Morton

Make-up call for the one tie up earlier in the game they gave Edey. Both calls were wrong but I guess it worked out.

Reactions: TX4GB
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT