ADVERTISEMENT

How many of you are going to Foster Farms Bowl?

https://www.amtrak.com/charter-your-private-train
I, sadly, just cancelled my room in Nashville......
Every bowl game I always see if there's enough interest to charter a flight with a plane full of Boilermakers and fly out/back in one day (and have a heck of a plane ride in the process! Although there would probably be some hated rival, like Iowa, putting out mojo for a mechanical failure in flight)

Amtrak tix are $186 one way, but it takes 2 days plus to get out. Still, that could be a neat way to travel. How cool would it be to charter an entire TRAIN out to a west coast bowl? :)

https://www.amtrak.com/charter-your-private-train
Every bowl game I always see if there's enough interest to charter a flight with a plane full of Boilermakers and fly out/back in one day (and have a heck of a plane ride in the process! Although there would probably be some hated rival, like Iowa, putting out mojo for a mechanical failure in flight)

Amtrak tix are $186 one way, but it takes 2 days plus to get out. Still, that could be a neat way to travel. How cool would it be to charter an entire TRAIN out to a west coast bowl? :)

Okay, I'm curious. If booked, how much per seat would a charter like that cost?

Okay, I'm curious. If booked, how much per seat would a charter like that cost?
The link says they start at 10 grand. at 84 max seats per car, that'd be $119 a head. But that doesn't say for how long/far, and there are BUNCH of add ins there (using someone else's tracks, extra amenities like food/beverages, etc.) But still, would it not be the coolest thing ever if a train full of Boilermakers could be put together for our trip out to Pasadena next year? :)

Reactions: LonestarBoilerFan
The link says they start at 10 grand. at 84 max seats per car, that'd be $119 a head. But that doesn't say for how long/far, and there are BUNCH of add ins there (using someone else's tracks, extra amenities like food/beverages, etc.) But still, would it not be the coolest thing ever if a train full of Boilermakers could be put together for our trip out to Pasadena next year? :)

A Boilermaker Special of sorts. Sounds cool. Get the media to ride along for parts of the journey and have everybody toast the game with Boilermakers!

Reactions: Tommaker
I was thinking about the food so much that I forgot the point of the thread was who is going. I wish I could make it but, between some family stuff going on right now and the fact that game day is right in the middle of my work week, I won't be able to make it. I will be there in spirit.

Reactions: Tommaker
We were all set for Nashville (brother lives in Knoxville), NYC (sister lives there), or Detroit (I’m in Michigan). That all said, I’m just glad to see the team get back to a bowl game and hopefully a bowl win.

I was ready for a bowl. Unfortunately, had to cancel my hotel reservations in Nashville and NYC. Foster Farms is too far (I live on east coast) and its hard to leave 1 day after Christmas. I'm also not excited from what I've seen from the bowl organizers and the pics from previous years show about 25% capacity. I will be cheering the Boilers from my sofa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT