ADVERTISEMENT

How Many Days Has It Been Since iu Defeated Purdue in BB?

I'm very intrigued to see your math on how you got 323 days...

If we're keeping it on the topic of the title of this thread it's been 4 days
Time between March 6th of last year and today. As I type, it has been approximately 323 and 1/2 days since Purdue defeated IU. When I posted that 323+ number, I stated that was admittedly slightly off-topic also.

My original post was directly to the topic. Yes! 4+ days. So let's keep it on-topic. It has been 4 1/2 days since IU defeated Purdue in basketball. Eight days for the women's teams.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Indy_Rider
Time between March 6th of last year and today. As I type, it has been approximately 323 and 1/2 days.

Admittedly, I am not a math/complex statistics guy. Many Purdue posters will have a better skill set to confirm this information.
But do you comprehend when someone wants fries or not, that's what's really important for you to get right.

• Haha
Reactions: Aamesker
But do you comprehend when someone wants fries or not, that's what's really important for you to get right.
As per my post earlier this morning, "I'm getting criticized for any minor typo, or on one occasion because I added a link to a gif instead of a visible picture file! I will be extra-careful about those issues. Seems that they create considerable disdain."

I have no idea what your side order at lunch, if you so choose fries, has to do with this thread. Now your lunch order is somehow my problem? That is most certainly off-topic also.

4 1/2 days. That's directly to the point.

Years from now, the Indinians and their Walmart supporters will remember where they were when the streak ended. It will be brought up at birthday parties, shotgun weddings, funerals and GED “graduations” (for the lucky few high achievers) just as previous generations remembered where they were when JFK was assassinated or on 9/11. For the Indinians, it’s that momentous. It will complement (that’s a difficult word to both use and spell properly for non-grad Walmarters who are easily fooled by big words) their already modest and uneventful lives with a small ray of sunshine in an otherwise gloomy existence. Let the munchkins and caddy’s enjoy their day. It won’t last long.

Time between March 6th of last year and today. As I type, it has been approximately 323 and 1/2 days since Purdue defeated IU. When I posted that 323+ number, I stated that was admittedly slightly off-topic also.

My original post was directly to the topic. Yes! 4+ days. So let's keep it on-topic. It has been 4 1/2 days since IU defeated Purdue in basketball. Eight days for the women's teams.

So now the women's game matters. Do Purdue fans get to end any arguments between the programs with "Banner!"?

I digress... I will concede the 4+ days since IU last beat Purdue in men's basketball, and I even chuckled at the 320 days number since Purdue last beat IU in men's basketball. You will get to just over a year before Purdue has a golden opportunity to right the ship. Damn the schedule makers. :D

Reactions: HoosierfanJM
So now the women's game matters. Do Purdue fans get to end any arguments between the programs with "Banner!"?

I digress... I will concede the 4+ days since IU last beat Purdue in men's basketball, and I even chuckled at the 320 days number since Purdue last beat IU in men's basketball. You will get to just over a year before Purdue has a golden opportunity to right the ship. Damn the schedule makers. :D
You get us at Mackey in March! You may even be favored. ;)

I thought I would wait a little bit till things settled down. Amazingly, there were 4 pages of comments following the IU win over our Boilermakers last Thursday evening. Some of it was cleaver, some was hurt full and some was pretty off the wall and over the fence. Congratulations from me to the IU team. You got us. Not going to get into the debate over who won it or who lost it. The final score told the tale. So now it is time to pick up the pieces and move along. That means a new streak and the number is now 5. We shall see how this number is nurtured and how well it grows.

Our team is nurturing a number and this past week was excellent in that regard. Played two top 25 teams, one on their court, and came away with two solid victories. Those performances have lifted Purdue's current ranking to #4 and #3 in the two polls. Those numbers are currently more important than the subject of this thread. That relates to the insignificance of the opponent. That less significant number is 11, but I predict it will gain in relevance as time moves forward. Well done, Purdue squad.

Years from now, the Indinians and their Walmart supporters will remember where they were when the streak ended. It will be brought up at birthday parties, shotgun weddings, funerals and GED “graduations” (for the lucky few high achievers) just as previous generations remembered where they were when JFK was assassinated or on 9/11. For the Indinians, it’s that momentous. It will complement (that’s a difficult word to both use and spell properly for non-grad Walmarters who are easily fooled by big words) their already modest and uneventful lives with a small ray of sunshine in an otherwise gloomy existence. Let the munchkins and caddy’s enjoy their day. It won’t last long.
The important issue is will YOU be alive when Purdue's 40+ yr Final Four drought ends? Sorry I try not to be so antagonistic, but you're just so childish and nonsensical...

The Purdue Men's Basketball team has started a new streak of five wins, two of them over ranked B10 teams. The Boilermakers are playing terrific basketball. The win over Michigan was a terrific game where it doesn't seem that either team could play any harder to win. The rankings came out today and they have moved up to the #3 position in the Fox Sports, AP and the Ferris Mowers Coaches polls. It is now eighteen days since the IU team beat this Purdue team. Still nurturing the growth of "the number". It should germinate on March 5th and then rise tall, hopefully to stand equally next to the 2161 that already stands high above the rest.

I see that I left something out from the post last week. It is the number 18. This week the number has grown to 25. Additionally, the Purdue Men's Basketball Team has played a gauntlet of games, all against very tough opponents. They played one "stinker" in that series of games and are now ranked #5 and #7 in the nation. It shows to me that they are working very, very hard on defense. Winning the Maryland game shows to me they are developing some "grit." I think that is the next step to success when the team gets into a defensive groove.

Reactions: Brad Logan
This thread is amazing on so many levels...the running commentary re: Purdue owning their little red headed step bros down south for the better part of a decade might even pale in comparison to how #bigmad this space has clearly made the most ignorant/irrational fan base in sports.

Keep it going! 😆

Today is number 32 since the IU team beat the Purdue Men's Basketball team in a game. It is also a single day following a very sweet victory by our Boilermakers over the Rutgers Scalet Knights. This game is significant in that it showed me the most complete game of the season by Purdue. The defense is starting to make a difference from previous parts of the season and the offense is finding consistent ways to handle the pressure of a full court press. The season is coming to an end and the regular season goals are in sight. They are leading the conference with 3 to play, and they are now nicely fitted in the #4 spot in national rankings. Bring it Home, Boilers!

IU_Loss_Day_46.jpg

Oh my goodness. My friend, Mr. Carp, has returned. And he was kind enough to add a portrait for our approval. I have missed you, buddy. Always some appropriate pictures and videos to accompany the topic. And that topic is that our men's basketball team hasn't lost to IU in now 46 days, as is shown on the portrait above. We will count on as there is always a number to note. The target is to grow more than 2161.

Our team put forth an exhausting effort in the B10 tournament only to fall one game short in winning that championship. Watching the game with MSU, it struck me that they were gassed and would be easy pickin's for the game with OMHR. I think that turned out to be true as their come from behind effort fell a few minutes short. But now it is time to refocus on the NCAA Tournament and move forward with that #3 seed as play begins for them In Milwaukee. While we are at it, we can also give notice to the number 53 as the number of days since they have lost to IU.

Our Mighty Boilermaker team went to Milwaukee over the weekend for the first two rounds of the 2022 NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament. They prevailed in both games to make the Sweet Sixteen in that tournament. Both games were signature wins including a solid, entertaining win over a Texas team that is coached by a Purdue nemesis. Coach Matt Painter now has a number of 6 Sweet Sixteen appearances with one going on to the Elite Eight. Speaking of numbers, another new number is 60, representing the number of days since this wonderful team lost to IU. Let us continue our strong hopes for a great finish to this tournament and they reach even higher levels of success under Coach Matt Painter.

Our number of interest has increased to 67. And we should definitely build our use of the name Indinia for our friends down south. They seem to be fully obsessed with that name as well as this number.

Today is Monday and time for the standard reports. NC game tonight and both teams are flawed. No surprise to me if the winner vacates this championship in the not so distant future. People are arguing over the latest exploit of one of the IU players that was arrested last week. What is there to argue over? The justice system will take care of it. The arguing sounds like little kids on the playground. But here is something that is much more serious and full of objectivity. The number of days since the Purdue Men's Basketball team lost to IU is now at 74. The target is still 2161. We have plenty of time to get to that.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
I have noticed a lot a passionate threads and posts about our men's basketball team. And it now seems to be going well. Could one or more of the instigating posters been banned from the board? If so, it is too bad that happened, but seems to be for the best in this case. Glad to see the conversations are more civil as each makes his point with some facts and respect. The new number starting this week is 81. Carry on.

Wow, the IU team has reduced by two staff members and now all of a sudden, they have recruited a top 5 ranked player for next years team. Is that an indication that the changes made lead to a miraculous event, or is it the time of year when they win all recruiting battles and comparisons. Well one thing will not change here is that The Number is growing, and rather nicely, I might add. It is now 88 and it's growth will march on.

Things have changed dramatically since last week. The NIL has supposedly influenced several players to pick schools. Some are from the portal and some are Freshmen to be. There are some incredible numbers being slashed around regarding the NIL. Some are probably true and others are hearsay or rumor. One number is not hearsay and is totally true. That is our number for our team not loosing a game to IU in Men's Basketball. That number is now 95 and growing.

There are several favorite numbers for Purdue fans, alumni and students. One is 75W to 42L and 7 ties for Purdue over IU in football. Another is 125W to 90L vs IU in men's basketball. In women's basketball it is 53W to 38L favoring the Boilermakers. And lastly, the very important number representing the number of days since the Purdue Men's Basketball team lost to IU has grown to 102.

Now at 109 and still growing.
I fail to see what you are tying to prove. The IU win streak over Purdue lasted 43 days (Jan 21-Mar 5 - 10+28+5.) Jan 21 was the first full day of the streak as IU won on Jan 20th. On March 5th it was over. The Purdue streak lasted for YEARS.

I realize that Math is not the forte of IU fans but this calculation resides at the grammar school level. I would have thought that you achieved at least that level of academic progress. Or perhaps, you are just trying to be a jerk and in that case are succeeding admirably.

Last edited:
I fail to see what you are tying to prove. The IU win streak over Purdue lasted 43 days (Jan 21-Mar 5 - 10+28+5.) Jan 21 was the first full day of the streak.as IU won on Jan 20th. On March 5th it was over. The Purdue streak lasted for YEARS.

I realize that Math is not the forte of IU fans but this calculation resides at the grammar school level. I would have thought that you achieved at least that level of academic progress. Or perhaps, you are just trying to be a jerk and in that case are succeeding admirably.
🤣 🤣 🤣

It shouldn't be days, it should be the number of wins in a row. Purdue had a heck of a run - congratulations.

But I ask you - would you rather have (a) 5 national championships regardless of when - or - (b) 15 (or whatever it was) straight wins over your arch rival?

Last edited:
It shouldn't be days, it should be the number of wins in a row. Purdue had a heck of a run - congratulations.

But I ask you - would you rather have (a) 5 national championships regardless of when - or - 15 (or whatever it was) straight wins over your arch rival?

butt-hurt-critical.gif

Reactions: Chris P Bacon
This is kind of stupid because even if IU wins, there is still always ~365 days until they play Purdue the next season.

But I ask you - would you rather have (a) 5 national championships regardless of when - or - (b) 15 (or whatever it was) straight wins over your arch rival?
I'll take something current over something no one outside of IU cares about or even remembers.

But we'll go ahead and track this however we want thanks.

Reactions: Inspector100

(a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a) (a)
All day!

Reactions: IUHDog
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT