ADVERTISEMENT

How Many Days Has It Been Since iu Defeated Purdue in BB?

The number is 130 days. This number is having an impact. See posts above.
When the "number" incorporated a bunch of wins over many years, it was relevant and did "have an impact".

This number, based on the number of days between the last game and the off season, has none.

You were here.... on a holiday.... complaining about it. It's clearly under your skin and living rent free as it were..... so yeah..... it's serving a very good purpose.
I never realized how much Purdue got under the thin skinned IU fans. They're over on this board way to often.

Even when they try to act nice, but run right back to their board and do the exact opposite. "Say what you mean and mean what you say".... pretty sad!

Reactions: BBG
You were here.... on a holiday.... complaining about it. It's clearly under your skin and living rent free as it were..... so yeah..... it's serving a very good purpose.
I was working on the holiday to which you refer. Assumption # 1 incorrect.
Under my skin? Nope. Totally stupid logic on the OP's part? Absolutely.
I give credit where credit is due and it is not due in this case.

• Haha
Reactions: Poprudy
Damn, on your workday?? Thanks for the confirmation. Sounds like you proved his point 😂

Oh so it's worse, you were while working? And you keep coming back and bumping the thread? Yep, thoroughly under your skin. Rent free.

Oh and that "stupid logic" is called simple math son. Maybe you need a refresher course? Either way, thanks for the laugh.

Damn, on your workday?? Thanks for the confirmation. Sounds like you proved his point 😂
Another bad ASSumption. I am retired and work at a golf academy a couple days a week. It is boring, and I obviously have way too much free time on my hands.

But I do love how y'all know everything about me without having any facts.

Another bad ASSumption. I am retired and work at a golf academy a couple days a week. It is boring, and I obviously have way too much free time on my hands.

Nothing you said here disproves the point and you just keep making it more and more truthful every time you bump this thread in such hilarious fashion.

Rent..............free.

Was it a fact you were here on a working day? A holiday as well? What fact wasn't true? Just leave it!

Was it a fact you were here on a working day? A holiday as well? What fact wasn't true? Just leave it!
Both true, but what does that have to do with anything?

Just conversating - (purposeful typo).

Hit ignore if you don't care to read what I post.

Hmmm. I just learned that miniature golf is now referred to as a "Golf Academy". Sure is hard to keep up with all the relabeling.

Syllabus - Chapter VII - Taking on the Demons to finish a round......

giphy.gif

• Haha
Don't get your hopes up that I will miss this Monday to post the new number. It is 158. Actually, I was away from home for 5 days. Posting this number is one of the first things I did after arriving home.

Don't get your hopes up that I will miss this Monday to post the new number. It is 158. Actually, I was away from home for 5 days. Posting this number is one of the first things I did after arriving home.
OK. And how many days has it been since Purdue's men's basketball team won a "legitimate" national championship? Both questions are absurd.

Happy Independance Day to all Boilermakers. It is a great day to celebrate. You can also celebrate 165. That is the new number of interest.

The new number is 193. Are your kids going to school this week?
In case you want to know what the next Monday number is, and the next, and the next........

AugSeptOctNovDec

I have to be honest with you, I do not understand the point of your post other than to just be obnoxious. It is true that IU broke Purdue's streak of consecutive wins by winning the first of two games this past season - the game in Bloomington. However, then Purdue beat IU in Mackey Arena a few weeks later in the second game. IU's streak of days lasted about a month.

I understand that the long winning streak that Purdue held got under your skin. However, you are now simply being a jerk. I am all for free expression of ideas, but you are not really interested in that. If I were a mod I would ban you.

Reactions: Inspector100
OK. And how many days has it been since Purdue's men's basketball team won a "legitimate" national championship? Both questions are absurd.
Since when is a voted national championship illegitimate? Prior to the CBP, national championships in football were voted. Using your implied logic, the football championships won by Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Texas, USC, Washington, Ohio State, Penn State and others are illegitimate. I doubt the respective fanbases of those schools would take your argument seriously.

I get that you may not like the way things were done in prior times. However, that was the way it was done then. UNC and Kansas proudly display their national championships won in a voting. Why should Purdue or any other school feel differently?

I have to be honest with you, I do not understand the point of your post other than to just be obnoxious. It is true that IU broke Purdue's streak of consecutive wins by winning the first of two games this past season - the game in Bloomington. However, then Purdue beat IU in Mackey Arena a few weeks later in the second game. IU's streak of days lasted about a month.

I understand that the long winning streak that Purdue held got under your skin. However, you are now simply being a jerk. I am all for free expression of ideas, but you are not really interested in that. If I were a mod I would ban you.
C'mon man - IU beat Purdue the first time they played and Purdue won the rematch. IU's winning days were short because it wasn't the last time they played until the 2022-2023 season. Longer winning streak by default which is kind of silly (just like my post). Have always given props for Purdue's legitimate streak so just relax.

A. Obnoxious or B. Having some fun? To each his own. Peace.

Since when is a voted national championship illegitimate? Prior to the CBP, national championships in football were voted. Using your implied logic, the football championships won by Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Texas, USC, Washington, Ohio State, Penn State and others are illegitimate. I doubt the respective fanbases of those schools would take your argument seriously.

I get that you may not like the way things were done in prior times. However, that was the way it was done then. UNC and Kansas proudly display their national championships won in a voting. Why should Purdue or any other school feel differently?
You do know the recipient of the mythical national championship - The Helm's Trophy - was "voted" on by one man sitting in his basement in California. Sure you do.

C'mon man - IU beat Purdue the first time they played and Purdue won the rematch. IU's winning days were short because it wasn't the last time they played until the 2022-2023 season. Longer winning streak by default which is kind of silly (just like my post). Have always given props for Purdue's legitimate streak so just relax.

A. Obnoxious or B. Having some fun? To each his own. Peace.
I'll give you B. because I liked your chart!

You do know the recipient of the mythical national championship - The Helm's Trophy - was "voted" on by one man sitting in his basement in California. Sure you do.
That 31-32 team was a "heck of a squad" as Lou Holtz would put it. In fact, had Homer Gantry not tried to dunk on the peach basket and tore it down Purdue wouldn't have suffered the devastating 21-28 loss at Huff Hall in Champaign and would have been undefeated.

I am aware that Purdue's championship was decided by voting. As were the championships in football prior to the playoff; and as were the basketball championships prior to the NCAA and NIT Tournaments. It was done via data analysis and not just personal fiat. You make it a point that one man decided it. While perhaps true, it was also widely accepted by sports writers at the time so it is not just a personal declaration and that was it. That was the system THEN. I just find it annoying that you will imply inferiority to Purdue's but not those of UNC and Kansas. Why is that? In the interest of logical consistency, you should apply the same rule. The system then was the system then. Times have changed and a newer system is in place. That does not make the old illegitimate.

Abraham Lincoln and George Washington were elected to the Presidency in a system that allowed very few blacks to vote and no women to vote. Obviously, the system then is not the system now. But we do not allege that their respective Presidencies were illegitimate.

Reactions: Inspector100
I am aware that Purdue's championship was decided by voting. As were the championships in football prior to the playoff; and as were the basketball championships prior to the NCAA and NIT Tournaments. It was done via data analysis and not just personal fiat. You make it a point that one man decided it. While perhaps true, it was also widely accepted by sports writers at the time so it is not just a personal declaration and that was it. That was the system THEN. I just find it annoying that you will imply inferiority to Purdue's but not those of UNC and Kansas. Why is that? In the interest of logical consistency, you should apply the same rule. The system then was the system then. Times have changed and a newer system is in place. That does not make the old illegitimate.

Abraham Lincoln and George Washington were elected to the Presidency in a system that allowed very few blacks to vote and no women to vote. Obviously, the system then is not the system now. But we do not allege that their respective Presidencies were illegitimate.
You are correct. The system in place was the recognized system of the time period. So, technically, Purdue was the national champion. Although, there was no vote; there was an appointment.

Again, you don't get it. The use of "technically" demonstrates that. You acknowledge that was the accepted system at the time; that ends the discussion. Using your implied logic, IU's championships are only "technical" in nature as well. The same could be said for the football playoff champions as well. They won under "...the recognized system of the time period." But I doubt you would prefer that they are referred to by the very same words that you used.

Again, you don't get it. The use of "technically" demonstrates that. You acknowledge that was the accepted system at the time; that ends the discussion. Using your implied logic, IU's championships are only "technical" in nature as well. The same could be said for the football playoff champions as well. They won under "...the recognized system of the time period." But I doubt you would prefer that they are referred to by the very same words that you used.
I don't get it? Seriously?

I am agreeing with you.

The definition of the word "technically" means "according to the facts". The facts are that the system in place at the time was the recognized system of the day - like it or not.

You are trying way too hard to find fault with what I post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT