ADVERTISEMENT

Haley '24

I'm not into NASA or space movies (although for some reason, I do like movies like War of the Worlds and Independence Day), but I'm interested in the story of Hidden Figures.
While you are at it, learn more about Tuskegee Airmen. Good movie about that to stream is “Red Tails”. Have you even heard of the Tuskegee Airmen?

While you are at it, learn more about Tuskegee Airmen. Good movie about that to stream is “Red Tails”. Have you even heard of the Tuskegee Airmen?
Have you heard about the underground railroad of Ohio? How about Covert, Michigan?

In the most recent assessment 55 Chicago Public Schools report not a single child proficient in math or reading. I don’t blame the kids. Or even the families in many situations. I blame the adults in charge. And who are those adults? Who kept these kids out of school and destroyed their futures? Oh I forget. They had a lawn sign so they get a pass.

I would love to see thousands more Katherine Johnsons but unfortunately the kids sentenced to the schools (especially now with billionaire Gov Jelly Belly killing school vouchers) are never going to get that chance.

Why doesn’t this make you angry? Because I am. And everybody knew it was going to happen.
Baltimore is usually in that position...similar demographics?

Who do you mean by the deplorables?
That core republican 33% Chump cult members. Including but not limited to the Jan 6 insurrectionists, and the 2020 Chump election deniers. The same folks basically Hillary Clinton was talking about in 2016.

That core republican 33% Chump cult members. Including but not limited to the Jan 6 insurrectionists, and the 2020 Chump election deniers. The same folks basically Hillary Clinton was talking about in 2016.
I thought so. You bought it from the dems, just like you bought your often-stated belief that crt is taught only in law schools. How do you know where it is taught?

I thought so. You bought it from the dems, just like you bought your often-stated belief that crt is taught only in law schools. How do you know where it is taught?
As far as CRT I do know where it is taught and where it is not taught because I educated myself on the topic since Chump and Faux News first demonized CRT in 2016. Prior to Chump and Faux News CRT demonization, the majority of Americans including black civil rights leaders have never heard of it. Never was an issue is K-12 education mainly because is was and current not being taught other than law school.

Since the demonization of CRT from the right wingers, I educated myself from college and law school professors that actually teach it in law school like Prof, Kevin Brown. He and others have been on several talk shows discussing CRT. The definition of CRT is that it is the framework of how racism is interjected within the legal system. Basically systemic racism. For example, I often discussed on here how there are 2 justice systems one for whites and one for blacks. The Jim Crow laws are topics of discussion in these CRT classes. Court cases about race like Plessy vs Ferguson or Brown vs Board of Education to name a few.

What is happening is that the right wingers do not like what is currently taught in K-12 history class that has to do with black history. They don’t want there kids to learn what the horrible stuff white people have done in US history. Then they label that that history as CRT to somehow justify removing or changing history. Books on Rosa Parks are removed. MLK books have been removed. Books penned by black Pulitzer Prize winner, Toni Morrison was banned. All under the guise of CRT.

Now, the governor of VA is following DeSantis in trying to ban or remove parts on another AP African American studies class because they don’t like what is in it.

Oh trust me Bobby, if he somehow were to get the nomination, I'd vote him today, tomorrow and twice on Sunday (just like we used to in Chicago). But, that's assuming he's the nominee and the only choice. I hope he's not.
I love his policies, definitely think he's got some flaws as an individual, but as far as what kind of POTUS he was, it's undeniable he was the best we've ever had. Didn't say the best person, but the best President.
As much as I don't like Bob Knight, you can't argue with his success. You might not like him as a person or the means by how he succeeded, but he succeeded none the less.
The illogic and contradictions in your position are so obvious I would think even you could them them.
He is undeniably……lol……the greatest president we’ve ever had BUT YOU DON’T WANT HIM TO GET THE NOMINATION to be president again. In what universe does that make sense?

What is SO bad about trump, whose policies you loved and praises you sing, that would cause you to shift your support elsewhere?

Do you now consider yourself a RINO? You support Ron, trump said he’s a RINO, who are you going to side with today?

As for your selective, mind numbing statement that trump is the greatest president ever, what do you base that on? That you made good money during his term, cause that seems to be the most important criteria for you.

Did he end a war? An historic peace deal? Defeat communism? Enact ground breaking legislation like voting rights for women or Africa Americans? Maybe build something that would change our lives like the Panama Canal or the transcontinental railroad?

No. He cut taxes for corporations and it yielded a great economy. Otherwise, he was a president who bitched about the same issues you bitch about. He was angry and outraged and had the audacity to take politics into the gutter, just to make you and many others happy. In short, he acted like you and attacked those you don’t agree with. And you fell in love.

Last edited:
As far as CRT I do know where it is taught and where it is not taught because I educated myself on the topic since Chump and Faux News first demonized CRT in 2016. Prior to Chump and Faux News CRT demonization, the majority of Americans including black civil rights leaders have never heard of it. Never was an issue is K-12 education mainly because is was and current not being taught other than law school.

Since the demonization of CRT from the right wingers, I educated myself from college and law school professors that actually teach it in law school like Prof, Kevin Brown. He and others have been on several talk shows discussing CRT. The definition of CRT is that it is the framework of how racism is interjected within the legal system. Basically systemic racism. For example, I often discussed on here how there are 2 justice systems one for whites and one for blacks. The Jim Crow laws are topics of discussion in these CRT classes. Court cases about race like Plessy vs Ferguson or Brown vs Board of Education to name a few.

What is happening is that the right wingers do not like what is currently taught in K-12 history class that has to do with black history. They don’t want there kids to learn what the horrible stuff white people have done in US history. Then they label that that history as CRT to somehow justify removing or changing history. Books on Rosa Parks are removed. MLK books have been removed. Books penned by black Pulitzer Prize winner, Toni Morrison was banned. All under the guise of CRT.

Now, the governor of VA is following DeSantis in trying to ban or remove parts on another AP African American studies class because they don’t like what is in it.
Is there a law that prevents CRT from being taught in schools other than law schools?

If not, how do you know where it is being taught? Maybe not correctly, in you view, but still being taught.

How could you possibly know?

The illogic and contradictions in your position are so obvious I would think even you could them them.
He is undeniably……lol……the greatest president we’ve ever had BUT YOU DON’T WANT HIM TO GET THE NOMINATION to be president again. In what universe does that make sense?

What is SO bad about trump, whose policies you loved and praises you sing, that would cause you to shift your support elsewhere?

Do you now consider yourself a RINO? You support Ron, trump said he’s a RINO, who are you going to side with today?

As for your selective, mind numbing statement that trump is the greatest president ever, what do you base that on? That you made good money during his term, cause that seems to be the most important criteria for you.

Did he end a war? An historic peace deal? Defeat communism? Enact ground breaking legislation like voting rights for women or Africa Americans? Maybe build something that would change our lives like the Panama Canal or the transcontinental railroad?

No. He cut taxes for corporations and it yielded a great economy. Otherwise, he was a president who bitched about the same issues you bitch about. He was angry and outraged and had the audacity to take politics into the gutter, just to make you and many others happy. In short, he acted like you and attacked those you don’t agree with. And you fell in love.
The Boneman is a perfect example of how Chump has the right wingers twisting themselves into knots. The Boneman says that Chump was the best president ever. Yet he also says that he hopes that Chump does not run in 2024. If someone is thought of being the best president ever, why would you not want them to run again? Until Chump goes away totally, you are going to continue to have repub presidential candidates as well as the local and state candidates twist themselves into knots trying to appease the deplorables and the mainstream republicans. It has gotten to the point where a so-called mainstream Republicans are called RINOs by either the deplorables or the repub candidates trying to appease the deplorables.

Last edited:
Is there a law that prevents CRT from being taught in schools other than law schools?

If not, how do you know where it is being taught? Maybe not correctly, in you view, but still being taught.

How could you possibly know?
You better believe there are laws banning CRT in K-12. Other laws are in the works. Prior to 2016, there weren't any laws because it was never taught in K-12, and thus no issue with the right wingers at the time to even consider a ban. CRT did not become an issue until Chump became president and tried to stop the US Defense Dept from diversity training. The right wingers and Faux News took that and ran with it. Then it trickled down to school districts in red states and districts to try and remove history topics, particularly black history that made white folks uncomfortable under the guise of CRT. Then the push to ban was born and continues to this day. The bottom line is that these states are banning something that never was taught. Yougkin in VA in particular not only banned so-called CRT but even had a hotline for people to report it. Needless to say that the hotline is not being used much, if at all.

The Boneman is a perfect example of how Chump has the right wongers twisting themselves into knots. The Boneman says that Chump was the best president ever. Yet he also says that he hopes that Chump does not run in 2024. If someone is thought of being the best president ever, why would you not want them to run again? Until Chump goes away totally, you are going to continue to have repub presidential candidates as well as the local and state candidates twist themselves into knots trying to appease the deplorables and the mainstream republicans. It has gotten to the point where a so-called mainstream Republicans are called RINOs by either the deplorables or the repub candidates trying to appease the deplorables.
This is what we do know. The American people were a lot better off economically when Trump was president. The National security of America was better off. Friction in other countries around the world was not a boiling point.

Trump as a person is an a hole, but compared to our leadership today no one can say our country is better off with Biden.

You better believe there are laws banning CRT in K-12. Other laws are in the works. Prior to 2016, there weren't any laws because it was never taught in K-12, and thus no issue with the right wingers at the time to even consider a ban. CRT did not become an issue until Chump became president and tried to stop the US Defense Dept from diversity training. The right wingers and Faux News took that and ran with it. Then it trickled down to school districts in red states and districts to try and remove history topics, particularly black history that made white folks uncomfortable under the guise of CRT. Then the push to ban was born and continues to this day. The bottom line is that these states are banning something that never was taught. Yougkin in VA in particular not only banned so-called CRT but even had a hotline for people to report it. Needless to say that the hotline is not being used much, if at all.
But that doesn't prevent it from being taught in colleges even though you are claiming it is only taught in law schools.

Not to mention, secondary schools in states that don't have those laws.

Ready to concede that you do not really know that it is taught only in law schools - and that you just made that claim as a knee-jerk comment based on lib talking points you heard along the way?

Reactions: BoilerHuff3
But that doesn't prevent it from being taught in colleges even though you are claiming it is only taught in law schools.

Not to mention, secondary schools in states that don't have those laws.

Ready to concede that you do not really know that it is taught only in law schools - and that you just made that claim as a knee-jerk comment based on lib talking points you heard along the way?
I did not say that it was not taught in some colleges. It always has been taught in some colleges just like law schools. I'm not arguing that. Correct the laws do not prevent it from being taught in colleges and nor should there be. The gist of our discussion is K-12 where it was never taught contrary to popular belief. Even in states where there aren't anti-CRT laws, CRT is not taught. Indiana has failed to pass anti-CRT laws. It was a waste of time to try to get it passed as CRT was never taught in the first place in IN and still not. However, being the red state that is, some lawmakers tried as they were copying other red states.

I did not say that it was not taught in some colleges. It always has been taught in some colleges just like law schools. I'm not arguing that. Correct the laws do not prevent it from being taught in colleges and nor should there be. The gist of our discussion is K-12 where it was never taught contrary to popular belief. Even in states where there aren't anti-CRT laws, CRT is not taught. Indiana has failed to pass anti-CRT laws. It was a waste of time to try to get it passed as CRT was never taught in the first place in IN and still not. However, being the red state that is, some lawmakers tried as they were copying other red states.
You said earlier in this thread, "This class has no intentions of teaching CRT which is ONLY taught in law schools."

Are you now saying the use of ONLY was just misspeaking on your part, and you didn't mean it (despite the all caps)?

This is what we do know. The American people were a lot better off economically when Trump was president. The National security of America was better off. Friction in other countries around the world was not a boiling point.

Trump as a person is an a hole, but compared to our leadership today no one can say our country is better off with Biden.
That is, no one with any intelligence can say it. At least one on this board has said it, I believe, but he wears clown pants so nothing he says can be taken seriously.

You said earlier in this thread, "This class has no intentions of teaching CRT which is ONLY taught in law schools."

Are you now saying the use of ONLY was just misspeaking on your part, and you didn't mean it (despite the all caps)?
Yeah, misspoke I guess if you want to he picky. The point I was making is that it ain’t taught in K-12. Never was.

• Haha
Reactions: Riveting-
Over the past few weeks Trump has either directly stated, or has "re-Truthed" that Ron DeSantis is:
  • A pedophile.
  • A "meatball" (get it - Italian ancestry so "meatball")
  • "Shutdown Ron" for overly harsh Covid restrictions.
  • A "RINO Globalist."
  • Endorsed by George Soros.
  • Very disloyal and an average governor.
So I am pretty sure that Trump will not 'fall in line' were he not to get the nomination. lol

It is far more likely that he will claim that voting is fixed (again), diminishing the chances the Republican base will get as full a turnout in the general election.

There's not way the dems can roll Biden out there for another run. He might not even make it through this term. But, they also have an extremely weak bench and it's the Repubs election to lose. Trump needs to understand that his best move for the American people is to back the favorite and not miss this layup.
Not sure about the bench, I don’t follow Dem politics enough to know who would be strong candidates. Guessing a Gov from say Penn or maybe JB or Newsom would be much better than Biden. At this point I’m a DeSantis lean, I just worry that Trump will trash him like we’ve never witnessed before, he won’t care, I really think he’d rather the party burn if he loses, maybe he’ll prove me wrong.

Not sure about the bench, I don’t follow Dem politics enough to know who would be strong candidates. Guessing a Gov from say Penn or maybe JB or Newsom would be much better than Biden. At this point I’m a DeSantis lean, I just worry that Trump will trash him like we’ve never witnessed before, he won’t care, I really think he’d rather the party burn if he loses, maybe he’ll prove me wrong.
Chump is already trashing DeSantis.

Reactions: purduedavie
She’s angling for 28 or 32, possibly a VP slot as well. If DeSantis is the nominee she’d be a solid pick. It’s coming down to Trump and DeSantis, Trump knows this, that’s why he’s starting early and often on him. Those that don’t think Trump will do whatever it will take are mistaken, if he loses he’ll try to burn down the party, he doesn’t care about the Republicans, he cares about himself.
DeSantis/Haley won't work. Same geographics....need someone from a state that can garner votes from other areas, such as Sununu or Noem from South Dakota.

I told y’all a long time ago a Pence/Liz Cheney ticket would be intriguing. Or even a Pence/Romney ticket. However, the deplorables won’t go for any of that.

Would you go for either of those?
No, not really. Most conservative ideology don't jive with mine. However, if a republican ticket does win the 2024 election, I would hope it would be someone like Pence/Cheney or Pence/Romney. They seem to be decent folks. Instead of racist and jacked up folks like Chump, and DeSantis. Even Haley upheld white supremacy when she was very reluctant to take down the confederate statues and flags.

No, not really. Most conservative ideology don't jive with mine. However, if a republican ticket does win the 2024 election, I would hope it would be someone like Pence/Cheney or Pence/Romney. They seem to be decent folks. Instead of racist and jacked up folks like Chump, and DeSantis. Even Haley upheld white supremacy when she was very reluctant to take down the confederate statues and flags.
What is the single political ideology issue that you covet most importantly?

It looks like Bone is taking some time off from the never-ending task of trying to help you and bni understand the simplest things, so I will add a few comments to tide you over.

Of course it makes no sense in your illogical universe, but his position makes perfect sense to logical people. He may think Trump is the GOAT, but if he believes Trump would lose to Biden, Bone would act in the best interests of the country and support a different repub. Not that hard to understand, is it?

Again, in the best interests of the country, Bone will side with DeSantis in hopes of getting rid of our bumbling and incompetent potus.

Obviously, your mind is easily numbed.

Did Trump start a stupid war? Did he get us involved in a stupid and dangerous war with a nuclear power.?

What are some 'historic' things you think Trump should have done but did not? If you are going to keep up your knee-jerk criticism, tell us what major things you think he should have done but didn't?

A great economy? That is pretty impressive, right - but not impressive enough for you?

Only in your bizarre universe does your absurd rant here make any sense.

As things stand today, do you still feel discriminated against in any way? I don’t see anyones civil rights being compromised anymore, but maybe you do????
You see, through the lens of white privilege, most white people are oblivious to injustices to people of color unless it hits them in the face somehow. Most white people do not and never have lived in predominantly black neighborhoods. Talk to black people on a day to day basis. Raise black children. Have black friends or relatives. Listen to black radio talk show stations. Watch black TV shows and movies. Watch civil rights documentaries on PBS or the History Channel. Unless it is something that may hit mainstream news, you will not know, hear, or see how racism still exists in this country. You are probably telling the truth. If you are not part of the aforementioned, you may not see anyone's civil rights being compromised.

The Jim Crow laws, thanks to the 1964 and 1965 Voting Rights and Civil Rights bills are gone. However, since then, Jim Crow's more sophisticated cousin, James Crow Esquire is alive and well, by less subtle and abstract means. There is still housing discrimination, mortgage loan discrimination, racial profiling, police brutality etc. In addition, the voter suppression laws that started in red states after the 2009 election and escalated after the 2020 election clearly aimed at making it harder for people of color to vote. There is still two justice systems in the US, one for blacks and one for whites. Not to mention the so-called "Karens" that harass black people. May not seem to be a big deal but throughout history and even today, these "Karens" have gotten a lot of innocent black people harassed by police, arrested or killed.

You see, through the lens of white privilege, most white people are oblivious to injustices to people of color unless it hits them in the face somehow. Most white people do not and never have lived in predominantly black neighborhoods. Talk to black people on a day to day basis. Raise black children. Have black friends or relatives. Listen to black radio talk show stations. Watch black TV shows and movies. Watch civil rights documentaries on PBS or the History Channel. Unless it is something that may hit mainstream news, you will not know, hear, or see how racism still exists in this country. You are probably telling the truth. If you are not part of the aforementioned, you may not see anyone's civil rights being compromised.

The Jim Crow laws, thanks to the 1964 and 1965 Voting Rights and Civil Rights bills are gone. However, since then, Jim Crow's more sophisticated cousin, James Crow Esquire is alive and well, by less subtle and abstract means. There is still housing discrimination, mortgage loan discrimination, racial profiling, police brutality etc. In addition, the voter suppression laws that started in red states after the 2009 election and escalated after the 2020 election clearly aimed at making it harder for people of color to vote. There is still two justice systems in the US, one for blacks and one for whites. Not to mention the so-called "Karens" that harass black people. May not seem to be a big deal but throughout history and even today, these "Karens" have gotten a lot of innocent black people harassed by police, arrested or killed.
There is still a lot of racism in this Country and it is actually LAW.
You know the ERA!
And other racists actions that still go on.
Military recruiting quotas for Black's and Minorities.
College Admission quotas based on Black's and Minorites.
DBE Goal Requirements for federally funded projects for Black's and Minorities.
Obama tried but failed to only subsidize Black Farmers.
He wanted the White Farmers to Count Beans in a jar before he would pay them.
So please quit with the White Privilege BS.

You know the ERA!
Now who is the playing victim card now.

Obama actually succeeded and was able to get the money that was owed to the black farmers. Why are there separate money payouts to white farmers and black farmers in the first place? That is racism there in of itself Mr. Skydog.

Obama actually succeeded and was able to get the money that was owed to the black farmers. Why are there separate money payouts to white farmers and black farmers in the first place? That is racism there in of itself Mr. Skydog.
I’m certainly not aware of this.

My brother adopted a black son. My wife’s cousin adopted two black boys. Our family has not really experienced any racism with respect of the adopted kids. I spoke to my brother about it this afternoon and he confirmed none. I realize everyone has different experiences so others may while others may not.

All three of the boys are college educated and had no problem getting a good job.

You know the ERA!
Is your argument that there never should have been any programs to help minorities overcome the racism of the past? Or is it that those programs have accomplished their goals and are no longer needed?

Is your argument that there never should have been any programs to help minorities overcome the racism of the past? Or is it that those programs have accomplished their goals and are no longer needed?
He left out how affirmative action has helped more white women than any other group.

I’m certainly not aware of this.

My brother adopted a black son. My wife’s cousin adopted two black boys. Our family has not really experienced any racism with respect of the adopted kids. I spoke to my brother about it this afternoon and he confirmed none. I realize everyone has different experiences so others may while others may not.

All three of the boys are college educated and had no problem getting a good job.
Yep, everyone has different experiences. Thanks to the civil rights movement, civil rights laws, a lot of blacks are educated and have good jobs. I fall into that category. There are others that are not so fortunate. Discrimination as far as housing, mortgage, education are still issues blacks and other people of color face every day. White people won’t see this as they don’t have to deal with it.

Why were only Black Farmers owed money? Obama equity at work?
And the things I mentioned in my post are actual Government requirements.
I'll claim concern-not victim, I'm not whining just stating the obvious racism not your imaginary racism.
It's 157 years after the Civil War.

Why were only Black Farmers owed money? Obama equity at work?
And the things I mentioned in my post are actual Government requirements.
I'll claim concern-not victim, I'm not whining just stating the obvious racism not your imaginary racism.
It's 157 years after the Civil War.
You obviously do not know what racism if you accuse someone of racism when they are the ones bringing it up.

The black Farmers back in the 90s filed law suits to get money that only went to the white farmers. You can call it equity or whatever you want but Obama made the correction.

Since you know so much, why in the so and so are black farmers treated differently from the white farmers? A farmer is a farmer. If you say anything other than racism, then you don't know what you are talking about.

You obviously do not know what racism if you accuse someone of racism when they are the ones bringing it up.

The black Farmers back in the 90s filed law suits to get money that only went to the white farmers. You can call it equity or whatever you want but Obama made the correction.

Since you know so much, why in the so and so are black farmers treated differently from the white farmers? A farmer is a farmer. If you say anything other than racism, then you don't know what you are talking about.
No way did Black Farmers not get Farm payments if they qualified.
I currently own farm ground that I no longer get subsidies for. I lease it out and part of the contract gives the renter 100% of the payments. Others lease their ground and still get the subsidies, it depends on the contract and agreement.
Maybe that got an FHA or similar government loan and their payment goes to pay for their farm?
Maybe they have another financial lien on the payment.
There is no way the Government knows if you are white or black when it doles out farm subsidy checks.

Last edited:
Reactions: bonefish1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT