ADVERTISEMENT

Haley '24

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
I'm a little surprised at Haley's announcement to run in 24. Not because I don't think she's a solid candidate, but because I thought that DeSantis was the defacto nominee and him paired with any combination of Haley, Scott, Rubio, Gabbard, Cotton or Manchin would have won in a landslide regardless of who the dems put up.
Maybe some combination of Haley and DeSantis still works out?

I expect to see a dozen declared candidates before the first primary. If she's not willing to declare herself a candidate for President why would you want her for VP?

She’s angling for 28 or 32, possibly a VP slot as well. If DeSantis is the nominee she’d be a solid pick. It’s coming down to Trump and DeSantis, Trump knows this, that’s why he’s starting early and often on him. Those that don’t think Trump will do whatever it will take are mistaken, if he loses he’ll try to burn down the party, he doesn’t care about the Republicans, he cares about himself.

She’s angling for 28 or 32, possibly a VP slot as well. If DeSantis is the nominee she’d be a solid pick. It’s coming down to Trump and DeSantis, Trump knows this, that’s why he’s starting early and often on him. Those that don’t think Trump will do whatever it will take are mistaken, if he loses he’ll try to burn down the party, he doesn’t care about the Republicans, he cares about himself.
I don't think Trump will win the nomination. I'm not even sure why he'd want to aggravation when he can still be a very strong force behind the scenes.
I think DeSantis in '24 with Haley as VP, or vice versa is such a strong ticket.

I thought the republican party did not like identity politics. Nikki Haley, who doesn't use her real first name, Nimrata, stated in one of the first sentences that she was Indian. Where she is from, she talks about growing up where blacks and whites grew up on different sides of the track and that she was different. This woman is just as racist as any other republican as when as governor of SC she refused or was very reluctant to remove confederate flags and statues in the SC state capital. Just as a lot of republicans of late, she is talking from both sides. Trying not to alienate the ignorant Chump MAGA folks and trying to appeal to the non-MAGA republicans.

As racist as Chump is, DeSantis will be more dangerous. Since Chump is a functional illiterate, DeSantis is intelligent and racist.

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
I'm a little surprised at Haley's announcement to run in 24. Not because I don't think she's a solid candidate, but because I thought that DeSantis was the defacto nominee and him paired with any combination of Haley, Scott, Rubio, Gabbard, Cotton or Manchin would have won in a landslide regardless of who the dems put up.
The defacto nominee? Stay warm in your bubble.

Reactions: mdthornb
I thought the republican party did not like identity politics. Nikki Haley, who doesn't use her real first name, Nimrata, stated in one of the first sentences that she was Indian. Where she is from, she talks about growing up where blacks and whites grew up on different sides of the track and that she was different. This woman is just as racist as any other republican as when as governor of SC she refused or was very reluctant to remove confederate flags and statues in the SC state capital. Just as a lot of republicans of late, she is talking from both sides. Trying not to alienate the ignorant Chump MAGA folks and trying to appeal to the non-MAGA republicans.

As racist as Chump is, DeSantis will be more dangerous. Since Chump is a functional illiterate, DeSantis is intelligent and racist.
Everyone who doesn't vote democrat and do what MSNBC tells them is a racist. Am I right?

DeSantis, yes for the Pres nomination. Haley for VP would work. Or Youngkin, may be a better choice. Noem, yes for VP. No to Scott, Rubio. Prob need someone outside of Fla. Gabbard, Manchin, no. Not sold on Cotton. Scott, yes.

Big question will be “young and ill informed voters” blindly voting for Biden if he runs. Lost my thought process on other questions. Short term mem loss. Duhme.

Reactions: bonefish1

Ron Desantis fights to keep public schools open during Covid. Racist.
JB Pritzker and Lori Lightfoot and the CTU keep CPS closed over a year destroying the lives of thousands of black and brown kids lives...while their kids attend in-person private schools. Not Racist.

Ron Desantis fights for and expands school choice which greatly benefits black and brown kids and save them from failing schools. Racist.
JB Pritzker and Lori Lightfoot end school choice and sentence black and brown kids to failing schools. Not Racist.

Now let's do crime.

JB Pritzker and Lori Lightfoot and the CTU keep CPS closed over a year destroying the lives of thousands of black and brown kids lives...while their kids attend in-person private schools. Not Racist.

Ron Desantis fights for and expands school choice which greatly benefits black and brown kids and save them from failing schools. Racist.
JB Pritzker and Lori Lightfoot end school choice and sentence black and brown kids to failing schools. Not Racist.

Now let's do crime.
DeSantis whitewashes black history every chance he gets. Banning books. Banning AP African American history classes. That is racist. He is not the only Republican doing so. Red states have been doing this for decades.

• Haha

Now let's do crime.
DeSantis uses the power of his office and a submissive legislature for his culture war campaign, jumping on any and every social issue that pops up to endear himself to MAGAs like you. You guys don’t seem to mind when the government flexes its muscles when it’s a Republican. He’s actually trying to wipe out the AP program in Florida schools, all because of a new African studies course. Follow your leader…….actually he’s just following your lead.

• Haha
DeSantis uses the power of his office and a submissive legislature for his culture war campaign, jumping on any and every social issue that pops up to endear himself to MAGAs like you. You guys don’t seem to mind when the government flexes its muscles when it’s a Republican. He’s actually trying to wipe out the AP program in Florida schools, all because of a new African studies course. Follow your leader…….actually he’s just following your lead.
DeSantis is a total weirdo who is probably going to do poorly when he has to go outside his bubble in Florida and appeal to voters who want real issues solved.

DeSantis whitewashes black history every chance he gets. Banning books. Banning AP African American history classes. That is racist. He is not the only Republican doing so. Red states have been doing this for decades.
telling white kids that they're oppressors, should feel guilty about the past and should treat black people differently is racist.

telling white kids that they're oppressors, should feel guilty about the past and should treat black people differently is racist.
Therein lies the problem. What you just posted is pure Faux News rhetoric used as an excuse to not teach black history. Learning about black history is not teaching white kids that they're oppressors and to feel guilty. Learning about black history is simply that, learning about black history which is American history.

What is wrong with teaching about slavery in the US?
What is wrong with teaching about Harriet Tubman and the Underground Railroad that led many slaves to freedom?
What is wrong with teaching about some of the significant court cases about race like Plessy vs. Ferguson and Brown vs Board of Education?
What is wrong with teaching about Nat Turner's slave revolt?
What is wrong about teaching about black inventors and scientists like Benjamin Banneker, Louis Latimore, Garret Morgan, Katherine Johnson, George Washington Carver, etc.?
What is wrong with teaching about Rasa Parks refusing to give up her seat on a public bus to a white person?

Not teaching the aforementioned because you think white kids will feel guilty is whitewashing history. I suppose you don't want to teach about the "Trail of Tears" where Andrew Jackson marched Native Americans from the south to Oklahoma. Many died from blankets laced with smallpox. I suppose you don't want to teach about FDR putting Japanese Americans in internment camps during WW2. He sure didn't put German and Italian Americans in internment camps. That's for sure.

Therein lies the problem. What you just posted is pure Faux News rhetoric used as an excuse to not teach black history. Learning about black history is not teaching white kids that they're oppressors and to feel guilty. Learning about black history is simply that, learning about black history which is American history.

What is wrong with teaching about Harriet Tubman and the Underground Railroad that led many slaves to freedom?
What is wrong with teaching about some of the significant court cases about race like Plessy vs. Ferguson and Brown vs Board of Education?
What is wrong about teaching about black inventors and scientists like Benjamin Banneker, Louis Latimore, Garret Morgan, Katherine Johnson, George Washington Carver, etc.?
What is wrong with teaching about Rasa Parks refusing to give up her seat on a public bus to a white person?

Not teaching the aforementioned because you think white kids will feel guilty is whitewashing history. I suppose you don't want to teach about the "Trail of Tears" where Andrew Jackson marched Native Americans from the south to Oklahoma. Many died from blankets laced with smallpox. I suppose you don't want to teach about FDR putting Japanese Americans in internment camps during WW2. He sure didn't put German and Italian Americans in internment camps. That's for sure.
There's nothing wrong with discussing those topics. It's not the actual subject matter itself, it's the context in which it's taught, what message is being taught, are the teachings balanced, what message do they hope the students walk away with?

Do you think that topics like inner city violence, single mother birthrate, crime, the impact of rap/gang culture, etc, should also be covered?

There's nothing wrong with discussing those topics. It's not the actual subject matter itself, it's the context in which it's taught, what message is being taught, are the teachings balanced, what message do they hope the students walk away with?

Do you think that topics like inner city violence, single mother birthrate, crime, the impact of rap/gang culture, etc, should also be covered?
You are wrong as usual. You are just going by what Faux News and right wing radio are telling you. Using textbooks that call slaves "immigrants" is whitewashing history. Banning books on Rosa Parks and MLK is whitewashing history. They've banned books by Pulitzer Prize winner, Toni Morrison. There is no so called message being taught.

You keep bringing this up. In a history class, if they want to cover inner city violence and single mothers, etc. is fine. However, those topics are better suited for and are taught in social studies classes, sociology classes, and African American Studies classes.

• Haha
You are wrong as usual. You are just going by what Faux News and right wing radio are telling you. Using textbooks that call slaves "immigrants" is whitewashing history. Banning books on Rosa Parks and MLK is whitewashing history. They've banned books by Pulitzer Prize winner, Toni Morrison. There is no so called message being taught.

You keep bringing this up. In a history class, if they want to cover inner city violence and single mothers, etc. is fine. However, those topics are better suited for and are taught in social studies classes, sociology classes, and African American Studies classes.
First, I haven't read any of those books so can't comment specifically on what the message being taught in them is.
Second, if things like inner city crime, single mother birthrate, rap/gang culture are almost entirely a black issue, why shouldn't it be included in black history?

I don't think Trump will win the nomination. I'm not even sure why he'd want to aggravation when he can still be a very strong force behind the scenes.
I think DeSantis in '24 with Haley as VP, or vice versa is such a strong ticket.
Agreed, although there’s no way DeSantis would take on a VP role, he’d stay as Gov.

You don’t even know if Meatball is gonna run. If he doesn’t, you’re going to have to explain to the greatest ever why you’re crawling back to him.
He’s running, let’s be honest, a 45 year old DeSantis vs a 82 year old Biden isn’t the ideal D scenario. Biden could win but Trump would by far be the more desired matchup. I’m an Independent voter who voted Biden, I hope he doesn’t run again, enough is enough, time to let it go and bring in a younger candidate. A Dem Gov like a Shapiro from Pennsylvania or maybe JB or Newsome would be the much better pick.

He’s running, let’s be honest, a 45 year old DeSantis vs a 82 year old Biden isn’t the ideal D scenario. Biden could win but Trump would by far be the more desired matchup. I’m an Independent voter who voted Biden, I hope he doesn’t run again, enough is enough, time to let it go and bring in a younger candidate. A Dem Gov like a Shapiro from Pennsylvania or maybe JB or Newsome would be the much better pick.
He could be running. Probably can’t resist. So far he’s simply trying to avoid trump and take the high road. But that can’t and won’t last long if he runs.

He can surely beat Biden but people seem to foolishly think trump will go just away quietly if he loses the nomination. If he runs third party he’s handing the presidency to the dems. Or he could simply tell his lemmings to not vote, like he did in Georgia. Again, a gift to the dems.

It’s gonna be a sh/t show if Ron runs. The former trumpers will be twisting themselves into pretzels trying to pull for DeSantis without trashing the former greatest president ever.

Reactions: z_one
First, I haven't read any of those books so can't comment specifically on what the message being taught in them is.
Second, if things like inner city crime, single mother birthrate, rap/gang culture are almost entirely a black issue, why shouldn't it be included in black history?
Again, therein lies your problem. You and others do not read or learn anything about black people, black history, black events, etc. With today's technology, y'all don't even bother to Google these topics to learn more about them. There is no message in a book bout Rosa Parks. Pick up a book or Google Rosa Parks and you will learn about a black woman in 1955 on her way home from work, got on the bus. A white man got on the bus. The bus was full and the bus driver asked Rosa Parks, even though sitting in the "colored" section, to get up and give her seat to the white man. She refused and was arrested by the police. There is no message there.
Here is your homework. Google "Katherine Johnson mathematician at NASA". Read and learn about her life, particularly what she did at NASA, and come back here and tell us what you learned. By the way, there were a dozen or so other black women working at that time at NASA during the Gemini and Apollo programs who programmed the computers.

• Haha

I don’t consider myself a real social history expert but I am familiar with all the items you listed. These issues are taught, books written about them and television documentaries made!
There were many wrongs done to Irish, Italian, Chinese,Mexican etc., etc immigrants.
The colored race suffered most, most agree.
Most have assimilated and are doing quite well.
Complaining about the past and expecting continual reparations doesn’t help your argument.
It’s time to quit feeling sorry for your race, stand up and achieve the dream available to every American.

I don’t consider myself a real social history expert but I am familiar with all the items you listed. These issues are taught, books written about them and television documentaries made!
There were many wrongs done to Irish, Italian, Chinese,Mexican etc., etc immigrants.
The colored race suffered most, most agree.
Most have assimilated and are doing quite well.
Complaining about the past and expecting continual reparations doesn’t help your argument.
It’s time to quit feeling sorry for your race, stand up and achieve the dream available to every American.
Not once in my post did I complain about the past or even talk about reparations. You need to go to the beginning of my debate with the Boneman. I’m actually talking about the present. I brought up that DeSantis and other red states likes to banned books about black history. Boneman countered and said that these books talks about whites as being oppressors. Then I laid out what’s wrong with stuff I mentioned about black history. The bottom line is that you don’t know what you are talking about. Stay in your lane.

DeSantis is a total weirdo who is probably going to do poorly when he has to go outside his bubble in Florida and appeal to voters who want real issues solved.
Desantis appeals to 60% of Florida voters (that includes both Republicans and Democrats).

Find me a candidate that even remotely comes close to that level of bi-party support anywhere at the state or national level.

Again, therein lies your problem. You and others do not read or learn anything about black people, black history, black events, etc. With today's technology, y'all don't even bother to Google these topics to learn more about them. There is no message in a book bout Rosa Parks. Pick up a book or Google Rosa Parks and you will learn about a black woman in 1955 on her way home from work, got on the bus. A white man got on the bus. The bus was full and the bus driver asked Rosa Parks, even though sitting in the "colored" section, to get up and give her seat to the white man. She refused and was arrested by the police. There is no message there.
Here is your homework. Google "Katherine Johnson mathematician at NASA". Read and learn about her life, particularly what she did at NASA, and come back here and tell us what you learned. By the way, there were a dozen or so other black women working at that time at NASA during the Gemini and Apollo programs who programmed the computers.

First, you just summarized the entire Rosa Parks book in 2 sentences. Now I don't have to read it. (although something tells me there's a lot more in the book than just the incident on the bus).
Secondly, what's the purpose of me reading about some NASA employees who happened to be black? Am I supposed to be impressed that despite their skin colored, they got jobs at NASA? Maybe they didn't buy into the argument that their skin color mattered?

I received Tim Scott's book for Christmas, that's the next one on my night stand reading list. Will I learn something about black people and black history from his book?

What about Candace Owen's book "Blackout" Is that one I should read?

Reactions: BoilerJS
Not once in my post did I complain about the past or even talk about reparations. You need to go to the beginning of my debate with the Boneman. I’m actually talking about the present. I brought up that DeSantis and other red states likes to banned books about black history. Boneman countered and said that these books talks about whites as being oppressors. Then I laid out what’s wrong with stuff I mentioned about black history. The bottom line is that you don’t know what you are talking about. Stay in your lane.
It's because you're insinuating that a lot of the problems in black America are the result of the past. I would disagree.
But, you and I do agree on the fact that people need to help themselves, and some people are simply unwilling to do that (regardless of skin color). So, we do have some common ground there.

He could be running. Probably can’t resist. So far he’s simply trying to avoid trump and take the high road. But that can’t and won’t last long if he runs.

He can surely beat Biden but people seem to foolishly think trump will go just away quietly if he loses the nomination. If he runs third party he’s handing the presidency to the dems. Or he could simply tell his lemmings to not vote, like he did in Georgia. Again, a gift to the dems.

It’s gonna be a sh/t show if Ron runs. The former trumpers will be twisting themselves into pretzels trying to pull for DeSantis without trashing the former greatest president ever.
That’s the problem, Trump won’t play nice, everyone knows that. He’s already started in with the DeSantis groomer crap, like he has room to talk on morals. This will be interesting to see what happens. Also, I wish Joe would pack it in, when is enough enough with these people? Enjoy the rest of your life, running for President/running the country can’t be fun and the best for your health.

First, you just summarized the entire Rosa Parks book in 2 sentences. Now I don't have to read it. (although something tells me there's a lot more in the book than just the incident on the bus).
Secondly, what's the purpose of me reading about some NASA employees who happened to be black? Am I supposed to be impressed that despite their skin colored, they got jobs at NASA? Maybe they didn't buy into the argument that their skin color mattered?

I received Tim Scott's book for Christmas, that's the next one on my night stand reading list. Will I learn something about black people and black history from his book?

What about Candace Owen's book "Blackout" Is that one I should read?
You see that is your problem, you assume to much. You assume there is more in the book than than just the incident.

As far as Katherine Johnson at NASA, heck yeah you should be impressed with her and the dozen or so black women that worked there. You may not be impressed, but astronaut John Glenn was highly impressed. He famously said that he is not going up into space until Katherine Johnson checks the figures programmed into the computers. Katherine Johnson was a mathematician that calculated the exact trajectory John Glenn needed to to safely enter the earth’s atmosphere. If it wasn’t for Johnson, John Glenn would still be traveling in space at 18,000 mph. Or he would have burned to death during re-entry. I would highly recommend everyone to stream the movie called “Hidden Figures” to learn more about these women.

Perhaps you may learn something from Tim Scott’s book. I don’t jive with his politics but he may have a nice story to tell. For goodness sakes do not even think about getting a book from Candace Owens.

It's because you're insinuating that a lot of the problems in black America are the result of the past. I would disagree.
But, you and I do agree on the fact that people need to help themselves, and some people are simply unwilling to do that (regardless of skin color). So, we do have some common ground there.
You don’t agree because you don’t know any better. You have no concept on how events and decisions made by people decades or even centuries ago effect society today. You are reluctant to learn about any historical event or books because you assume it has some agenda you are afraid of. You would not be living wherever now if it wasn’t for someone in your family to make the decision to immigrate to the US.

You see that is your problem, you assume to much. You assume there is more in the book than than just the incident.

As far as Katherine Johnson at NASA, heck yeah you should be impressed with her and the dozen or so black women that worked there. You may not be impressed, but astronaut John Glenn was highly impressed. He famously said that he is not going up into space until Katherine Johnson checks the figures programmed into the computers. Katherine Johnson was a mathematician that calculated the exact trajectory John Glenn needed to to safely enter the earth’s atmosphere. If it wasn’t for Johnson, John Glenn would still be traveling in space at 18,000 mph. Or he would have burned to death during re-entry. I would highly recommend everyone to stream the movie called “Hidden Figures” to learn more about these women.

Perhaps you may learn something from Tim Scott’s book. I don’t jive with his politics but he may have a nice story to tell. For goodness sakes do not even think about getting a book from Candace Owens.
So, there was some smart women who worked for NASA. That's great. You seem to be more impressed that they're smart black woman. Why does them being black have to do with anything? What's skin color have to do with it.

As for Candace Owens, why doesn't her black experience matter?

So, there was some smart women who worked for NASA. That's great. You seem to be more impressed that they're smart black woman. Why does them being black have to do with anything? What's skin color have to do with it.

As for Candace Owens, why doesn't her black experience matter?
Because there story was never told until recently. This is one of the reasons that we have a Black History Month. This is how stories about these black women and other blacks in history get acknowledged. You always bring up every chance you get about blacks in the inner cities committing crimes and raised by single mothers. But you don’t seem interested in blacks that positively contribute to science and engineering. Or contribute, positively to society in other ways.

I asked you to learn more about Katherine Johnson. You failed.

Since this is Black History Month, why don’t you and others google Benjamin Banneker and Louis Latimore and learn about these folks.
P.S. There is no certain agenda by the way.

Last edited:
That’s the problem, Trump won’t play nice, everyone knows that. He’s already started in with the DeSantis groomer crap, like he has room to talk on morals. This will be interesting to see what happens. Also, I wish Joe would pack it in, when is enough enough with these people? Enjoy the rest of your life, running for President/running the country can’t be fun and the best for your health.
Yep, Joe needs to go. Even the majority of the dems feel that way. Problem is there’s no one to replace him on the ticket that appeals to most Americans.

The Republican campaign is gonna be crazy.

Saw today that any Republican that wants to be on the debate stage will have to sign a pledge to support the eventual nominee.

Wait for the pubs here to try and make that sound totally normal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT