ADVERTISEMENT

Gillis Commits!

Not that I can think of. As you said, it's been all Butler recently with Alford and Benson to IU prior to that.
Who is the scoring guard on New Castle? I only saw him once, but he had quite a game. Is he a division one recruit?

All the IU trolls downplaying his size LOL...………..not falling off my chair here.

247:
"Currently this pledge bumps Purdue up to No. 10 in the 247Sports team recruiting rankings, with the No. 2 class in the Big Ten. Look for the Boilermakers to continue to try and add shooting on the wing, and potentially even another big to round out what could be an impressive 2019 recruiting haul."

Great pickup. Has Purdue ever signed anyone from New Castle? I know Butler had a pipeline from there recently and it was Alford country before that.

Blair Guillion - Class of 1924 - All-American that played for Piggy Lambert

Raymond Jolly - Class of 1927 - Also played football for the Boilers

It’s been awhile.

Reactions: TX4GB
I have a bottle of cabernet from the Kokomo Winery in California, that I'm about to pop the cork on.
had a bottle of Spellbound Syrah yesterday and was in Napa during a week in December, had a great time esp. at Louis Martini's, Charles Krug and Freemark Abbey.

had a bottle of Spellbound Syrah yesterday and was in Napa during a week in December, had a great time esp. at Louis Martini's, Charles Krug and Freemark Abbey.
Kokomo Winery is owned by a Purdue Alum in Healdsburg .ca. I discovered it by happenstance while in California last week. The tasting room is adorned with Purdue and Kokomo decor

Kokomo Winery is owned by a Purdue Alum in Healdsburg .ca. I discovered it by happenstance while in California last week. The tasting room is adorned with Purdue and Kokomo decor
yeah..know a lady that knows him. she goes out there once a year I think...

Reactions: Fansince72
I clean the fields before it rains ... rain makes those kernals mold and sprout. Gotta get 'em in the fermenter before that. nothing worse than mold tasting white lightning.
I've got Jack, Makers Mark, Knob Creek and Bulleit in the freezer and Crown in the cabinet. Been drinking jack last two days....and right now! ;)

Had a Hawkins "rebellion" (reunion) in the church a bit ago and almost put some in my Boiler insulated glass with lid, but gave it a second thought. I had a 85 year old cousin that was a fighter pilot there. This morning he flew for 40 minutes a fighter plane and wanted to fly it upside down and do some twirls, but decided against it. I hope I'm as sharp and alert as he is when I'm 85!!! ;)

borrowed this from the gal in the white... ;)

I've got Jack, Makers Mark, Knob Creek and Bulleit in the freezer and Crown in the cabinet. Been drinking jack last two days....and right now! ;)

Had a Hawkins "rebellion" (reunion) in the church a bit ago and almost put some in my Boiler insulated glass with lid, but gave it a second thought. I had a 85 year old cousin that was a fighter pilot there. This morning he flew for 40 minutes a fighter plane and wanted to fly it upside down and do some twirls, but decided against it. I hope I'm as sharp and alert as he is when I'm 85!!! ;)
I'm cheap, cheap ... Evan Willliams bottled in Bond 100 proof is my go-to. Blantons if I win the lottery. My Dad turns 90 in Sept. Played golf three times this week, won $68... the next oldest in his group of 32 is 81

I'm cheap, cheap ... Evan Willliams bottled in Bond 100 proof is my go-to. Blantons if I win the lottery. My Dad turns 90 in Sept. Played golf three times this week, won $68... the next oldest in his group of 32 is 81
90 and golfing...if only we can be so lucky! :)

All the IU trolls downplaying his size LOL...………..not falling off my chair here.

247:
"Currently this pledge bumps Purdue up to No. 10 in the 247Sports team recruiting rankings, with the No. 2 class in the Big Ten. Look for the Boilermakers to continue to try and add shooting on the wing, and potentially even another big to round out what could be an impressive 2019 recruiting haul."

Where are all the IU trolls downplaying his size??? Just because people were discussing how big he is in comparison to Vince? Sounds like normal discussion to me. He’s a good pickup, don’t think anyone has said otherwise.

At least we’re not creating posts about top 5 ranked IU recruits just so we can downplay why scouts project him as a top 5 draft pick next year. Trying to act like he can’t play worth a crap and all the draft talk is only on potential. Sounds like a whole lot of little man syndrome to me.

Where are all the IU trolls downplaying his size??? Just because people were discussing how big he is in comparison to Vince? Sounds like normal discussion to me. He’s a good pickup, don’t think anyone has said otherwise.

At least we’re not creating posts about top 5 ranked IU recruits just so we can downplay why scouts project him as a top 5 draft pick next year. Trying to act like he can’t play worth a crap and all the draft talk is only on potential. Sounds like a whole lot of little man syndrome to me.

At least 2 IU trolls downplayed his size.

BTW, discussing Langford's LOFTY projections sounds like normal discussion to me. You IU turds better pray he is that good. It will surprise me if he is better than Eric Gordon was...…..but he is a good pickup! Scared man syndrome?

BTW, discussing Langford's LOFTY projections sounds like normal discussion to me. You IU turds better pray he is that good. It will surprise me if he is better than Eric Gordon was...…..but he is a good pickup! Scared man syndrome?
If you are talking about me being an "IU troll down playing his size", then you couldn't be more wrong. I was literally standing right there yesterday when Gillis was measured at IU. He is 6'6". That's not down playing his size. That's providing facts.

Reactions: IUbaseball10
If you are talking about me being an "IU troll down playing his size", then you couldn't be more wrong. I was literally standing right there yesterday when Gillis was measured at IU. He is 6'6". That's not down playing his size. That's providing facts.

Many other publications list him at 6'7" 220...…..even some of your own IU publications. You saw it with your own eyes while at IU? (shocker there!)…...I'll just consider the source and take it with a grain of salt.

Reactions: ibew481

Lol people were literally just discussing how tall he is, because some weren’t sure. Don’t get your panties in a bunch.

Yes, it is. But talking about how he’s only getting drafted on potential is a slap in the face to a kid who worked his butt off to be the best player in the state of Indiana and top 5 in the country. Nearly every kid who is ranked top 5 in his HS class ends up getting projected top 5 in the next year’s draft. It’s not any more lofty than any other kid of his ranking. You realize that 8 of the top 9 kids just drafted were freshman in college, right? And they were all highly ranked HS recruits, just like Romeo. No one is projecting him absurdly higher than he should be, it’s normal. I’m not scared of anything, just ready to watch my team play this fall, and I don’t need to talk down Purdue players to be excited about the season either.

Reactions: mathboy
I think he's the right size to play SMALL forward. My hope is that they don't try to transform him into a power forward. We have Evan for two years, and Williams to hold down that slot. and for some, Wheeler could play PF.

Although, I believe Wheeler and Gillis would make a great combination at the three.

Many other publications list him at 6'7" 220...…..even some of your own IU publications. You saw it with your own eyes while at IU? (shocker there!)…...I'll just consider the source and take it with a grain of salt.
How many of those publications have actually measured him? You can believe what you would like, but as of yesterday, he is 6'6".

Regardless, I'm not sure why you are making a big fuss over an inch. He projects to be a 3 in college no matter if he is 6'6" or 6'7".

Reactions: IUbaseball10
Lol people were literally just discussing how tall he is, because some weren’t sure. Don’t get your panties in a bunch.

Yes, it is. But talking about how he’s only getting drafted on potential is a slap in the face to a kid who worked his butt off to be the best player in the state of Indiana and top 5 in the country. Nearly every kid who is ranked top 5 in his HS class ends up getting projected top 5 in the next year’s draft. It’s not any more lofty than any other kid of his ranking. You realize that 8 of the top 9 kids just drafted were freshman in college, right? And they were all highly ranked HS recruits, just like Romeo. No one is projecting him absurdly higher than he should be, it’s normal. I’m not scared of anything, just ready to watch my team play this fall, and I don’t need to talk down Purdue players to be excited about the season either.

Now, who has there panties in a wad? LOL A size was given.....then a few of you trolls shrunk him. That's all.
Sounds like affirmation man syndrome to me? Hell I don't know...….why are you here again?

Now, who has there panties in a wad? LOL A size was given.....then a few of you trolls shrunk him. That's all.
Sounds like affirmation man syndrome to me? Hell I don't know...….why are you here again?

HAHA ok....someone gave info based on being there in person and seeing him get measured. If you don’t wanna believe that it’s up to you. As was mentioned, why do you care? It doesn’t really matter.

I’m here because I enjoy reading what’s said here from time to time. Then I saw people talking down a fantastic kid who’s worked hard to earn the accolades he has. Most people talking him down have probably never watched him play, nor do they care to. I can’t stand people that do that. I would never talk down Gillis or question if he’s any good based on his size or anything else, because I know nothing about him. He made the best decision for himself, good for him. Romeo did the same. Why the hate?

Reactions: BoilerIron
HAHA ok....someone gave info based on being there in person and seeing him get measured. If you don’t wanna believe that it’s up to you. As was mentioned, why do you care? It doesn’t really matter.

I’m here because I enjoy reading what’s said here from time to time. Then I saw people talking down a fantastic kid who’s worked hard to earn the accolades he has. Most people talking him down have probably never watched him play, nor do they care to. I can’t stand people that do that. I would never talk down Gillis or question if he’s any good based on his size or anything else, because I know nothing about him. He made the best decision for himself, good for him. Romeo did the same. Why the hate?

Hate? You're on a PU forum, and you are going to come over here and criticize the topics brought up here. In this case, Romeo Langford. So some people think he is over projected...……..why do you care? It doesn't really matter.
Just be glad the whole Adidas/Romeo's dad thing didn't get discussed again LOL

Hate? You're on a PU forum, and you are going to come over here and criticize the topics brought up here. In this case, Romeo Langford. So some people think he is over projected...……..why do you care? It doesn't really matter.
Just be glad the whole Adidas/Romeo's dad thing didn't get discussed again LOL

Go ahead, discuss it again. It seems Purdue fans love to discuss IU, even on the day that they pick up a commitment from a recruit. A surprising amount of posts on this forum discuss IU; for a fanbase that says they don't care about us, it seems like a lot. Believe it or not, on the premium forum at Inside The Hall, we really don't discuss Purdue that much. No big news over there at the moment, so I'm bored, that's why I'm here tonight.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Go ahead, discuss it again. It seems Purdue fans love to discuss IU, even on the day that they pick up a commitment from a recruit. A surprising amount of posts on this forum discuss IU; for a fanbase that says they don't care about us, it seems like a lot. Believe it or not, on the premium forum at Inside The Hall, we really don't discuss Purdue that much. No big news over there at the moment, so I'm bored, that's why I'm here tonight.
And yet you're here! Kinda hypocritical, but glad you stopped by anyway! Hope you learned something.

247:

You won’t find a bigger supporter of Purdue and Purdue athletics than me. Gillis is a 6’5” PF. He will be a solid role player imo. I’m glad he committed, but Painter needs to land serious talent in the 2019 class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT