ADVERTISEMENT

Gillis Commits!

You won’t find a bigger supporter of Purdue and Purdue athletics than me. Gillis is a 6’5” PF. He will be a solid role player imo. I’m glad he committed, but Painter needs to land serious talent in the 2019 class.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

All the IU trolls downplaying his size LOL...………..not falling off my chair here.

247:
"Currently this pledge bumps Purdue up to No. 10 in the 247Sports team recruiting rankings, with the No. 2 class in the Big Ten. Look for the Boilermakers to continue to try and add shooting on the wing, and potentially even another big to round out what could be an impressive 2019 recruiting haul."
But wait, the 'experts' on here keep telling us Painter can't recruit or develop players. You mean they were wrong again? I am shocked!

Reactions: Purdue85
But wait, the 'experts' on here keep telling us Painter can't recruit or develop players. You mean they were wrong again? I am shocked!
This is a thread about Purdue getting a really good young man, and you and pitbull are looking for any way to turn it into an argument.

However, since you clearly want it... has anyone said Painter can't develop talent? Has anyone said Painter can't recruit players outside the top 100? This commitment does nothing to prove the "Painter needs to be better in recruiting " posters wrong. If he adds Hall, TJD, Brooks, or another top 50 player to this class, feel free to come back here and throw it in our faces.

I'm far from being a Purdue fan but I'm a former New Castle resident and I've seen Gillis play quite a bit (from elementary to present).

He'a legit 6'6", maybe 6'7". He's really expanded his perimeter game over the last 18 months. He's now a solid 3 point threat. I think the comparison to Vince Edwards is a good one. Gillis can play that role and be an impact player for Purdue for four years.

More importantly, he's a great kid and really good student and will represent Purdue very well both on and off the court.

I wanted him to go to Butler but he obviously feels that Purdue is the best option for him and I hope he has a great career as a Boilermaker.

You won’t find a bigger supporter of Purdue and Purdue athletics than me. Gillis is a 6’5” PF. He will be a solid role player imo. I’m glad he committed, but Painter needs to land serious talent in the 2019 class.

If he’s 6’6” with shoes and you want to call him 6’5” you should take at least an inch off of every other recruit and college player. They all measure in shoes and a lot of them round up after that.

I’m not worried about whether he’s a PF or SF at 6’5”, I cant remember the last time a kid who was a high priority for Matt and committed to Purdue turned out to be a dud. Does Purdue have work left to do in its 2019 recruiting class? Yes, but so do most schools at this point and I trust Painter’s judgement on who he’s signed so far and his ability to close on Timme or another high profile recruit.

This is a thread about Purdue getting a really good young man, and you and pitbull are looking for any way to turn it into an argument.
No, we are just tired of people like you blasting Painter when clearly you have no idea what you are talking about and he keeps getting players in the NBA and pulling in the players he needs that are good and is successful.

However, since you clearly want it... has anyone said Painter can't develop talent? Has anyone said Painter can't recruit players outside the top 100?
Yes frequently during the season. Go back and look if you want, or just wait for the first loss we have.

This commitment does nothing to prove the "Painter needs to be better in recruiting " posters wrong.
Yes it does. But you being an iu fan and all won't see it anyway since it is so far over your head.

If he adds Hall, TJD, Brooks, or another top 50 player to this class, feel free to come back here and throw it in our faces.
I already have thrown it in your faces because what I posted is 100% accurate and you being so triggered proves the point.

However, since you clearly want it... has anyone said Painter can't develop talent? Has anyone said Painter can't recruit players outside the top 100? This commitment does nothing to prove the "Painter needs to be better in recruiting " posters wrong. If he adds Hall, TJD, Brooks, or another top 50 player to this class, feel free to come back here and throw it in our faces.
Seriously why stir the pot? It's very easy to just let those posts he does go and not respond.

He isn't wrong in a couple things he says in regards to what people have said about Painter over the years, but responding to a troll post is what derails things so often on here .

Reactions: mathboy
Seriously why stir the pot? It's very easy to just let those posts he does go and not respond.

He isn't wrong in a couple things he says in regards to what people have said about Painter over the years, but responding to a troll post is what derails things so often on here .
Once again, you choose to call me out instead of the guy that started all of this. I let pit's troll attempts go. It's clear they weren't going to stop until someone jumped in.

Reactions: IUbaseball10
No, we are just tired of people like you blasting Painter when clearly you have no idea what you are talking about and he keeps getting players in the NBA and pulling in the players he needs that are good and is successful.

Yes frequently during the season. Go back and look if you want, or just wait for the first loss we have.

Yes it does. But you being an iu fan and all won't see it anyway since it is so far over your head.

I already have thrown it in your faces because what I posted is 100% accurate and you being so triggered proves the point.
I'm not at all upset. I'm considering the source. I'm sure in your mind you truly believe you are 100% right.

Glad to have the Gillis commit.

Boiler Up.

I'm not at all upset. I'm considering the source. I'm sure in your mind you truly believe you
You're clearly quite triggered. And I know I'm right because it's happened so often on here. Again, you're an iu fan so I don't expect you to get it.

Once again, you choose to call me out instead of the guy that started all of this. I let pit's troll attempts go. It's clear they weren't going to stop until someone jumped in.
The first time I called you both out. This time I ignored the posts that we're clearly "bait" posts and focused on you for propagating them. See the difference?

I have news for you, you "jumping in" isn't going to stop them at all. It only makes the situation worse.

The first time I called you both out. This time ignored the posts that we're clearly "bait" posts and focused on you for propagating them. See the difference?

I have news for you, you "jumping in" isn't going to stop them at all. It only makes the situation worse.
If the initial posts had never happened, I would have no reason to respond. If you are only going to comment on my posts with your holier than thou attitude, then maybe it's time you put me on ignore.

If the initial posts had never happened, I would have no reason to respond. If you are only going to comment on my posts with your holier than thou attitude, then maybe it's time you put me on ignore.
You have no reason to respond whether the initial post happens or not. Everyone else pretty much ignored it so why can't you? It's not hard

Anyway, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. Carry on

I enjoyed you more when you argued with wolegab...this isnt quite the same...
Well you have to take in to consideration who I am arguing against. When they lack the cognitive ability to argue in the first place, then you aren't left with much to work with.

You have no reason to respond whether the initial post happens or not. Everyone else pretty much ignored it so why can't you? It's not hard

Anyway, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. Carry on
You will have to work a little harder to hurt my feelings. I just think it's BS that you are calling me and not the troll. Anyways, have a good day.

Boiler Up

I enjoyed you more when you argued with wolegab...this isnt quite the same...

it would appear he'd rather just argue with people than actually add any original thought or substance to this board. Talking about baiting or triggering somebody, you're not much better.

You people spend more time arguing with people and putting others down (Wolegab) than you do talking actual basketball related subjects.

Last edited:
I'm far from being a Purdue fan but I'm a former New Castle resident and I've seen Gillis play quite a bit (from elementary to present).

He'a legit 6'6", maybe 6'7". He's really expanded his perimeter game over the last 18 months. He's now a solid 3 point threat. I think the comparison to Vince Edwards is a good one. Gillis can play that role and be an impact player for Purdue for four years.

More importantly, he's a great kid and really good student and will represent Purdue very well both on and off the court.

I wanted him to go to Butler but he obviously feels that Purdue is the best option for him and I hope he has a great career as a Boilermaker.

Thank you for the kind remarks and the height clarification.

If you are talking about me being an "IU troll down playing his size", then you couldn't be more wrong. I was literally standing right there yesterday when Gillis was measured at IU. He is 6'6". That's not down playing his size. That's providing facts.

Just out of curiosity, why would a die hard PU fan be watching IU at their team camp in Bloomington? Am I not understanding this correctly? Serious question......maybe I missed out if you said you were a coach or affiliated with IU and PU somehow?

The next Purdue grad I meet that attended the IU team camp will be the first. You are a troll.
Wow, beat me to it by a few!
th

Just out of curiosity, why would a die hard PU fan be watching IU at their team camp in Bloomington? Am I not understanding this correctly? Serious question......maybe I missed out if you said you were a coach or affiliated with IU and PU somehow?
News flash, iu doesn't play at their team camp. It's a camp where high school teams around the state go to compete. New Castle (my former team) was playing Center Grove (my roommate's family member's team). We went to watch them play.

Go ahead, discuss it again. It seems Purdue fans love to discuss IU, even on the day that they pick up a commitment from a recruit. A surprising amount of posts on this forum discuss IU; for a fanbase that says they don't care about us, it seems like a lot. Believe it or not, on the premium forum at Inside The Hall, we really don't discuss Purdue that much. No big news over there at the moment, so I'm bored, that's why I'm here tonight.
You just don't understand the irony of you posting on the Purdue board about how little you care about us.

News flash, iu doesn't play at their team camp. It's a camp where high school teams around the state go to compete. New Castle (my former team) was playing Center Grove (my roommate's family member's team). We went to watch them play.

Thank you for the quick response.

Reactions: BoilerIron
Let me get this straight, Gillis was at an IU team camp and then the next day commits to Purdue? Sounds good to me .

Really glad to have Gillis commit. I think he will be a solid 4-year player that we will look back on very fondly after his 4-years are done. Very pleased to have him on the team!
I seem to remember someone saying something very similar when Vince committed.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Let me get this straight, Gillis was at an IU team camp and then the next day commits to Purdue? Sounds good to me .

Right, he came to an IU camp, hoping he might get an IU offer at the camp, he didn't, so he chose Purdue because they prioritized him and Indiana didn't. If he becomes a great player, that may have been a mistake on IU's part.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT