ADVERTISEMENT

Mason Gillis enters transfer portal

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him and Morton end up at Notre Dame or Ok State.

Hats off to the both of them. Gave everything they had to make our program better.

I look at them differently because they both graduated and will be Boilers for life.

Purdue forward and B1G 6th Man of the Year Mason Gillis has entered the NCAA Transfer Portal.

I'm saddened by this move....for the team. But happy for the New Castle guy who will be well compensated next season. And I hope Morton lands somewhere great for him. I'm sure CMP will help both.

The upside is that Painter may be able to keep the same core roster together for the next two seasons. (One of the factors that greatly benefited this year’s team is that pretty much the entire roster returned).

I hope that Mason finds a great fit for him and has a great super senior season. He should be in high demand!

I can understand Morton's decision. But with Gillis entering the portal, it could mean that he knows that Painter is looking at some others in the portal to bring to West Lafayette.

I can understand Morton's decision. But with Gillis entering the portal, it could mean that he knows that Painter is looking at some others in the portal to bring to West Lafayette.
Doubtful at this point. Still a scholarship crunch. We have to free one more scholarship somehow just to accommodate the incoming freshman class. Then we'd have to get another beyond that before the portal is in play. It could happen but I think it was determined long ago that Edey, Gillis, Morton, and Jones would not be coming back.

I believe Purdue is oversigned by 1 even with the expected graduation of Morton and Gillis.

Still don't have room for everyone. So I'd be shicked if there is a portal add. I think it was mutually agreed on awhile back they both wouldn't get an extra Covid scholarship at Purdue.

I heard throughout the year that he wanted to play next year, if Purdue has someone unexpectedly leave I wouldn’t be surprised if he returned, if not guessing ND or Butler for him. Don’t blame him a bit for wanting to get paid an extra year.

Good guy, terrible player, and zero titles.

But hey the only legacy a boiler can leave is “good guy”.

Never about winning anything.
TJD, JHS, Eric Gordon, DJ White, Yogi Ferrell, Oladipo, Juwan Morgan, Thomas Bryant fit this criteria as well, and all the other players IU has had In the last 37 years.

How do you guys waste so much NBA talent and not win anything?

Reactions: GregJM24 and z_one
TJD, JHS, Eric Gordon, DJ White, Yogi Ferrell, Oladipo, Juwan Morgan, Thomas Bryant fit this criteria as well, and all the other players IU has had In the last 37 years.

How do you guys waste so much NBA talent and not win anything?
Isaiah Thomas. A real legacy. You got nothing. Not a damn thing. Ouch that stings. Zero titles.

Isaiah crushed you in college and crushed you in the NBA. Title city boys! We do it on all levels!

Once again you are put in your place. A lot of yapping with no substance to back it up!

WHEEEEEEWWWWWEEEEEEEE BOYS! Owned again.

Isaiah Thomas. A real legacy. You got nothing. Not a damn thing. Ouch that stings. Zero titles.

Isaiah crushed you in college and crushed you in the NBA. Title city boys! We do it on all levels!

Once again you are out in your place. A lot of yapping with no substance to back it up!

WHEEEEEEWWWWWEEEEEEEE BOYS! Owned again.
Wasn’t alive then, so I wouldn’t know. Haven’t seen IU be good.

Your board would be embarrassed by you making 5 accounts.

Reactions: GregJM24 and z_one
Knew it was coming, but still hurts. One of my favorite Boilers. Was hoping he would just be done with basketball so we wouldn't have to endure him at a place like IU

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Knew it was coming, but still hurts. One of my favorite Boilers. Was hoping he would just be done with basketball so we wouldn't have to endure him at a place like IU
Oh, IU wins titles. Don’t have to worry about A dude scoring 0 points in 24 minutes coming over to a title school. Well a 5 title school.

We wouldn’t let that bum step foot on campus. Let alone take a glimpse at a banner.

• Haha
Reactions: z_one
Oh, IU wins titles. Don’t have to worry about A dude scoring 0 points in 24 minutes coming over to a title school. Well a 5 title school.

We wouldn’t let that bum step foot on campus. Let alone take a glimpse at a banner.
Your juvenile conversation means you've never seen a title by your school or should I say by IU.

We just went to a NC and little brother needs some validation by big brother. Let me know when you guys actually make the tournament.

There hasn’t been a single person alive to see Purdue win it all.

I mean how dumb are you with that argument?

I wasn’t alive. Hey genius, NOBODY has seen Purdue win. NOBODY was alive. So if that’s your argument, you are once again absolutely owned. I’m your daddy! I’m dominating all your threads and UConn still tapped that ass and IU has 5 titles.
How are you dominating? You’re making a fool of yourself by wasting your whole day, creating 5 accounts (so far) while talking back and forth to yourself, about something you’ve never witnessed and something that happened almost 40 years ago.

Your juvenile conversation means you've never seen a title by your school or should I say by IU.

We just went to a NC and little brother needs some validation by big brother. Let me know when you guys actually make the tournament.
Correction, you got embarrassed in the NC. IU has won 5 NC’s. Math is hard for you isn’t it.

Do you also think 60 is greater than 75? Is that why you think you accomplished something.

• Haha
Reactions: z_one

IU Won**** titles. One 80 years ago with 8 teams in the tourney. One 70 years ago with 20 teams in the tourney. And the most recent was almost 40 years ago, which you weren’t born yet. Keep thinking your team/program is at an all time high tho.

IU Won**** titles. One 80 years ago with 8 teams in the tourney. One 70 years ago with 20 teams in the tourney. And the most recent was almost 40 years ago, which you weren’t born yet. Keep thinking your team/program is at an all time high tho.
It’s easy to trigger people without titles. It’s ok bud, titles aren’t for everyone. Clearly not for Purdue.

Correction, you got embarrassed in the NC. IU has won 5 NC’s. Math is hard for you isn’t it.

Do you also think 60 is greater than 75? Is that why you think you accomplished something.
so you haven’t seen one….and starting to sense you don’t remember them in the NC in 2002 either

It’s easy to trigger people without titles. It’s ok bud, titles aren’t for everyone. Clearly not for Purdue.
Not triggered at all. It seems you’re the one triggered by creating 5 accounts to try and troll your rival all day after never seeing IU be successful in your lifetime. It’s ok, you may get to play in the BTT next year

Purdue was already oversigned and Gillis was leaving anyways. Gillis, Morton and Edey leaving puts Purdue at even. So others will have to leave for Painter to hit the portal.

Reactions: TMA62

You had a guy play 26 minutes and score 0 points. Not against UCONN, against Nebraska. Which you lost by 30. I can’t decide if your program or your mental health is in worse shape. Yikes.

Doubtful at this point. Still a scholarship crunch. We have to free one more scholarship somehow just to accommodate the incoming freshman class. Then we'd have to get another beyond that before the portal is in play. It could happen but I think it was determined long ago that Edey, Gillis, Morton, and Jones would not be coming back.
With Edey, Gillis , Morton, and Jones not returning, does Purdue have to have one more transfer to make room for the incoming recruit class?

Reactions: TC4THREE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT