ADVERTISEMENT

Gerad Parker hired by Duke

Because as far as the previous staff goes he was the anti-thesis of Hazell. An abject failure by all measurable standards, but I think people at least appreciate the attitude and work he put in.

Reactions: SKYDOG and rgarlitz
he was the best coach on a bad staff. he was also the best recruiter of some very bad recruiting classes. In contrast, he looks great. however, when comparing him to other coaches elsewhere, he was mediocre.

I wish him well like I wish hazell well. it didn't work out at Purdue. he now has a DUI. I have to believe other coaches and people on this have also driven under the influence but were not caught.

Reactions: boiler800
Wish him the best. He was in a no-win situation at Purdue. Nobody's receivers coach can carry the program. I hope he learns from the experience.

Count me as another who doesn't get why so many here are in love with him. Has to be the most popular coach without a win in Purdue history. In five years nobody will remember the name of the coach that bridged the gap between Hazell and Brohm.

The first time I saw this news "Parker to Duke" it took me a moment to realize that Parker wasn't some stud basketball recruit that Coach K just landed.

Reactions: PaBoiler78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT