ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs Mich St

Wolegib

All-American
May 23, 2013
I’m just curious. Is MSU really that much of a better destination or that much richer than Purdue?

Today MSU supposedly signed the Oregon St head coach to be their new head coach. I look at MSU and then I look at the last four coaches Purdue hired after Tiller. We hired Hope , then hired Hazell who was an assistant at OSU then hired Brohm who was a head coach at WKU and then hired Walters who was an assistant at Illinois.

This makes me wonder, is Purdue considered a bad coaching assignment? Is Purdue too cheap to attract name coaches?

As I look back I’m unsure if Purdue even interviewed any name or big school head coaches.

I look at MSU and I look at Texas A&M. And then I look at Purdue.

Money for sure. Purdue’s commitment to football has always been questioned. It has to pay for itself. I know the facilities have been upgraded. But I have wondered where and how the TV money is spent

I’m just curious. Is MSU really that much of a better destination or that much richer than Purdue?

Today MSU supposedly signed the Oregon St head coach to be their new head coach. I look at MSU and then I look at the last four coaches Purdue hired after Tiller. We hired Hope , then hired Hazell who was an assistant at OSU then hired Brohm who was a head coach at WKU and then hired Walters who was an assistant at Illinois.

This makes me wonder, is Purdue considered a bad coaching assignment? Is Purdue too cheap to attract name coaches?

As I look back I’m unsure if Purdue even interviewed any name or big school head coaches.

I look at MSU and I look at Texas A&M. And then I look at Purdue.
I posted on here about a month ago, when we hire CRW they posed the ? to the Fox guys on the round table and asked them about the hire, Mullen and Urban said it's a hard place to recruit to, the state doesn't produce alot of quality recruits and the ones it does go to nd, um, or osu

I posted on here about a month ago, when we hire CRW they posed the ? to the Fox guys on the round table and asked them about the hire, Mullen and Urban said it's a hard place to recruit to, the state doesn't produce alot of quality recruits and the ones it does go to nd, um, or osu
While I do agree that IN doesn’t produce a lot of high school talent, if you hit TX, FL and the south hard for athletes who aren’t quite top SEC talent, you can build a team that can compete.

Reactions: boilermaker75
Indiana has always produced a lot of lineman and some pretty good receivers. Unfortunately as was mentioned, they usually go elsewhere! I recall several years ago Purdue had a commitment form a 4 star receiver who decided just for fun to attend an OSU football camp. He was an outstanding player at the camp and walked away with an OSU offer and went to OSU and became a star.

But back to MSU vs Purdue. Their players are not that much better than the players Purdue recruits! But they seem to have no problems paying for and attracting big name coaches. I just don’t see the attraction. Given a choice, I would choose Purdue!

Reactions: boilermaker75
Indiana has always produced a lot of lineman and some pretty good receivers. Unfortunately as was mentioned, they usually go elsewhere! I recall several years ago Purdue had a commitment form a 4 star receiver who decided just for fun to attend an OSU football camp. He was an outstanding player at the camp and walked away with an OSU offer and went to OSU and became a star.

But back to MSU vs Purdue. Their players are not that much better than the players Purdue recruits! But they seem to have no problems paying for and attracting big name coaches. I just don’t see the attraction. Given a choice, I would choose Purdue!
Dan Gilbert is an alum and huge booster

Look at the results with coach Prime at Colorado, identical record to Purdue's without all that hoopla for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT