ADVERTISEMENT

Duke player gets hurt from court storm

You want all court storming banned, period? That wreaks of fun police killing a cool tradition.

Now when it’s clear the home team is going to win and we take measures to get the visiting team out of there? That’s a good idea.

Reactions: rgarlitz
Filipowski has to get helped off after what appears to be a collision from a fan. I suspect that since it took a Duke player to get hurt, we'll finally see action from the NCAA concerning this.

Something needs to be done. I'd like to see a rule where the home team forfeits if they storm before visiting team is off the court. Obviously this will take a bit of planning to work, but it will only take 1 forfeit to get the message across.

It's a safety Hazard that can seriously hurt someone. The school can arrange an open area if those animals want to jump around.

There’s an angle that shows him sticking his leg out to trip a kid and push him at the same time, which resulted in his injury. Honestly don’t even feel bad for him.

Reactions: Dryfly88
If I’m a Durham attorney, I’m trying to convince Flip to sue the Wake Forest athletic department. A few million dollar judgment might get schools to realize it’s ridiculously unsafe.
The fans can be seen on the sidelines ready to storm with zero security before the last inbound. That is ridiculous. I’m fine with the court storming but tell the fans to wait until the players are off the court. They didn’t even wait for the clock to expire.

Reactions: tbird2017
Different views below. Can’t tell if he’s pulling a Caitlyn Clark or not but either way, security/university was awful in this situation and shouldn’t allow the players to be caught up in this.

I have to believe fans can find a way to celebrate without storming the court or the field. You can have fun and celebrate without violence and destruction!

I have seen on several occasions where a home team was forced to forfeit a game because they could not provide a safe and secure venue. Perhaps if more schools were forced to forfeit their wins, they may take security and safety more seriously!

We live in an age where fans do stupid things. And for some reason those stupid actions are both accepted and encouraged!

Reactions: MetMyWifeAtHarrys
So he's a bit of an A hole; that doesn't counter the fact nobody should be put in that position.
This is correct. I also don't agree with Filip when he says later that it was intentional. That's just a bit of a cocky attitude from him.

Something needs to be done. I'd like to see a rule where the home team forfeits if they storm before visiting team is off the court. Obviously this will take a bit of planning to work, but it will only take 1 forfeit to get the message across.

Or the game is not officially over till the visiting team is in the locker room, or into an area where no fans can get to. Until then start calling a technical every 15 seconds when fans are on the court.. It will end up being a loss for the home team and it won't ever happen again. The fans will wait till there is an all clear signal to storm the court.

Like every thing in life there are easy solutions that could and should be implemented. And there are people in authority with the power to do something. But they would rather just talk and complain and do nothing until it’s too late!

How many more wake up calls do we need before action is actually taken? Are we going to wait until after the season is over? Are we going to form a committee? Hold a congressional hearing? Make it an election issue and wait until November? Appeal the decision?

A male player, at Duke nonetheless, gets hurt in the latest court storming, so now they will do something about it.

But not when Caitlin Clark got hit by a fan earlier.

Just a bad look across the board.

Reactions: Wolegib
You want all court storming banned, period? That wreaks of fun police killing a cool tradition.

Now when it’s clear the home team is going to win and we take measures to get the visiting team out of there? That’s a good idea.
Fun police? Injured players is your idea of fun?

Some of these games are decided in the final seconds. What then?

Apparently the SEC fines schools, and gives the $100,000 fine to the losing school. Purdue would be up $300,000 this year.

Reactions: boilermaker75
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT