ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA Tournament - First Round Games

Speaking of portal people, wish we had an obvious candidate to leave, I’d take this Gohlke kid on Oakland in a heartbeat lol

First game I watched, maybe he’s sucked all year. But looks to much like a dude to be on Oakland
Career 37 percent from three.

Gonzaga taking all those upset picks personally.
I wouldn’t hate seeing Gonzaga in elite 8. Fletch was a no show and I don’t really buy they are much better than beginning of year. Not a lot of front court depth. And it was a 10 point game but not particularly close. But who knows lol, just gotta get past our demons and Utah st/ TCU before we worry about it

Like them or not, Illinois could make a run.
Agreed- right now the Featherheads are totally un- fazed by a succession of mediocre to terrible starts.

You would think that will catch up to them sooner or later, but definitely not yet.

I wouldn’t hate seeing Gonzaga in elite 8. Fletch was a no show and I don’t really buy they are much better than beginning of year. Not a lot of front court depth. And it was a 10 point game but not particularly close. But who knows lol, just gotta get past our demons and Utah st/ TCU before we worry about it

Assuming you mean round of 16.

Speaking of portal people, wish we had an obvious candidate to leave, I’d take this Gohlke kid on Oakland in a heartbeat lol

First game I watched, maybe he’s sucked all year. But looks to much like a dude to be on Oakland
Gohlke and Couisnard .... Will we have one like them .... or will our opposition have one? It's one and done!

Gohlke now 10/19 from deep. Incredibly, he has only four two-point FG's all season. Exclusively a long-range sniper, and Kentucky is shadowing him, too.

Also, first player with 10 3-pt FG's in a NCAA Tournament game since Carsen Edwards in 2019.

Getting serious now. Gohlke makes two/three FT's, and it's 71-65, Oakland (14) over Kentucky (3) with just over three minutes left

Dang - Kentucky can shoot from deep...wow. 78-74, Oakland after an Oakland corner bomb. Holy cow. 29 seconds left.

Why do they call this March Madness?

Rupp Rafters crashed. Excessive traffic, or did the mods pull the plug on purpose?

Too many "guests" expressing their heartfelt condolences to accommodate?

c83e6db9-29d0-4e0f-96ae-204e23bdf456_text.gif

I tell you what...if we end up facing Kansas, 98% of America will have no problem with that alleged "friendly whistle" Edey supposedly gets.

What an absolute hose job by the refs against Samford. Kansas is always on the winning end of those types of calls.

Kansas got away with one again. That was a beautiful block. Samford would have still needed to score, but only down 1 with 20 seconds to go was very doable.
Wow. Just saw the highlights. Clean block and the announcers and Gene Steratore all said the same thing. Refs basically called it because the guy fell hard. Very similar to how they got the win over TCU this year. Insane that they can’t review and overturn a play like that.

Reactions: Dryfly88
Wow. Just saw the highlights. Clean block and the announcers and Gene Steratore all said the same thing. Refs basically called it because the guy fell hard. Very similar to how they got the win over TCU this year. Insane that they can’t review and overturn a play like that.
I doubt we will get to a point where they can overturn foul calls, but maybe? I guess as long as there is clear possession after the foul, you could. But boy, that would open up all kinds of issues with the refs changing foul calls. Last night was for sure a clear miss, but most are more grey than that one was. Could be interesting. I'm in the camp of the fewer "reviews" we have the better. I just think it ruins any flow to the game. But if I'm a Samford fan I'm not saying that this morning!

Kansas got away with one again. That was a beautiful block. Samford would have still needed to score, but only down 1 with 20 seconds to go was very doable.

Unfortunately, no way Toupee Bill aint getting that call....immediate flashback to thinking it would have been nice for Purdue to get a call on a somewhat similar play in '90, second round in the old Hoosier Dome. Oh well.

Looks like it will be Kansas/Gonzaga for a trip to Detroit. Based on what I saw yesterday, IF Purdue makes it to the next weekend, I'd say it will be facing off against Gonzaga.

Nice comeback for Samford - forced 18 Kansas turnovers - but when they didn't, Kansas scored seemingly at will in stretches.

you-really-got-me-upset-redd-foxx.gif

Last edited:
Unfortunately, no way Toupee Bill aint getting that call....immediate flashback to thinking it would have been nice for Purdue to get a call on a somewhat similar play in '90, second round in the old Hoosier Dome. Oh well.

Looks like it will be Kansas/Gonzaga for a trip to Detroit. Based on what I saw yesterday, IF Purdue makes it to the next weekend, I'd say it will be facing off against Gonzaga.

Nice comeback for Samford - forced 18 Kansas turnovers - but when they didn't, Kansas scored seemingly at will in stretches.

you-really-got-me-upset-redd-foxx.gif
I was watching other games, but looking at the box score, Dickerson came back and had a big impact.

Colgate with a lot of cavities in its defense today - Baylor boat racing so far, up 54-34 at the half.....not much intrigue in that one.

I suggest Ultra Brite.....

hHTS0-1565373719-2657-blog-angels_ultrabrite.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT