ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA Tournament - First Round Games

Purdue Grad in Texas

All-American
Mar 22, 2010
Feel free to give your thoughts, observations, and anything else for TH and Friday games.

Duquesne (11) and BYU (6) - East locked in a good one with the Duke up 58-54 at the 4:00 mark. Could be the first significant upset brewing.

Long Beach State (15) and Arizona (2) 33-all with just over three minutes remaining first half - West bracket.....we shall see.

Duquesne hanging tough - up three with possession and 44 secs left.

Last time they were in the NCAA tournament, this guy was handling the rock for them....

s-l1600.jpg

The rest of the games being played right now are pretty much going towards being blow-outs.

I can't believe I picked BYU in the work pool. I went back and forth 10 times. My wife said to pick Duquesne since she felt sorry for them on how they spell/pronounce their school name. How do you argue with such logic? At least she didn't pick them for the color of their uniforms.
BYU is now 1 - 11 when trailing in a game w/ 5 mins to go

Reactions: GemstateBoiler
It is the Shannon Jr. show for Illinois. Domask has zero points with 3.5 minutes left in the first half. Never figured that would happen.

UNC/Wagner game is a joke. Did I hear Wagner only has 7 scholarship players available? Trying to figure out how the lowest seeded #1 got matched up with these guys. Kenpom has Wagner as the worst team in the tourney, by a long shot.

UNC/Wagner game is a joke. Did I hear Wagner only has 7 scholarship players available? Trying to figure out how the lowest seeded #1 got matched up with these guys. Kenpom has Wagner as the worst team in the tourney, by a long shot.
Wagner - #290 NET
Grambling #279 NET

Wagner - #289 KenPom
Grambling #260 KenPom

2 really bad teams for sure

Reactions: Old Gold n Black

They were in a play-in game with Howard. They do look severely outmatched, but I've been flipping games constantly now.

I just don't like Illinois. I think the combination of Shannon/Mouthbreather/Gibbs just won't let me cheer for them. I normally like Underwood, but his team this year just isn't for me.

Who’d have thought that it would be Dain Dainja that would break the game open for the Illin? He was a difference maker!

Reactions: tjreese
Not good to be a #6-seed so far this year. A lot of people took Oregon - underperforming #11-seed with some talent - up on South Carolina by 14, under 10 minutes.

East Chicago Central's Jermain Couisnard is tearing apart his former team. 29 points as Oregon has been in cruise control.

Reactions: Mobes
Like them or not, Illinois could make a run.

They should get past Duquesne, which would put them in Boston.....if seeds otherwise hold, would get Iowa State in the East Regional Semi - IF that were the match-up......could be a doozy of a game.

Speaking of portal people, wish we had an obvious candidate to leave, I’d take this Gohlke kid on Oakland in a heartbeat lol

First game I watched, maybe he’s sucked all year. But looks to much like a dude to be on Oakland

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT