ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA Tournament - First Round Games

Newman 0 for today. Aways liked him but he just couldn’t develop any consistency. Apparently had same problem at WK.

WKU’s #4, is a former IU 5 star recruit. Flanders.
the simpsons react GIF

Reactions: rgarlitz
This second half version of Marquette could buck the expert picks, especially with Kentucky headed back to Lexington. Kolek, Jones, and Mitchell have been terrific.

I'm not impressed with the officiating so far. Samford got utterly robbed at the most crucial time. They would have been down 1 with the ball on the run 5 on 4. That was a gift to Kansas

New Mexico got obliterated by bad calls. Every call went in the favor of Clemson. Superbly physical game where Clemson pummeled New Mexico with no call, then New Mexico broke wind and gets called for an offensive foul and turnover.

Lots of double digit seeds fighting hard. A few upsets (not as many as last year) but a ton of comebacks where a team came back from 20+ down and either made a game out of it or won altogether

The disparity is not as wide as it used to be.

#14 Oakland took out Kentucky
#15 Western KY ran with Marquette until the very end
#10 Colorado currently up 10 over Florida
#13 Yale tied with under 3 minutes left
#12 UAB almost clipped #5 SD State
#11 Oregon upset
#11 Duquesne upset
#11 NC State upset
#10 Drake so close, but not quite
#10 Nevada so close but not quite
#9 Northwestern OT upset

Anything can happen in March

I'm not impressed with the officiating so far. Samford got utterly robbed at the most crucial time. They would have been down 1 with the ball on the run 5 on 4. That was a gift to Kansas

New Mexico got obliterated by bad calls. Every call went in the favor of Clemson. Superbly physical game where Clemson pummeled New Mexico with no call, then New Mexico broke wind and gets called for an offensive foul and turnover.

Lots of double digit seeds fighting hard. A few upsets (not as many as last year) but a ton of comebacks where a team came back from 20+ down and either made a game out of it or won altogether

The disparity is not as wide as it used to be.

#14 Oakland took out Kentucky
#15 Western KY ran with Marquette until the very end
#10 Colorado currently up 10 over Florida
#13 Yale tied with under 3 minutes left
#12 UAB almost clipped #5 SD State
#11 Oregon upset
#11 Duquesne upset
#11 NC State upset
#10 Drake so close, but not quite
#10 Nevada so close but not quite
#9 Northwestern OT upset

Anything can happen in March
Yale up 1 with the ball. 1 minutes left double bonus for Yale, fouls to give against Auburn still.

Yale doing everything wrong in the last 15 seconds. That's why you don't foul up four.....alternating possession almost did them in.

However, Yale survives after Auburn misses two FT's to tie and then two scramble shots......crazy!

SEC - Kentucky, Auburn, South Carolina, Florida, and Mississippi State all knocked out in first round haymakers.

Last edited:
The SEC's rough start keeps getting rougher. South Carolina, Kentucky, Florida, and now Auburn have all fallen to double-digit seeds.

In fairness, Florida was a 7/10 game. Kentucky and Auburn were big upsets.

Cornhuskers better tighten it up big time.....after an early lead, they're down 16 (58-42) to Texas A & M with under a minute to go first half. Ouch.

they got their Rutgers offense going for them but Wahl was gifted 2 FY's right before the half

They also had 13 first half turnovers - average less than 10 a game.....that's the big difference and missing a bunch of close range (but contested) shots, from what I saw when I switched over.

Hepburn and Klesmit are both 0fer at halftime.

I guess they have 20 minutes to figure it out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT