ADVERTISEMENT

For those that wanted a big change...

Well, I didn't expect them to but, unlike you, I'm not a charter member of the Les Miles Fan Club. Amazingly, at least they did have a "tougher" non-conference schedule than iu - Kansas played a P5 opponent (along with Coastal Carolina and FCS Indiana State)
You know, this isn't a competition with Les and Brohm. It's really not. While I do like Les, and would have liked him here, it didn't happen. You know, I like the Bears....but when New England's playing I cheer for them too.

You know, this isn't a competition with Les and Brohm. It's really not. While I do like Les, and would have liked him here, it didn't happen. You know, I like the Bears....but when New England's playing I cheer for them too.

TD, I don't have any hard feelings toward you. To be candid, you've brought it on yourself with your incessant animosity toward Brohm. Criticism is fine. Unending finding of fault with no recognition toward anything positive ... that's what's causing a lot of the grief you're getting re Les Miles. You might try being even-handed.

Reactions: jindy

Ok
You never answered one question I had re the car picture - Fast Lane Classics?

TD, I have some really bad news for you: It doesn't matter how much time you, I, or anyone else "give this coaching staff..."

When it comes to how much time Brohm is given, your opinion just doesn't matter. Nor does mine. As much as you hate it, Jeff Brohm is the head coach, and he will continue to be the head coach as long as his employer has confidence in him and approves of his work.

Dude, I appreciate so many of your posts, but this topic (Brohm) has sent you over-the-edge, batsh*t crazy. The positives that are occurring have been well documented for you, yet you continue to come here to just crap all over him. We get it. You hate him.

You say you're not bashing anyone, but you are. Your posts reek of "bashing" any posters with differing points of view. Your posts incessantly bash Brohm.

Nothing is going to be done to Brohm at this time. Get used to that idea.
Actually, as I've stated many times here....I HONESTLY DO NOT HATE THE MAN....I don't know him. And I've also posted THAT I HOPE HE SUCCEEDS at Purdue. Boiler nation needs some FB success. Miles isn't here and I've moved on about that when he wasn't hired. I simply thought that Purdue could have done better with a different hire, just as you and others believe you could and should have a different defensive guy. Year three, IMHO, should be better than year's one and two and should have had enough good recruits to offset most of the injuries.

It's funny how Brian Brohm has been able to make a competent offense without the "studs" as you say. And no one expected this to be a world beating defense due to injury. But it was really, really bad, even against teams with bad offenses (Northwestern). Scheme was bad and we saw little development, especially in the secondary where injury wasn't so much a factor...

During the course of this season did the offense leave the defense in a hole? As I've said, I won't bash the players because in 99% of the situations, it wasn't their fault. And, if I'm honest, I can't blame it all on Holt because of the talent he was given to work with.

As I asked earlier, why has Brohm stuck with him and why did he hire him?

Actually, as I've stated many times here....I HONESTLY DO NOT HATE THE MAN....I don't know him. And I've also posted THAT I HOPE HE SUCCEEDS at Purdue. Boiler nation needs some FB success. Miles isn't here and I've moved on about that when he wasn't hired. I simply thought that Purdue could have done better with a different hire, just as you and others believe you could and should have a different defensive guy. Year three, IMHO, should be better than year's one and two and should have had enough good recruits to offset most of the injuries.

Reality is that years 1 and 2 records were somewhat better than the roster makeup should've produced. The lack of much contribution (and even viable warm bodies) from the upperclassmen on both lines finally caught up this year. Absent bringing in a bunch of juco and/or grad transfers before this season and the one prior, the weak/low level classes have had to work their way through and out of the program. And bringing in those guys would actually hamper development of the guys currently from the last couple of recruiting classes. Overall, Purdue(and obviously Brohm) didn't inherit the depth and quality along the lines that peers at iu or(especially) Minnesota did - and it showed this season in all cases. Good news is the line recruits currently on the roster from the last 3 classes are finally developing (physically and as units) so things will continue to get better from here on out.

I hope you don't mind my follow up.

This is a PERFECT example. We had precious few stud upperclassmen. It seemed as though, all the leadership and experience we had went down and were lost for the season (early on). I don't care who you are, you just don't replace people like that. And your inability to see that is where you put the target on your own back.

Now... as to the "hate" Brohm... that's simply me poking at you. A few weeks (?) back, you asked, "why do you love him so much?" Which, I thought was just incredibly odd, as I've never professed a "love" for Brohm; simply an understanding of the monumental setbacks he's faced, along with the unbelievable early success. So, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Turnabout, and all that.

Most of us have blind spots. This is one of yours. As long as you continue to turn a blind eye toward any progress being made and fail to have a balanced view, you'll likely continue to get "poked" for your Les Miles infatuation, and your sheer HATRED of Brohm.

Reactions: jindy
I hope you don't mind my follow up.

This is a PERFECT example. We had precious few stud upperclassmen. It seemed as though, all the leadership and experience we had went down and were lost for the season (early on). I don't care who you are, you just don't replace people like that. And your inability to see that is where you put the target on your own back.

Now... as to the "hate" Brohm... that's simply me poking at you. A few weeks (?) back, you asked, "why do you love him so much?" Which, I thought was just incredibly odd, as I've never professed a "love" for Brohm; simply an understanding of the monumental setbacks he's faced, along with the unbelievable early success. So, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Turnabout, and all that.

Most of us have blind spots. This is one of yours. As long as you continue to turn a blind eye toward any progress being made and fail to have a balanced view, you'll likely continue to get "poked" for your Les Miles infatuation, and your sheer HATRED of Brohm.
Time will tell won't it. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT