ADVERTISEMENT

Ethan Morton - Don't forget

Never compare IT to LewJack. They aren’t in the same stratosphere from a ball handling perspective. One is a shooter- the other is the best ball handler Painter has had.
Didn't mean to trigger you again. Do you know what a stalker is?

1. JI
2. SS
3. MG :)
4. TW :)
5. ZE :)

:)

Btw, Lewis Jackson is 5'.10" tall, & Isiah Thompson is (listed at) 6'.1" tall. That would make Thompson three inchers taller than Jackson. I'll tell you more later. I apologize for triggering you.

I'm sure glad you are ignoring me, like you have said you were going to do, SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE.

1. JI
2. SS

Btw, Lewis Jackson is 5'.10" tall, & Isiah Thompson is (listed at) 6'.1" tall. That would make Thompson three inchers taller than Jackson. I'll tell you more later. I apologize for triggering you.

I'm sure glad you are ignoring me, like you have said you were going to do, SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE.

And like I’ve explained “SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE”- I DID put you on ignore a long time ago. Continue being ignorant as to how this site actually works though.

• Haha
Reactions: West James
And like I’ve explained “SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE”- I DID put you on ignore a long time ago. Continue being ignorant as to how this site actually works though.
My fault, I had no idea I wasn't allowed to post messages on the same board as you. It won't happen again.

Again, sorry about triggering you again. I may wonder on over to the politics or general discussion board.

Have a wonderful day

Sincerely

Not sure I agree with the B1G body part, (Lewis 'Action Jackson' & others similar to him got it done previously at this level) but his D needs to improve this season, if he wants/gets more minutes, & I believe it will. It looks like the reason he doesn't get more minutes, is mainly because of his defense. I do like his attitude though. He seems willing to improve where he needs to. What more can one ask for? His improvement will probably be tied closely to his minutes this season. I see him improving.
Lewjack was built like a running back. Same with Carson. IT is built like Hunter, only shorter and skinnier. Ha ha.
When IT was in the game, the other team would immediately go iso and take IT into the lane. At 5’11, 145, he just doesn’t have the mass to prevent getting bodied.

1. JI
2. SS

Gonna have to disagree with you here. That lineup would be a total disaster.

Unless this was some kind of inside joke I missed, lol.

I dont care what Brian says, believe it or not we can form our own opinions. I believe Brian just mentioned some weird metric about points allowed per possession or something with no context at all. Who cares? Watch with your eyes lol. Bonefish summed up Thompson well above:

"IT is a spot up 3 pt shooter. Doesn’t have a B10 body and gets targeted on D. It is what it is."
I have watched with my eyes. He is a better defender than people give him credit for.

Reactions: MLB007
If Morton makes a big jump from last year and can take ITs spot and eat into Hunters minutes, that’s a really good sign.
"... good sign."

Unless you're Hunter or IT. EM will probably be here longer from now, but it will be interesting to watch unfold. All in all, I thought EH played pretty good last season. The pg battle between IT & EM should be much more interesting.

Nope- IUhillbilly has been relentlessly promoting that starting lineup for many weeks now. It got old a month ago.
Sorry coach, won't happen again. Btw, I don't promote it on game one, but eventually, it may pay dividends, especially having Edey in there. Edey is definitely one of our top five players. Sorry I triggered you, again.

Have a wonderful day coach

Lewjack was built like a running back. Same with Carson. IT is built like Hunter, only shorter and skinnier. Ha ha.
When IT was in the game, the other team would immediately go iso and take IT into the lane. At 5’11, 145, he just doesn’t have the mass to prevent getting bodied.
You just said IT can't stay in front of/guard the guy he's guarding, because of his build/body type. Not true, he may get bullied around more/physically dominated more by being slight of build/not as muscular as some/others, but he can still be a better defender than he is, & it has less to do with his build, than his techniques/distancing/body placement/positioning & effort. I've seen guys with his build play acceptable defense before, at this level & others.

You make it sound like he has to change his body build, just to play better/acceptable defense. He doesn't. Would it help if he were more muscular than now? Probably, if he kept his quickness, but it wouldn't necessarily help the way he plays defense, or the techniques he uses, distancing/body placement in relation to the player being guarded & effort.

Last edited:
Never compare IT to LewJack. They aren’t in the same stratosphere from a ball handling perspective. One is a shooter- the other is the best ball handler Painter has had.
What on earth does your gibberish have to do with the defense IT plays??? Tell us what triggers you, & maybe we can avoid it/you.

IT moves his feet and overall does a good job staying in front of his man. Sasha, Newman, and Mason get blown by way more than he does. Good offense players can go over and through IT but those same guys are usually the ones blowing by Sasha. Neubert has said over and over that we have a ton of skilled players but that its going to be hard for our current roster to ever be elite defensively. Outside of EH and Jaden our guys have to rely on discipline, film, and help to cover good players.
I like Sasha, but at one point last season I started calling him the air traffic controller on defense. He seemingly helps the jump shooter land the ball safely into the basket with his closeouts.

I like Sasha, but at one point last season I started calling him the air traffic controller on defense. He seemingly helps the jump shooter land the ball safely into the basket with his closeouts.
..., but he is better at low post passing/getting the ball to TW & ZE (at the proper time & placement) than any other player on the team, & he shoots pretty good from long distance. If we didn't have SS on this team, we would feel the negative effects very, very soon.

Reactions: northside100
..., but he is better at low post passing/getting the ball to TW & ZE (at the proper time & placement) than any other player on the team, & he shoots pretty good from long distance. If we didn't have SS on this team, we would feel the negative effects very, very soon.
Yes, he helps spread the floor for sure, especially at home.

IT is 6'.1" & 160#s. Where did you get "5'.11" & 145#s"?

Regardless, it/his defensive woes have much more to do with him being out of position (defensively), than his body build, weight or physique. You don't need to be built like Jim Rowinski to play good defense, thank God. Ricky Hall & many others will prove that, time & time again.

I agree that there was a lot of blame to go around for defensive failings last year. Especially at the end of the season. Very uncharacteristic of Purdue teams.

They may have been reading some of the posts on this board and started believing that defense doesn't matter.

You just said IT can't stay in front of/guard the guy he's guarding, because of his build/body type. Not true, he may get bullied around more/physically dominated more by being slight of build/not as muscular as some/others, but he can still be a better defender than he is, & it has less to do with his build, than his techniques/distancing/body placement/positioning & effort. I've seen guys with his build play acceptable defense before, at this level & others.

You make it sound like he has to change his body build, just to play better/acceptable defense. He doesn't. Would it help if he were more muscular than now? Probably, if he kept his quickness, but it wouldn't necessarily help the way he plays defense, or the techniques he uses, distancing/body placement in relation to the player being guarded & effort.
I didn't say he couldn't stay in front of his man. I said he gets isolated and backed down into the lane. There's not a whole lot he can do to be a better defender. He's 5'11, 145.

• Haha
I didn't say he couldn't stay in front of his man. I said he gets isolated and backed down into the lane. There's not a whole lot he can do to be a better defender. He's 5'11, 145.
Most teams don’t have a PG who can efficiently post up.

For example, when we play IU I’m not worried about Top-Knot Tuesday backing anyone down.

Reactions: Level 42
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT