ADVERTISEMENT

OT: That was brutal. I'm over Caitlin.

boilerman101

True Freshman
Nov 11, 2011
Just realized, I like ladies NCAA and HS, but WNBA
sux. Caitlin was great at Iowa, but in WNBA she s diluted. New York undressed Indiana 102-66. Fever scored 10 in the 4th. +/- Clark -24, Boston -33. More power to the people who were scarfing up $200+ tickets. Breanna Stewart is tough. CC was 1-7 from 3. Let the excuses fly. Gotta protect the golden goose. ...lol

Last edited:
sux. Caitlin was great at Iowa, but in WNBA she s diluted. New York undressed Indiana 102-66. Fever scored 10 in the 4th. +/- Clark -24, Boston -33. More power to the people who were scarfing up $200+ tickets. Breanna Stewart is tough. CC was 1-7 from 3. Let the excuses fly. Gotta protect the golden goose. ...lol
She's tough but she's physically overmatched right now. She better hit the weight room.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Haven’t really ever watched a WNBA game, but I’d assume she needs a bit of time to adjust. Are they guarding her one on one? She may struggle this season but I’m sure she will dominate next year.

Wasnt' hard to figure she was going to struggle. She's not especially athletic and going against some world class athletes that are both longer AND quicker. She'll adjust, but she's not going to be the huge star that she was at Iowa.

Haven’t really ever watched a WNBA game, but I’d assume she needs a bit of time to adjust. Are they guarding her one on one? She may struggle this season but I’m sure she will dominate next year.
I agree. I painfully watched a bit of both. Connecticut and New York are both veteran squads that game planned to take Clark out of the game. This year will be a learning and adapting experience. I would imagine there’s a love/hate relationship between the rest of the WNBA towards Clark. Love the ticket sales and viewership, but jealous of the attention given a player that has accomplished zero as a professional.

The current popularity is just spillover from her days at Iowa. It’s going to fade extremely quick. At the end of the day the wnba is just not an entertaining product to watch. That league has not turned a profit even once since its inception.

The current popularity is just spillover from her days at Iowa. It’s going to fade extremely quick. At the end of the day the wnba is just not an entertaining product to watch. That league has not turned a profit even once since its inception.

I enjoy women's golf and really like watching women's volleyball, but the WNBA is just hard to stomach.

• Haha
Reactions: Tommaker
The WNBA season has to be brutal for someone like Clark who played in the college season's last game, then to have the whirlwind of the draft, outside commitments, practice, preseason, and then go right into the season with little to no time off. And, then be the focus of every team that have bigger, stronger, faster, quicker players than she is used to playing against. So, it's unfair to judge her at this point. She will be better when, as with all athletes, the game slows down for her. I definitely think she'll be better in year two when she is fully acclimated to the league and goes through proper conditioning.

There is one difference, younger girls because of Clark are interested, no doubt it will fade some, however, going forward the league should do better and better. I agree, it’s not my thing either.

That Fever defense is omg awful.

You gotta think her popularity is going to wane some given that team looks uncompetitive and generally unwatchable.

That is extremely offensive to the WNBA sir.

Your penance shall be four "Who's house?" and 8 Hail Purdue's.
Happy College Basketball GIF by Purdue Sports

Reactions: BoilerAndy and BBG
Well, beginning the season against 2 of the 3 best teams from last year is a little rough. Listening to some of Christie Sides comments, I do not like the vibe of this team already. Caitlin is a brand-new rookie; it is going to take some time to adjust and to start being more consistent. Never thought she was going to be dominant from the gate. I have a lot of respect and admiration for what CC accomplished at Iowa, so I will continue to follow her career and wish her the best.

There is one difference, younger girls because of Clark are interested, no doubt it will fade some, however, going forward the league should do better and better. I agree, it’s not my thing either.
Whatever popularity they gained I would guess will continue with ncaa ball, not wnba. Not only does the product suck, a lot of them have nasty attitudes that will not resonate with young Caitlin Clark fans.

• Haha
Reactions: Russ Ford
Whatever popularity they gained I would guess will continue with ncaa ball, not wnba. Not only does the product suck, a lot of them have nasty attitudes that will not resonate with young Caitlin Clark fans.
I hope people fill up Gainbridge all summer watching her play…. though I will not be one of them.

Reactions: Heads up BOILER
How are they jamming it down your throat? Is someone holding your eyes open forcing you to watch?
Hope you don’t always take things so literal all the time but just to humor you…Sports Social media accounts that never posted about it before are suddenly posting tons of content about it. Amazon has ads left and right when I turn on my fire tv. Espn app adding more headlines than usual about it. So yeah sure, I guess my eyes are being shown it without wanting to watch. Thankfully, I can scroll on by or stop following that account or tell the platform I don’t want to see this account.

At this rate the Fever will complete strongly for a 3rd #1 pick in a row. They just are not very good so far. Hopefully, they learn how to play together soon.

Last edited:
Well, beginning the season against 2 of the 3 best teams from last year is a little rough. Listening to some of Christie Sides comments, I do not like the vibe of this team already. Caitlin is a brand-new rookie; it is going to take some time to adjust and to start being more consistent. Never thought she was going to be dominant from the gate. I have a lot of respect and admiration for what CC accomplished at Iowa, so I will continue to follow her career and wish her the best.
She had a good game today. They got beat again. And Stewie set a mean pick on CC that flattened her. She will adjust. She showed a little more today. Im
Rooting for her

She had a good game today. They got beat again. And Stewie set a mean pick on CC that flattened her. She will adjust. She showed a little more today. Im
Rooting for her
Rooting for her too and so should all of the WNBA players. She has changed the game for them so much already.

Def. has to be tough to go from a full long season at the D1 level and playing into the championship game in March madness, get drafted, have a few practices and then be expected to do the same thing as in college but vs the best players in your field…all within, what? 1-2 months?

Reactions: pboiler18
Wonder why you enjoy those 2. I have a pretty good idea. Don't blame you either
I mean, come on man....red blooded American male here, so yeh, there's that, Ha ha,
But, I think it's because I appreciate how hard golf is, and other than the course being longer, female golfers are incredibly skilled at their game.
I like vball because one of my daughters plays at a high level and if you watch someone like Chloe Chiconne from Purdue, you'll get an appreciation for what an explosive athlete some of them are.

lols is right :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT