ADVERTISEMENT

***Election results thread***

This is a pretty good outcome for 2 years, if Republicans hold on to Senate. The Senate Republicans won't have to answer daily questions about Trumps tweets. On the flip side the Senate Republicans are about ready to face a 2 year firestorm of negative media coverage. They are going to get blamed for anything and everything. The last 4 years the media for the most part has left them alone (other than constant questions for Trump) because all their fire was directed at Trump.

The Senate map isn't good for Republicans in 2022, So still have to be worried about wack job policies, packing court etc etc in last two years of Biden.
Usually a new president loses seats in the House in the first midterm.

Reactions: BSIT
Also, massive kudos to Mike Pence for being an adult last night.
If Trump loses it may prove to be a blessing in disguise for his 2024 run. He won't be tied to Trump and there will be time for Biden to prove whether he will be good or not.

• Haha
Reactions: LedZep17
I am most curious about this. How did they know to give the Trump voters Sharpies? Were they tapping their "microwaves" like that dastardly Obama did to Trump in 2016 to identify voter preference and put them on the Sharpie list? Were Trump voters asked to identify themselves at the writing instrument distribution center at the Poleing (sic/tic) place? I am most curious as to how the Dems/deep state/China/MSNBC/Obama/Hillary was able to achieve this stunning subterfuge . . . I have a sense by the time this is all over Trump will be claiming that the Russians hacked into the voting machines to change votes to Biden because he was so incredibly tough on Russia (or was it the Ukrainians? I can never remember who the boogeyman actually is . . . )
Surprised you can't keep track of it, Barker Esq., because our 'intelligence' people said the CCP wants Obiden to win, so that is the real boogeyfascist.

If Trump loses it may prove to be a blessing in disguise for his 2024 run. He won't be tied to Trump and there will be time for Biden to prove whether he will be good or not.
Pick a better candidate in 2024...my $.02 along with a more sound Dem that isn't showing signs of dementia.

Would be shocked if Pence was the GOP candidate in 2024. Wasn't he a surprise for VP?

Reactions: Bill4411
Usually a new president loses seats in the House in the first midterm.
That is correct. Haven't looked at house map. But Senate map is pretty brutal for Republicans in 2022. Colorado, Nevada, and New Hampshire were the only somewhat purple states I could find for democrats up for reelection (and those three definitely lean left). The rest is far left states.

Republicans meanwhile Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Florida etc etc.

I've been going through and crunching numbers for the various states that are still up in the air district by district.

Based upon the HUGE caveat that the current polling percentages stay relatively the same as what they are now and you apply those numbers to the percentage of the vote not tallied:

Biden wins Wisconsin (pretty much already been called)
Biden wins Nevada.....barely (<5000 votes)
Biden wins Arizona
Biden wins Michigan
Biden loses Pennsylvania
Biden loses NC, but not by much (<15,000)

Georgia is going to be really really close. By my count, Joe's got at least another +90,000 to +100,000 net votes headed his way in all of the current blue-leaning districts. It's really going to come down to whether the ~1% to ~5% of the remainder red-leaning counties make up that ~10,000 to ~20,000 votes that would need to offset the additional 90/100,000 votes Biden is getting (he is currently down about 79,500 votes)
If your numbers are correct,Biden wins with 270 electoral votes.Wow!;

Reactions: Bill4411
That is correct. Haven't looked at house map. But Senate map is pretty brutal for Republicans in 2022. Colorado, Nevada, and New Hampshire were the only somewhat purple states I could find for democrats up for reelection (and those three definitely lean left). The rest is far left states.

Republicans meanwhile Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Florida etc etc.
I think Richard Shelby in Alabama will be 86 in 2022,but if he retires Bama is so red the GOP should be able to hang on there.Charles Grassley of Iowa will be 89 then,so he may go for an eighth term and become a midwestern Strom Thurmond.I wont bet on the Dems gaining Senate seats in 2 years since they blew good chances four years ago to pick some up and did again this year.The National Democrat party is full of losers and here in Indiana they are way out of touch,under financed ,and super losers.

Assuming we don't find out anything really bad about her, i'd think that would be a winning plan. Everything i've seen/heard about her sounds good.
Too late. It has already been claimed that she changed her name from Nimrata to Nikki, proving she is racist.

Pick a better candidate in 2024...my $.02 along with a more sound Dem that isn't showing signs of dementia.
Trump will be back. All the support that got him elected in 16 and almost elected in 20 will still be there in 24, only more so as people can compare him to the bungling that is to come.

Why would he go away? He obviously has enjoyed being the prez.

I think Richard Shelby in Alabama will be 86 in 2022,but if he retires Bama is so red the GOP should be able to hang on there.Charles Grassley of Iowa will be 89 then,so he may go for an eighth term and become a midwestern Strom Thurmond.I wont bet on the Dems gaining Senate seats in 2 years since they blew good chances four years ago to pick some up and did again this year.The National Democrat party is full of losers and here in Indiana they are way out of touch,under financed ,and super losers.
Yeah I was talking about potentially vulnerable Republicans in 2022.....not safe Republicans like Grassley and Shelby.

Would be shocked if Pence was the GOP candidate in 2024. Wasn't he a surprise for VP?

While I certainly welcome it, I imagine even the GOP and their voters know this is equivalent to pulling the pin and then sitting on the frag.

Pence was a carrot for the pro-lifers/evangelical vote in 2016 and to give the illusion to traditional Republicans that he was the yang to Trump's yin that could balance him out. It was a massive failed experiment that left him looking out of place in this Admin, being just flat-out awkward and uncomfortable at times. Unfortunately for Pence, he's largely damaged goods now. He'll exit as being just another one of Donnie's failed props. Any future endeavor for him will be just that... a failed prop. Maybe Right to Life will take him.

While I certainly welcome it, I imagine even the GOP and their voters know this is equivalent to pulling the pin and then sitting on the frag.

Pence was a carrot for the pro-lifers/evangelical vote in 2016 and to give the illusion to traditional Republicans that he was the yang to Trump's yin that could balance him out. It was a massive failed experiment that left him looking out of place in this Admin, being just flat-out awkward and uncomfortable at times. Unfortunately for Pence, he's largely damaged goods now. He'll exit as being just another one of Donnie's failed props. Any future endeavor for him will be just that... a failed prop. Maybe Right to Life will take him.
When there is a massive failed experiment on Republican side you see a blue wave. Didn't see that. Despite a pandemic, Republicans picked up seats in house. Looks like Republicans held the senate. Looks like Trump lost a close election.

Pence wouldn't be my first choice, but he isn't damaged goods. We heard that nonsense about Republican Senators being damaged goods....and would be swept out in a blue wave. Didn't happen.

Reactions: Matt Tiger and BSIT
Of course this election would be a freaking mess, it is 2020 after all.

So Arizona is back in play? WTF?

Maybe we should just check back in mid December and see if anyone has figured this out yet.

Looks like a SNL skit
"Biden Crime Family" is really catching on, and understandably so. Maybe T shirts, mugs, and so forth in time for the holidays?

Hey BNL, did you think that one up too?

Yeah I was talking about potentially vulnerable Republicans in 2022.....not safe Republicans like Grassley and Shelby.
Ok I agree.The Republicans did very well with supposedly vulnerable Senators again this year so dont bet on any Democrat gains in the upper house in 2022.

Tough likely loss for John James in Michigan. Over 5 millions votes cast, down 12,000 with 99% in. Gave it a good run, hopefully runs again, a good candidate. Tough state for a Republican to win a senate seat.

Reactions: BSIT
:D:p

m_5cebe9d3afade8f9fff62693.jpg

Mike Pence will never be president the United States of America
Someone should get that info to him as it will save him a lot of trouble.

You would have said the same about Kam Harris at the start of 2020, when she had been forced to drop out of the dem primary for her sputtering campaign, right? Now she is planning to take over in the coming year, as soon as Joe has to resign or is removed.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
Someone should get that info to him as it will save him a lot of trouble.

You would have said the same about Kam Harris at the start of 2020, when she had been forced to drop out of the dem primary for her sputtering campaign, right? Now she is planning to take over in the coming year, as soon as Joe has to resign or is removed.
Are you another Qanon nut job?

Reactions: myleshandley
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT