ADVERTISEMENT

Lebron Hill flips from Louisville to Purdue

DubJellison

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 26, 2022
Good news. Not trying to be a negative Nancy here, but I really don't like the following quote from the article. Unfortunately it's more the way of the world. The word commitment doesn't mean what it used to.

“Yeah I think they still have a chance,” Hill told National Recruiting Analyst Greg Smith after his trip to West Lafayette. “Just because I'm committed, coaches have to stay consistent and keep recruiting while I continue to work on my craft!"

Good news. Not trying to be a negative Nancy here, but I really don't like the following quote from the article. Unfortunately it's more the way of the world. The word commitment doesn't mean what it used to.

“Yeah I think they still have a chance,” Hill told National Recruiting Analyst Greg Smith after his trip to West Lafayette. “Just because I'm committed, coaches have to stay consistent and keep recruiting while I continue to work on my craft!"
Yep. Hard to get excited about any commitment nowadays, let alone one that basically says his recruitment is still open despite “committing”.

It works both ways. Coaches pull their offers all the time. So if they don’t commit they may lose their offer.

Last edited:

These are young kids, who say things that are not the best.

I like this quote from Hill when he spoke with Steve Wilfong,

“I think Purdue will be successful because they’re building something special,” Hill said. “They’re a really good coaching staff and people are gonna see that real soon.”

Welcome to the wonderful world of the NIL. You cannot get excited about any recruit now days until they get on campus. Even then, they might be gone the next year in the Transfer portal.

The NCAA committee that decided the details of the NIL and Transfer portal must have been on something when they came up with these rules. It seems like there was no thought put into this at all.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the NIL. You cannot get excited about any recruit now days until they get on campus. Even then, they might be gone the next year in the Transfer portal.

The NCAA committee that decided the details of the NIL and Transfer portal must have been on something when they came up with these rules. It seems like there was no thought put into this at all.

I don’t know it makes the off season interesting. Without the wonderful world of NIL, I do not think 2024 roster for Purdue would have turned as much as it did from the 2023 roster.

CRW and his staff are young, energetic and willing to dive into this world without hesitation.
Nyland Green was a 5* recruit when he committed to Georgia. If we had gotten Nyland Green into Purdue as a freshmen, it would have been a big deal for us to get a 5* recruit. Now he is on our team this season.

If a player gives us 2 years, I think that is good enough. This is college, not NFL, where the roster constantly turns. It might be rare for us to see a freshmen come in and develop into his senior season.

In my opinion, it makes the season more exciting. Illinois and Indiana stepped up their NIL game based on how aggressive they are in recruiting this season.

Not a fan of Jim and his homer Indiana takes, but I do find Dylan Sinn insightful.

Yesterday, Lebron Hill flipped to Purdue, Indiana flipped a WR, Davion Chandler from Illinois.

Here is a video regarding the flips.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT