ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern returning

With Eastern returning, I now think we could have the best backcourt in the BIG. Add Wheeler and Haarms, and I think we have a top 3-4 team in the BIG.

MSU will also be good, as will UM. Indiana loses Morgan, so they may boil down to the Romeo show. Romeo is not going to enjoy meeting Mr Eastern. We cannot overlook Nebraska either. They might surprise.

I haven’t looked hard at the BIG schedule, but schedule advantages have determined the champion the last few years. For example, MSU won the season, but the two best teams played for the tourney championship. This was validated by MSU’s poor NCAA tourney games. Given a balanced BIG schedule and some good luck, I think we might even win the BIG.

Morgan will actually be returning for his senior season at IU. Scary thought as he could be some senior leadership that helps develop their freshman class that is coming in.

Reactions: mathboy
Indiana loses Morgan, so they may boil down to the Romeo show. Romeo is not going to enjoy meeting Mr Eastern. We cannot overlook Nebraska either. They might surprise.

I haven’t looked hard at the BIG schedule, but schedule advantages have determined the champion the last few years. For example, MSU won the season, but the two best teams played for the tourney championship. This was validated by MSU’s poor NCAA tourney games. Given a balanced BIG schedule and some good luck, I think we might even win the BIG.
Indiana is not losing Morgan. He also withdrew from the draft.

@Treed1967, All Purdue fans Welcome back Nojel to PU, along with Carsen, great things gonna happen this year, we gonna surprise some folks for sure! How you feelin’ about this process that your son went thru, just curious how Nojel feel about it also.
Y’all have a Great day, Boiler Up!

Reactions: Purdue11
@Treed1967, All Purdue fans Welcome back Nojel to PU, along with Carsen, great things gonna happen this year, we gonna surprise some folks for sure! How you feelin’ about this process that your son went thru, just curious how Nojel feel about it also.

Seriously?

Nojel's mom...just like anyone else in the universe has the right to choose to be on this board, but nearly everyone agrees that a player's parent(s) -- for their own sanity! -- should stay off fan message boards. We fans tend to be overly high when things are going well, and overly low when the team struggles. Player's parents need to be a stable force for their kid and not get wrapped up with a bunch of knuckleheads dissecting the actions of 18-22 year old kids. It's too easy for a single poster's idiotic comment to be cemented into a parent's head, and then lead them to think that the entire fanbase doesn't respect their child. It's not healthy for the parent or the player.

On the positive, a parent can feel good when an uninformed fans says positive things about junior...but there's too much of a tendency to defend junior when some knucklehead thinks (correctly or not) that the kid has flaws/weaknesses in his game.

It's just not healthy OR productive.

If you know her personally, then directly contact her...not on a public forum.

Last edited:

Seriously?

Nojel's mom...just like everybody else in the universe has the right to choose to be on this board, but nearly everyone would agree that a player's parent(s) (for their own sanity!) should stay off fan message boards. We fans tend to be overly high when things are going well, and overly low when the team struggles...player's parents need to be a stable force for their kid and not get wrapped up with a bunch of knuckleheads dissecting the actions of 18-22 year old kids.

On the positive, they parent can feel good when an uninformed fans says positive things about junior...but there's too much of a tendency to defend junior with some knucklehead thinks (correctly or not) that their kid has flaws/weaknesses in his game.

I can't believe that you've tagged her in an attempt to drag her back here. smh
She has been commenting on other posts, what’s wrong with asking her feelings on this process, if you don’t like....C ya, just curious how her and Nojel feel, neither one of my sons were NBA material, simple question is all, don’t read more into it. Oh, by the way, she doesn’t have to respond if that’s her choice, relax

She has been commenting on other posts, what’s wrong with asking her feelings on this process, if you don’t like....C ya, just curious how her and Nojel feel, neither one of my sons were NBA material, simple question is all, don’t read more into it.

Yes, she's been on this board and it was NOT a positive. She's also replied that she'd not come back here...but now you've directly tagged her. Again, she has the right to be on here if she chooses, but it's nearly universally believed that it's not good for the player or the parent to be on a fan forum. What do you not understand? C'ya

Yes, she's been on this board and it was NOT a positive. She's also replied that she'd not come back here...but now you've directly tagged her. Again, she has the right to be on here if she chooses, but it's nearly universally believed that it's not good for the player or the parent to be on a fan forum. What do you not understand? C'ya
I think you are off your Meds, relax, a simple question, maybe a reply, maybe no reply. C ya Board Moderator. HaHa. Boiler Up!

Ok - I’m officially JACKED for next season!!!

Though all the Little Peegies keep saying THIS is the year IU will be way better than us...
IU will be a mid-pack at best sweet 16 type team next year. They have one really good one and done player and not a ton else.

Now watch all the triggered iu trolls come here and comment.

Seriously?

Nojel's mom...just like anyone else in the universe has the right to choose to be on this board, but nearly everyone agrees that a player's parent(s) -- for their own sanity! -- should stay off fan message boards. We fans tend to be overly high when things are going well, and overly low when the team struggles. Player's parents need to be a stable force for their kid and not get wrapped up with a bunch of knuckleheads dissecting the actions of 18-22 year old kids. It's too easy for a single poster's idiotic comment to be cemented into a parent's head, and then lead them to think that the entire fanbase doesn't respect their child. It's not healthy for the parent or the player.

On the positive, a parent can feel good when an uninformed fans says positive things about junior...but there's too much of a tendency to defend junior when some knucklehead thinks (correctly or not) that the kid has flaws/weaknesses in his game.

I can't believe that you've tagged her in an attempt to drag her back here. smh

If you know her personally, then directly contact her...not on a public forum.
I don’t see anything wrong with his post...she was just posting on here last night...

You’re being a jerk.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
Reactions: ChoiceBeef
A circle is, by definition, unbroken.

I was hoping this particular circle would finally be broken, but I see it has not. I'm not sure I want to know what the future will bring. most of us know what this circle looked like last year. it was ugly. and I'm seeing signs the circle is being re-forged.

Reactions: FirstDownB
Well they have been way better than us for years. I don't know why we even keep trying.
I know what you mean. It’s like we see those Candy stripes and just lose our water. God help us We have to play them twice next year.

No doubt tommy Luce will have significant minutes at the end trying to rescue the team.

Went well he got great feedback so did I now it’s back to the lab we go. His time has come.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT