ADVERTISEMENT

“Secret” Scrimmage with Cincinnati

You’ve done your homework and you still think Loyer averages 14 a game?
HOw are you feeling now about Loyer? You were very quick to put me in my place early on and I even said " within time he would average that" He seems to be doing that now. Told you I did my homework. Even if it doesn't continue every night, he is showing he is REALLY good.

HOw are you feeling now about Loyer? You were very quick to put me in my place early on and I even said " within time he would average that" He seems to be doing that now. Told you I did my homework. Even if it doesn't continue every night, he is showing he is REALLY good.
What I liked the most was how he showed up in a very physical game. As the weakest (presumably) guy on the floor it would not be unusual to be overwhelmed and disappear.
Instead he led us in scoring.
Couple years on the weights and this kid is going to be hard to deal with. :)

Reactions: lovelyblonde
What I liked the most was how he showed up in a very physical game. As the weakest (presumably) guy on the floor it would not be unusual to be overwhelmed and disappear.
He really is an amazing player! I try to do a little research on my own, before I say too much about a player. I thought these freshman would be really good and although not perfect, they play like upper classmen.

Reactions: Poprudy
Several of Loyer's HS games were televised his junior and senior year. His junior year (when not playing Furst's team) he was the best player on the floor, including teammate All-Star Luke Goode, now at Illinois. But Goode took the pressure off of Loyer, allowing him to show what he could do. His senior year was excellent, but opposing defences were specifically designed to stop him. They threw everything at him and he still got his stats.

Reactions: lovelyblonde
ADVERTISEMENT