ADVERTISEMENT

David Bell WR

I doubt it will happen, but it would be great to get him to verbal on Tuesday. With Bell, Moore, Taylor, Sparks, Anthrop, and Anderson, our WRs would create a little fear in BT secondaries.
Yeah. Also almost right after the state game in basketball he tweeted he will be committing soon. So I like he’s visiting in a couple days. So we shouldn’t have to wait too much love

I doubt it will happen, but it would be great to get him to verbal on Tuesday. With Bell, Moore, Taylor, Sparks, Anthrop, and Anderson, our WRs would create a little fear in BT secondaries.
A little? Hell, get them an offensive line that'll consistently give the QB's time and that's a stable of WR's that could challenge all other WR corps in the conference outside of OSU (given their talent and depth). Not sure there would be a stable outside of Columbus that would have threats at every level along with size and speed. In that group there, you would have 5 guys that run a sub 4.5 40. That's some serious speed.

A little? Hell, get them an offensive line that'll consistently give the QB's time and that's a stable of WR's that could challenge all other WR corps in the conference outside of OSU (given their talent and depth). Not sure there would be a stable outside of Columbus that would have threats at every level along with size and speed. In that group there, you would have 5 guys that run a sub 4.5 40. That's some serious speed.

I would like to see us add a great TE to the group in this coming class as well.

Herdman and Hopkins need to get healthy, this Offense going into the 2nd year should show even better passing production to the our capable TE’s that Purdue has......just need our Roadgraders on our O line to get after it

Read an article online that suggested Bell just visited IU. Also, he tweeted that he just received an offer from Tennessee.

Steve Wiltfong seems to disagree with you and I trust his opinion a little more than yours. He predicted Bell to Purdue. IU is barely in his top 5.
He’s not going to Purdue. Delude yourself as you often did during the DH years if you must, but Bell won’t be a boiler.

He’s not going to Purdue. Delude yourself as you often did during the DH years if you must, but Bell won’t be a boiler.

Guessing you’re an IU fan? And there’s nothing similar between Brohm and Hazel aside from the fact that they both coached at Purdue. Must suck to know that Purdue/Brohm already mended relationships in-state and are doing work in recruiting. Almost all of the top guys in-state are seriously considering playing at Purdue. Which top in-state guys are seriously considering IU?

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
It sure can’t hurt our chances. Mr Bell you can play close too home, get a great education, set records at PU. We really want you here, c’mon and join this speedy train!

He seems like a smart and thoughtful kid.

He’ll definitely take this development into consideration, then make the right choice

He seems like a smart and thoughtful kid.

He’ll definitely take this development into consideration, then make the right choice
I think so too. I’m certain the entire staff has dug in deep with each of these kids to insure each is crystal clear on team goals and can see what Purdue Football works to achieve. B1G Championships which affords your team the opportunity to be invited to compete in the 4 team playoff. Lofty goals require constant team & player growth. Players willing to trust, players who love the game of football. The same traits & drive to succeed David Bell has. (Had anyone told me last year at this time that The Brothers Brohm & Staff would not only have a winning season, but then parlay their much quicker than expected success into courting many blue chip players. On campus, in their homes & at their games. I would’ve placed some outrageous bet, assuming I’d already won.) This is going to be one fun ride with this team. So stoked.

Delude yourself that things will be just as good under Allen as they were under Wilson.
Allen isn’t likely to succeed at IU, but that’s not the point. You’ve never had any credibility with regard to recruiting, as you proved when Hazell was the Purdue coach and you lauded his efforts. Just pointing out that fact.

Allen isn’t likely to succeed at IU, but that’s not the point. You’ve never had any credibility with regard to recruiting, as you proved when Hazell was the Purdue coach and you lauded his efforts. Just pointing out that fact.

Who lauded his efforts? Most in this board mocked him

2019 WR Garrett Wilson committed to OSU-5* on 247 & 4* Rivals-consensus top 100 player nationally and top 20 WR.

He's listed at 6'1 185, so has similar size-- physical traits with David Bell? Possibly more suited to slot. Competition at OSU at receiver position next year will be intense, especially if Bell decides on OSU........

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT