ADVERTISEMENT

David Bell WR

Anyone remember Chris Daniels/Drew Brees combo with 20 receptions in one game? I would love to see a primary receiver get a dozen or more receptions in a game.

I was in some classes with Daniels at Purdue. Great guy as well as a great football player. I really enjoyed watching those two play every weekend.

Actually it was 21 catches against MSU-he kept stepping out of bounds and stopping clock for some reason?-longest contest I ever saw-big PU blowout win at Ross-Ade

I was at that game as well. Plaxico Burress caught the first TD of the game to put, I believe #5, MSU up 7-0 but then Brees/Daniels and co went to work and blew the doors off MSU. Night game under the lights at Ross Ade.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/article210406389.html

I know we have all been talking about Bryce Kirtz, but 2019 WR T.J. Sheffield would be another good option. He is from Thompson's Station, TN is ranked the #37 WR by 247Sports, and sounds like he would be a good complement to David Bell. We made his, "Top 8." LOL!

Kirtz gets a lot of love because he is local, but he is an athlete. He is very fast. 48.77 in the 400. That is fast enough to earn a spot on the track team. Great size and from everything I have heard, Kirtz is a great kid. As he gets proper strength and conditioning at the next level, he has all the tools to be dominant. I like the focus on Indiana kids as well although I am not opposed to opening up pipelines either.

To us? Don’t think he’s planned the specific date yet.
Gold and Black said he was supposed to take a unofficial a long time a ago. Never heard anything after the date passed. If you go back a page or two you will see where we talked about it

Gold and Black said he was supposed to take a unofficial a long time a ago. Never heard anything after the date passed. If you go back a page or two you will see where we talked about it

Pretty sure he’s only been once and that was for a basketball game. His second visit will be sometime this summer.

Was supposed to have visited April 17th but it seems like nobody can confirm if he did or not.

It’s not about “hoping” as I don’t have a vested interest in which School he attends. It’s just that he’s not going to Purdue.

If you have some real legitimate information from a credible source please post it. Otherwise you offer absolutely nothing meaningful to this thread and are here to antagonize the posters. If that is the case the moderators should just ban you. So here is your chance to put your money where your mouth is so to speak. What is your source?

If you have some real legitimate information from a credible source please post it. Otherwise you offer absolutely nothing meaningful to this thread and are here to antagonize the posters. If that is the case the moderators should just ban you. So here is your chance to put your money where your mouth is so to speak. What is your source?
I’m not trying to antagonize anyone. Bell is just more interested in a few other programs. That’s not a knock on Purdue in any way, and he wouldn’t have even considered them a year ago, but he’s not coming to WL. I won’t divulge my sources but he’s headed elsewhere.

Plenty of fish in the sea and on that note Hunter Johnson and Purdue have already had contact. The Boilers chance with HJ are very, very good.

Based on what? Tell me why he’s not going to Purdue.
Because he likes several other schools more and wants to play for a national contender. That’s not to say he doesn’t like Purdue, only that he likes others more and they’ve been after him much longer.

I’m not trying to antagonize anyone. Bell is just more interested in a few other programs. That’s not a knock on Purdue in any way, and he wouldn’t have even considered them a year ago, but he’s not coming to WL. I won’t divulge my sources but he’s headed elsewhere.

Plenty of fish in the sea and on that note Hunter Johnson and Purdue have already had contact. The Boilers chance with HJ are very, very good.

Zero credibility to your statements without a source. Purdue is on a lot of good receivers and I am sure we will land at least one more very good one for this class. I have no idea whether Bell will come to Purdue or not because I have no inside information from credible sources and I don't believe you do either.

Reactions: Purdue11
Kern... Steve Wiltfong said that his david Bell source said Purdue is in the drivers seat

This. We don't have blind hope. Every national expert close to the situation has us in the driver seat.

Sure, even with Bell we aren't a NC competitor. That said, with the offense we run...the kid will get much more exposure to the NFL than he would if he went to Ohio State or Michigan with the offense each of them runs. They just don't throw enough (Michigan) or feature WRs enough for him to get the exposure he'd get here catching 80+ balls.

Kern won't divulge his sources is code for he heard from his best friend's brother's girlfriend's sister, who knows this guy who talked to this kid who saw David Bell wearing a "not going to Purdue" t-shirt at 31 flavors last night.

I guess it's pretty serious

Two posts I will believe about Bell. one post said he was going to wait until his season was over before committing to anybody. I can believe that. the other post about wanting to play for a contender is also believable. I believe he will take a long time before he announces his decision.

So what will Purdue have to do to win his commitment? I believe if Purdue jumps out of the gates fast with 3 wins in their first 4 games, and finishes with 6-7 wins, Bell will keep his options open with Purdue included. if purdue starts out slow, he'll start looking elsewhere.
I see Bell being a lot like Moore. if Purdue pulls out another Bowl game victory with 400 yards passing, I believe it will sway his decision towards Purdue.

Zero credibility to your statements without a source. Purdue is on a lot of good receivers and I am sure we will land at least one more very good one for this class. I have no idea whether Bell will come to Purdue or not because I have no inside information from credible sources and I don't believe you do either.
I have an excellent source, I just won't reveal it here. Bell isn't going to Purdue. On the other hand, I was the first person here to mention that Hunter Johnson and Purdue have great mutual interest, and it's just as accurate as the Bell information. Of course, no one is pissed about that, are they?

Kern won't divulge his sources is code for he heard from his best friend's brother's girlfriend's sister, who knows this guy who talked to this kid who saw David Bell wearing a "not going to Purdue" t-shirt at 31 flavors last night.

I guess it's pretty serious
Was this your attempt at humor?

I have an excellent source, I just won't reveal it here. Bell isn't going to Purdue. On the other hand, I was the first person here to mention that Hunter Johnson and Purdue have great mutual interest, and it's just as accurate as the Bell information. Of course, no one is pissed about that, are they?

I'm not pissed. I just think you are full of shit. Anybody can come on a chat board and say the things you say; however, the words are meaningless without a source.

Reactions: Inspector100
I’m not pissed at anyone, IF Hunter were to come to PU, maybe Bell might reconsider?

So do i

Reactions: Purdue11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT