ADVERTISEMENT

David Bell WR

PaBoiler78

All-American
Jan 18, 2002
hope we get this kid, but got a ? for the board. Is Kelvin Bell, the guy from Iowa who is recruiting David, is he any relation to David? thanx

Feeling more optimistic about landing him now that he's visiting again.

I don't know about your Iowa question, though.

Hell of a splash if he does commit to us.

I think that him being in the top 100 would make him our biggest recruit since rivals tracked that.

I think you can play him the Foster Farms bowl on repeat and go....you’d rather go to OSU and watch the QB and RB run the read option 80% of the game? Or go to Michigan and run a pro style where you might get 5 targets a game?

If he came here, he’d be the A+ #1 target. And have slot and Y guys who are pretty good too.

Reactions: Lazz81
Per 247Sports recruiting site, Moore is listed as 41st best receiver in his class, while Bell is rated as 14th in class of 2019. Bell is 6'4 190ibs while Moore is measured at 5'7 165lbs.

Obviously they will not compete at same position, if Bell commits to PU. Moore will most likely play slot and special teams while Bell is a can't miss prospect at X or Z position.
I suspect Moore is a tic faster at 4.3 but Bell is so athletic he could probably also play D1 Basketball at most schools.

Both these guys would be a dream receiving corps to build Brohms offense around..

Reactions: Lazz81 and Zaphod_B
Per 247Sports recruiting site, Moore is listed as 41st best receiver in his class, while Bell is rated as 14th in class of 2019. Bell is 6'4 190ibs while Moore is measured at 5'7 165lbs.

Obviously they will not compete at same position, if Bell commits to PU. Moore will most likely play slot and special teams while Bell is a can't miss prospect at X or Z position.
I suspect Moore is a tic faster at 4.3 but Bell is so athletic he could probably also play D1 Basketball at most schools.

Both these guys would be a dream receiving corps to build Brohms offense around..
Moore is 5’8.5 and 174

Wow, didn't realize the kid is so good. I couldn't imagine having him commit to Purdue. It would be awesome. Any other Indiana HS kids that Purdue is highly after?

The 2019 class here in Indiana seems to have more talent than normal. The top ten or twelve kids are high 3* or better at the moment, with a handful of them in the top 250 on Rivals.

Should mean good things for Purdue recruiting wise.

Great Interview in this article. It came out March 27th but I just saw it.
https://purdue.rivals.com/news/purdue-s-a-contender-for-indy-blue-chipper-david-bell

He says some great things about us and if it is playing time with the potential to start right away that he wants, then he needs to come to Purdue and forget O$U!

You have to just love the thought of a receiving corps consisting of; David Bell, Rondale Moore, Amad Anderson, Jackson Anthrop, & Kory Taylor.

KY Prep just released their updated top 2019 prospects and where their recruiting stands. Wright had Purdue at or almost at the top about a month ago. They are saying OSU appears to be the clear leader with Purdue starting to fall behind. I am assuming that this might be related to David Bell. OSU was the clear leader for Bell for quite sometime, but Purdue has come on really strong lately. He is also scheduled to visit us again on April 17th. Wright and Bell are similar type of receivers, so it would make sense to be falling back on one if we are getting stronger with another. I could be reading too much into this and OSU might get them both, but it would appear to be positive news for Bell in my opinion.

KY Prep just released their updated top 2019 prospects and where their recruiting stands. Wright had Purdue at or almost at the top about a month ago. They are saying OSU appears to be the clear leader with Purdue starting to fall behind. I am assuming that this might be related to David Bell. OSU was the clear leader for Bell for quite sometime, but Purdue has come on really strong lately. He is also scheduled to visit us again on April 17th. Wright and Bell are similar type of receivers, so it would make sense to be falling back on one if we are getting stronger with another. I could be reading too much into this and OSU might get them both, but it would appear to be positive news for Bell in my opinion.
As long as we get one of them I’m fine lol. But Bell is a top 100 player so when top 100 players go to schools other great players want to follow along

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
I saw/hacked the first part of it. It basically said his recruiting has turned into a recruiting war of 6 BIG 10 schools. OSU still is the leader, but Purdue, Iowa, PSU, Mich, and IU have all joined the "BATTLE".
Show me your ways lol. Need to hack into more of those articles. But yeah if we can get him that would be big

I might be banned for this, but I can also read several words of the first line of all the khc posts before they are made private. I use those words and a search engine to find the rest of the story.

I saw/hacked the first part of it. It basically said his recruiting has turned into a recruiting war of 6 BIG 10 schools. OSU still is the leader, but Purdue, Iowa, PSU, Mich, and IU have all joined the "BATTLE".

OSU is? Didn’t Wiltfong predict Bell to Purdue?

OSU is? Didn’t Wiltfong predict Bell to Purdue?

Yes, and yes. I'm not in the prediction game. I also don't know how accurate Wiltfong is or who his sources are. I only posted the information I was able to read. and the title and first sentence indicated Bell's recruitment has now become a battle of several BIG 10 teams.

I like Purdue's chances. Over the past month, the crystal ball predictions have climbed from 0 to 11 to 30%.

Yes, and yes. I'm not in the prediction game. I also don't know how accurate Wiltfong is or who his sources are. I only posted the information I was able to read. and the title and first sentence indicated Bell's recruitment has now become a battle of several BIG 10 teams.

I like Purdue's chances. Over the past month, the crystal ball predictions have climbed from 0 to 11 to 30%.
I do remember a tweet came out about a month or so ago that Purdue's gains in the recruitment of the top players in the state had made remarkable strides and there would be some surprises in the 2019 class. I think George's commitment has really had an impact on the local kids actually taking the visits/information from Purdue seriously from the start...that's a big edge.

Wiltfong is pretty reliable. He was the first to pick Purdue with Karlaftis and Rondale

Reactions: Nukeboiler
Who is to say where he ultimately goes, but I love that we are in the hunt for him and he is considering us. I really hope we get him and then he, in turn, helps us get Justin Britt.

Reactions: Purdue11
We are now listed as one of five schools he is Warm to . not sure when that changed. the other 4 warm schools are OSU, IU, Iowa and Penn st.

it should be noted he's received offers from 10 Big 10 schools and ND. UW, Ill, Maryland and Rutgers are the BIG 10 schools who have not offered. he's now cool to both ND and MSU and Michigan.

our chances are looking good and getting better.

Them and Jirehl Brock with our QBs.. wow

A whole lot better... got the size to
They are both great. Moore had 109 rec, 1478 yds, 16 td's, and over 530 yds rushing, playing for Louisville's top HS football program, he runs a 4.33 40, and he was #1 KY HS player and an Army All-American. Knowing all of this, I think it's hard to say that Bell is a whole lot better. Make no mistake that they are both super. They are Apples and Oranges however, as they play different style of games.

Reactions: BoilerBloodline

Moore is so much better than his ranking imo. I think Lymon was #78 but I could be wrong.

Ps: If we get Bell I'll buy season tickets for the first time in my life.

Reactions: ChuckJr
That would make me throw up. It is a trend we have to stop. Iowa has to stop getting the players from Indiana that Purdue should be landing. Got to win Bell, Tracy, and Kiser. If Iowa gets those three it's an absolute disaster.
The player they were referring to be a lean toward Iowa was Brock RB from Illinois, not Bell.

Reactions: Purdue11
He’s dropping his top 6 soon. I think we are in his top 3. Sounds like he might go to Iowa tho

Are you saying you have some credible info that points to an Iowa commit? I know Iowa is in the mix, but I have not read or heard anything credible as to who is his favorite. He is visiting us in 2 days. Hope Brohm can really sell the program and real him in.

That would make me throw up. It is a trend we have to stop. Iowa has to stop getting the players from Indiana that Purdue should be landing. Got to win Bell, Tracy, and Kiser. If Iowa gets those three it's an absolute disaster.

Kelvin Bell has been with Iowa for a while now and Indiana is part of his territory. He has been recruiting Indy a few years before Brohm and staff came to Purdue. He probably has a little bit of a jump on us with some of the current Juniors and Seniors since the previous staff didn't really recruit Indy. The good news is that Brohm and staff are rejuvenating the Indy recruiting so I don't expect to see us loose as many recruiting battles to Iowa going forward. Like the Ben Davis Coach said, he has seen the current Purdue Staff around more than the previous two put together and Brohm has only been at Purdue a year or so.

Reactions: boilerbusdriver
Are you saying you have some credible info that points to an Iowa commit? I know Iowa is in the mix, but I have not read or heard anything credible as to who is his favorite. He is visiting us in 2 days. Hope Brohm can really sell the program and real him in.
Whoops I’m sorry. Should have clarified I was talking about Jirehl Brock the 4* RB.

Bell or Brock is visiting us in 2 days?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT