ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Williams

Sorry, IU isn’t really that close to Top25. IU is about 40, which is great for IU historically, but it pales compared to ours.
Sorry, IU isn’t really that close to Top25. IU is about 40, which is great for IU historically, but it pales compared to ours.

When you look at the actual makeup of the classes, PU is marginally better and it is a very small margin. And this doesn't factor in Tuttle. You called that mediocre, and maybe it is but that shot you took at IU reflects back on PU. Perhaps thinking before you spew garbage would avoid doing dumb.

When you look at the actual makeup of the classes, PU is marginally better and it is a very small margin. And this doesn't factor in Tuttle. You called that mediocre, and maybe it is but that shot you took at IU reflects back on PU. Perhaps thinking before you spew garbage would avoid doing dumb.

Marginal? Lol. The top of our class is no doubt better than yours. And when we add Bell, it’ll be even more of a gap.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
By every objective measure, Purdue’s class is better and not just marginally. When Purdue signs Bell, our class will expand it’s lead on IU’s. Tuttle is a transfer -doesn’t count in the rankings. You know that full well. Tuttle has barely played. Maybe we should count Ben Holt too. He’s transferring to Purdue after being a starting LB for a couple of years - was a leading tackler.

By every objective measure, Purdue’s class is better and not just marginally. When Purdue signs Bell, our class will expand it’s lead on IU’s. Tuttle is a transfer -doesn’t count in the rankings. You know that full well. Tuttle has barely played. Maybe we should count Ben Holt too. He’s transferring to Purdue after being a starting LB for a couple of years - was a leading tackler.

It’s like when we landed Corey Holmes who was a 4* top 250 guy as a transfer from ND. Guy did nothing and left. Can’t count on transfers being difference makers.

Hey maybe Tuttle will work out as well as Brandon Dawkins.

Tuttle was 3rd string at Utah.

Tuttle was third string at Utah as a true freshman just like Jack Plummer was fourth string at Purdue as a true freshman. Both will be outstanding quarterbacks.

Reactions: BTBall

I don't understand why are we ceaselessly invaded by insecure IU fans, desperate for validation of their program.

I don't understand why are we ceaselessly invaded by insecure IU fans, desperate for validation of their program.
I went to the iu board and tried to count how many times CJB ‘s name is mentioned. I promise you will lose count. On our board, I can’t even find their coaches name at all.

I simply pointed out the irony in an IU obsessed PU fan calling IU's class "mediocre" when PU's class is only marginally better when you look at the detail.

I simply pointed out the irony in an IU obsessed PU fan calling IU's class "mediocre" when PU's class is only marginally better when you look at the detail.
So, when you say marginally what do you mean? Within 30 spots in the national rankings? If PU is at 24 does that mean IU is as 26 or 56? So you think IU has a chance next year in the bucket game? I say it's over by half time.

Reactions: boilerrick240
So, when you say marginally what do you mean? Within 30 spots in the national rankings? If PU is at 24 does that mean IU is as 26 or 56? So you think IU has a chance next year in the bucket game? I say it's over by half time.

I mean look at the detail. If you guys can't manage that, I can't help you.

Both teams have a chance in all bucket games. It has been a long time since the game was over at halftime, so good luck with that claim.

The great thing about being a fanboy is ignoring facts and logic. Good luck.

Marginal yes. Add Bell and it gets better. Add Tuttle and it gets back to marginal.

I have been very high on the IU class, but to call it a marginal difference is laughable. GK is a five star recruit that is arguably the best incoming defensive limeman in the country. David Bell is one of the best incoming WRs in the country, if he picks Purdue it gives Purdue one of the best weapons in the nation to pairs with Moore. Between the two classes, I would take GK, Bell (assuming he signs Purdue), KB, Grant, Rice, Wright, Faucheux, or King before I would take any of the IU commits.

Look, I think IU got a good class. It is better than anything Purdue had in the Hazel years. I am not knocking it. But this class should be the best class Purdue has landed in the modern era. It has the potential to compete for conference championships, and maybe more. IU is going in a good direction, and IU got a few year head start through the Hazel years. IU should be very happy with where they are compared to where they have been. But the tragectory of the two programs isn’t close right now. From where Purdue came from two years ago, to where they are now is unmatched. Went from being in the 60-80 recruiting range to top 25. Went from 1-3 wins to 7 wins and then 6-6 with a shot at 7-6 if they can Auburn. It took Brohm one year to achieve what IU hasn’t done in about a decade. Oh and Purdue has a win over OSU that kept them from reaching the playoffs. Purdue was in the national spotlight pretty much all year. Can’t say the same for IU. It isn’t homerism... thems just the facts.

That doesn't fit the definition of "irony." Not even close.

Nowhere did I not understand or follow what you thought you were doing.

However, you did what you did, all the while displaying ZERO self-awareness of an IU fan, obsessing over what Purdue fan, on a Purdue forum, is thinking or writing.

Goodness, dude. The world will continue to turn and life will go on, even if Purdue fans write something with which you disagree.

Don’t forget to mention “Clueless IU fans”. Always on the wrong chat board. Wish they would just go back to their home, “don’t you know where your home is?“

Both teams have a chance in all bucket games. It has been a long time since the game was over at halftime, so good luck with that claim.

Think about this. Brohm has beaten IU twice with a significant number of Hazell recruits which always ranked at the bottom of the conference. What will it look like as he continues to stockpile talent? Good luck!

Don’t forget to mention “Clueless IU fans”. Always on the wrong chat board. Wish they would just go back to their home, “don’t you know where your home is?“

Well, I hear you.

But, I've said before, I don't mind fans from other programs coming here and engaging in useful, respectful dialogue.

I've seen Destewart do it on the IU forums. And, he gets treated like crap from time to time. I will occasionally visit, but rarely post. And, that's okay.

But, when they come here INSISTING you see things from their point of view . . . INSISTING you agree with them . . . that's b.s. I have zero patience for that.

Reactions: Roeder
Think about this. Brohm has beaten IU twice with a significant number of Hazell recruits which always ranked at the bottom of the conference. What will it look like as he continues to stockpile talent? Good luck!

Okay... I agree, to an extent, but this is why I've always cautioned people against trashing prior coaches, AD's, etc., and it's for this reason:

THEY MAKE UP OUR TEAM. "They" is "us."

Blough

Sindelar

DEXTER!

et al.

When we go down this road, it quickly sounds like they're "inferior." They are NOT. They are Boilermakers.

With that said, I absolutely agree that we're bringing in highly talented players, and you better believe the rest of the B1G is sitting up and taking notice.

Reactions: peytonrules
Well, I hear you.

But, I've said before, I don't mind fans from other programs coming here and engaging in useful, respectful dialogue.

I've seen Destewart do it on the IU forums. And, he gets treated like crap from time to time. I will occasionally visit, but rarely post. And, that's okay.

But, when they come here INSISTING you see things from their point of view . . . INSISTING you agree with them . . . that's b.s. I have zero patience for that.

I am not insisting you see things from any point of view and I don't expect you will. That is the thing about fanboys, they paint my picture they want. I simply pointed out the rather humerus irony in what this long time IU obsessed fanboy posted. He called IU's class "mediocre" which it is in national context, but as it is by any objective measure only marginally lesser than pus he was ignorantly and ironically knocking his own.

I think Bell lands in Laffy, but if he doesn't, and with the addition of Tuttle, the marginal gap disappears.

That said, let's wait until these guys take a few snaps before we judge, huh?

I am not insisting you see things from any point of view and I don't expect you will. That is the thing about fanboys, they paint my picture they want. I simply pointed out the rather humerus irony in what this long time IU obsessed fanboy posted. He called IU's class "mediocre" which it is in national context, but as it is by any objective measure only marginally lesser than pus he was ignorantly and ironically knocking his own.

I think Bell lands in Laffy, but if he doesn't, and with the addition of Tuttle, the marginal gap disappears.

So what are you trying to say? IU is going to be good at football? None of us think so, so take it somewhere where people will believe you. Louisville has a board. so does Ball State. A kid from my kids school just signed with IWU. will IU play them? Come on dude, start beating someone before you come over here and talk about recruits..

If that's the case, you've got a LOT of work to do on the IU forum, in addition to yourself. You seem to be quite high on your team, as you should.

No... one of the great things about these internet forums is that we can do just that... make judgments. That doesn't mean we need to be lectured to about any marginal differences.

Please, under D-Haze Purdue was within a score of IU on more than one occasion. IU won all 4 of those games. D-Haze went 9-33 and 3-24 in league play. Those look like IU-level of ineptitude numbers.

Tiller went 10-2 vs. IU and Brohm will also have a run like that I believe.

Marginal yes. Add Bell and it gets better. Add Tuttle and it gets back to marginal.

Tuttle couldn’t hack it at Utah. A failed four star on his second stop. Maybe he turns it around but maybe the transfer is a sign he doesn’t have what it takes to compete. Besides all year you guys have been saying Penix is great and going to be awesome. Only one of those two can play QB at a time.

Tuttle couldn’t hack it at Utah. A failed four star on his second stop. Maybe he turns it around but maybe the transfer is a sign he doesn’t have what it takes to compete. Besides all year you guys have been saying Penix is great and going to be awesome. Only one of those two can play QB at a time.
Matt Lovecchio redux.

Reactions: boilerbeezy

Who was that high level quarterback from Arizona that transferred to IU last year?

https://www.hoosiersportsreport.com/2018/04/former-arizona-qb-dawkins-will-join-hoosiers/
https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...qb-brandon-dawkins-leaves-program/1088801002/

He might turn out to be a star but so far he is 0 for 1.

Please, under D-Haze Purdue was within a score of IU on more than one occasion. IU won all 4 of those games. D-Haze went 9-33 and 3-24 in league play. Those look like IU-level of ineptitude numbers.

Tiller went 10-2 vs. IU and Brohm will also have a run like that I believe.

So you agree with me. Progress.

We all know that the stars and rankings don’t mean anything. It all depends on what happens on the field. We will see what happens next year.
I think IU fans realize that Brohm is getting very close of doing something special at Purdue. Moore will be a Heisman candidate next year, and if we will get Bell; Brohm’s offense will be unstoppable. Even with a better class. I am not sure Allen will be able to do more with it.

Tuttle no more did not hack it than Plummer. They were both true freshmen behind several good, more experienced QB’s.

Tuttle no more did not hack it than Plummer. They were both true freshmen behind several good, more experienced QB’s.

Yet... Plummer didn’t leave. And I am not sure if he moved above Sipe or not. I know Sipe has a ton of potential, but most are expecting Plummer to move up the depth chart. Spring practice should put some more insight there.

Plummer didn’t leave after one year. So between the two, I would go with Plummer over Tuttle not having seeing either one play at the next level. And going with coaching staffs, Purdue is a much better situation for QBs with the staff and the weapons they will have. At this point, nobody knows who will be better, Plummer or Tuttle. Tuttle may be better and will likely have a quicker path to playing, especially if Sindelar gets a sixth year.

Found another gem from @td75. This is a doozy!

“I think it’s interesting that Indiana, at least on paper, cleaned up VERY well on the in-state kids. With all of Brohm’s mighty momentum at Purdue, Tom Allen was still able to sign the better in-state kids away from Purdue, excluding the DE you guys nabbed. I like your class a lot, don’t take that wrong. I just think this year proves what I’ve long suspected, IU is the more attractive destination between the two schools concerning the Indiana kids.”

This guy is delusional. Purdue is going to land the top 2 players in the class and let’s examine the guys they landed.

Sampson James- a guy Purdue would’ve liked to have had no doubt. IU kept recruiting him after he committed to OSU and he flipped. I’m assuming offering his younger brother didn’t hurt.

Cameron Williams- good player but a guy that Purdue couldn’t take because of grade issues. Purdue canceling his official visit was quite telling of the situation. Assuming grades weren’t an issue, my guess is he would’ve ended up at Purdue.

Beau Robbins- guy that we stopped recruiting once we landed Karlaftis. A good player but we landed someone significantly better.

Larry Tracy- like Iowa, we stopped recruiting him altogether months ago because we liked other CB’s better.

So of those 4 that they landed, I’d argue we only really “lost” James to them. The other guys we either couldn’t take or recruited over them.

But let him decide himself into thinking Allen really beat out Brohm for all these kids lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Purdue fan's posts are interesting. You say there is no Iu recruit tha t you want, yet their are threads about many people here wanting james and Cam Williams before they committed elsewhere. After they committed elsewhere, Purdue fans seemed to believe their value and talent had diminished. and then there are the two IU offensive linemen - the one from Lafayette CC and knight. Purdue fans loved and wanted both players. I love the comment about all the IU fans coming here. And the n I read al l the Purdue fans bragging abot being banned from the I U board. obviously, we're as obnoxious as they are and we visit their board just as much as they visit ours.

As for recruiting rankings, going to 24/7, the average rating for the Purdue recruit is 86. 31, and the average rating of the IU recruit is 86.01. I'd say that's pretty close. the average rating for the iowa recruit is 86.17. the average rating for the UW recruit is 87.41. You can brag all you want. But it all depends on which stat and/or formula you want to use. The stat I prefer to use is the W. recruiting stats mean nothing if you don't win the game. Brohm's stat against IU is 2-0. and both games were decidedly in Purdue's favor and control.

as for comparing the two recruiting classes, IU picked up some massive defensive linemen. other than james and Williams, nobody else excites me. Purdue scored big at WR, TE, DB and DE, and one Ol. I like the potential I see , and I believe a couple of athletes should have been rated higher.

and I fully expect the lone stat I like will change to 3-0 next year.

Reactions: 72Boiler
Found another gem from @td75. This is a doozy!

“I think it’s interesting that Indiana, at least on paper, cleaned up VERY well on the in-state kids. With all of Brohm’s mighty momentum at Purdue, Tom Allen was still able to sign the better in-state kids away from Purdue, excluding the DE you guys nabbed. I like your class a lot, don’t take that wrong. I just think this year proves what I’ve long suspected, IU is the more attractive destination between the two schools concerning the Indiana kids.”

This guy is delusional. Purdue is going to land the top 2 players in the class and let’s examine the guys they landed.

Sampson James- a guy Purdue would’ve liked to have had no doubt. IU kept recruiting him after he committed to OSU and he flipped. I’m assuming offering his younger brother didn’t hurt.

Cameron Williams- good player but a guy that Purdue couldn’t take because of grade issues. Purdue canceling his official visit was quite telling of the situation. Assuming grades weren’t an issue, my guess is he would’ve ended up at Purdue.

Beau Robbins- guy that we stopped recruiting once we landed Karlaftis. A good player but we landed someone significantly better.

Larry Tracy- like Iowa, we stopped recruiting him altogether months ago because we liked other CB’s better.

So of those 4 that they landed, I’d argue we only really “lost” James to them. The other guys we either couldn’t take or recruited over them.

But let him decide himself into thinking Allen really beat out Brohm for all these kids lol.
Not only are we getting the top 2 players in the class, they’re the top 2 players BY FAR. Both top 100 players nationally, and no one else in the state is even close to Bell and GKs rankings. They got some solid players. We got the difference makers.

Your right Bigs. Our FANS wanted Cronk from CC. Problem was, Hazell didn’t want him. Not bad enough anyway. I know his family and iu recruited and offered him early in the process and that was the deciding factor.

Unfortunately winning recruiting battles in Indiana is not that big of a deal. We have so few recruits that move the needle. As long as we get the few that are solid and keep them from going to Iowa like they have in the past, that would be great.

IU’s progress evaporated away the day Wilson was canned. Purdue’s progress started the day Brohm was hired. Allen has had little discernible progress. 4-14 in BIG play - yikes!

Each of your replies changes the subject. I assume that means you have accepted the only point I was making when I projected facts onto the silly claims you were making.

Each of your replies changes the subject. I assume that means you have accepted the only point I was making when I projected facts onto the silly claims you were making.
Your “point” is very weak. Of course I don’t agree with it. You seem to be implying that because the scores of Bucket Games are “close” that both teams can win. Except for the fact that one team has and does the majority of the time. (Purdue 74-41-6 overall) Allen is an inferior coach to Brohm in basically all facets, therefore I submit that Brohm will dominate the series, just like Wilson dominated Hazell for 4 years. Close scores don’t count. All that matters in the end is which team wins (Purdue 31, IU 24 and Purdue 28, IU 21 under Brohm, for instance.)

IU FB fans know deep down that this is true. Now back to the bottom of the BIG with your historically awful program. You should be thankful for Rutgers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT