ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Williams

He was a risk. Purdue did not need to take the risk, the LB from Michigan eliminated the question. Sometimes the risk doesn't match the potential reward.

Twisted truth Sir.

Purdue was plenty willing to take the risk until the point they didn't need to. To say they would not have taken Cam is simply silly and obviously a cheap shot at Indiana.

Reactions: BTBall
Uh, because it is not "your" board - it is available to anyone who wishes to post. Why are you on the free board and not the one you have to pay for?
I am often on the G&B pay board. The difference that you don't seem to grasp is that the crap you post on here would be immediately banned on your Loosiers boards. Your moderators are thin-skinned little bitches who have trouble with facts and data. That is, facts and data showing how historically-awful IU football is.

Twisted truth Sir.

Purdue was plenty willing to take the risk until the point they didn't need to. To say they would not have taken Cam is simply silly and obviously a cheap shot at Indiana.

The truth is a cheap shot? It was mentioned for the last year plus that Williams was an academic risk.

Throw data out the window. What's sad is we could have DH be our top or main recruiter and still beat you. Yikes!

Twisted truth Sir.

It is hardly twisted truth; it is accurate. Your post acknowledges that he is/was a risky choice. Purdue considered the risk and backed off. They decided the risk/reward ratio did not work for them as they perceived alternative options with a better risk/reward ratio. That is hardly irrational.

IU was in a position where they had the option of taking a more risky choice. They decided to take it because they felt they needed to do so. That is simple fact. It is clear that the IU class is still significantly behind the Purdue class in rankings and the player in question raised their numbers a bit. Again, not a slam, just fact.

Last edited:
I believe you have summed up the position of the group Perry succinctly.

Good luck.
To a certain point...loss is a loss. You have to admit that IU has had better talent the last 2 years and it didn't reflect on the field. Now, the talent level either isn't that far apart or we flat out have a better coach or system. Which do you believe?

To a certain point...loss is a loss. You have to admit that IU has had better talent the last 2 years and it didn't reflect on the field. Now, the talent level either isn't that far apart or we flat out have a better coach or system. Which do you believe?

Can't argue with this...PU has been more ready to play the last two years and I think it is the coach. Allen is still learning how to be a head coach while Brohm is already there.

Aside from better coaching there is also better recruiting. 0ur recruiting class is ranked many places ahead of IU's

Aside from better coaching there is also better recruiting. 0u
Yes, I do think our top half are potentially impactful players. I think IU has 3-4 and that would give us a bump in recruiting. Now, could Allen switch and become the better coach...time will tell. I just like where we are going and the potential that we have. IMO

Also, if that recruiting trend expands after this year. That would give us more prepared players yr after year.

Overall, IU has had better talent, with the exception of QB and OL. Brohm has made the difference no doubt. both bring in solid classes next year with PU being slightly better.

The QB situation at IU should improve next year assuming Penix recovers or Tuttle is eligible while PU will be solid at QB again. OL is a question mark still. I think the series continues to be competitive with an edge to Brohm until Allen proves otherwise.

Overall, IU has had better talent, with the exception of QB and OL. Brohm has made the difference no doubt. both bring in solid classes next year with PU being slightly better.

The QB situation at IU should improve next year assuming Penix recovers or Tuttle is eligible while PU will be solid at QB again. OL is a question mark still. I think the series continues to be competitive with an edge to Brohm until Allen proves otherwise.

This is absolute nonsense. IU is superior everywhere except QB and OL? Rondale Moore, All-American, says hello. Is there an IU receiver that even made first or second team B1G? I checked, none did. Absolute nonsense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boilerbuck
This is absolute nonsense. IU is superior everywhere except QB and OL? Rondale Moore, All-American, says hello. Is there an IU receiver that even made first or second team B1G? I checked, none dod. Absolute nonsense.

You may want to read back on the conversation before blowing up Sir. This was in agreement with a pur poster and complimentary of Brohm getting so much out of Hazel's low-rated recruits. I said overall, and obviously Moore was the best athlete on the field.

Got more with less if you follow. Sheesh.

True. Probably a good bet.....although this Malzahn character also was a “glorified” high school coach. The dude spent 15 years coaching high school football. More time than he’s even been at a coordinator or HC level in college. He had a pretty good game plan yesterday.
Oh, my.

Now Tom Allen is on a collision course with Malzahn.

Yes. I'm sure there's a correlation there.

You may want to read back on the conversation before blowing up Sir. This was in agreement with a pur poster and complimentary of Brohm getting so much out of Hazel's low-rated recruits. I said overall, and obviously Moore was the best athlete on the field.

Got more with less if you follow. Sheesh.

Your post was referred to as written. If you did not express yourself correctly, that is on you. The text is present for all to read. You said IU is superior except at QB & OL.

Reactions: Purdue85
Not at all what I said, but you know what? It probably would be IUs best class of all time.
I wouldn't say it's way off. If, Bell joins then at certain positions. I would say GK, Bell, Wright, Grant and Faucheux are potential game changers. Pretty high recruits IMO

Reactions: Purdue85
Your post was referred to as written. If you did not express yourself correctly, that is on you. The text is present for all to read. You said IU is superior except at QB & OL.

My sincere apologies. Thought I was giving Brohm his deserved props and instead offended you.

Reactions: BTBall
You are wrong, I was not offended. I just wanted to point out your obvious error. Of course, your passive/aggressive attitude is fairly obvious.

Purdue backed off of Cam Williams because of his academic issues...that has been confirmed by the Andrean folk that I know. Purdue's academic standards are higher and Williams grades were borderline. Went with a sure thing from MI.

Maybe not. Do you think OSU fans care about losing James to IU? Michigan losing GK? Texas losing Moore? Bell possibly as well.

There were a helluva lot of UM fans that lusted for GK for over a year until he finally signed his LOI. Greg Mattison was scheduled for a visit the day Brohm announced he was staying at Purdue.

There were a helluva lot of UM fans that lusted for GK for over a year until he finally signed his LOI. Greg Mattison was scheduled for a visit the day Brohm announced he was staying at Purdue.
Yes, that's why it's a good sign when you are winning recruiting battles against the big boys. We were in a battle for many of these recruits and it seemed to favor us by having Brohm.

Just go away courtsense, you are truly a sad pathetic human being

The guy is a joke. He had a doozy earlier talking about how Purdue fans have to brag because we are inferior when it comes to our professional, political, and financial lives compared to IU folks. Truly delusional.

He did not have a “committable” offer at Purdue. That was further confirmed when his visit was cancelled. IU took the academic risk that Purdue didn’t need to take. Those are the facts.

Why did Purdue bother to schedule the official visit that you say they later cancelled if he was too much of a risk academically?

Why did Purdue bother to schedule the official visit that you say they later cancelled if he was too much of a risk academically?

Because there’s no harm in scheduling one? Big difference between scheduling one and actually using one on him. I’m guessing they scheduled it as just in case they received good news on his grades which didn’t happen so they cancelled. Don’t you think it’s pretty telling only one school had him in for an official? Not even Cincy took a risk on him.

Because there’s no harm in scheduling one? Big difference between scheduling one and actually using one on him. I’m guessing they scheduled it as just in case they received good news on his grades which didn’t happen so they cancelled. Don’t you think it’s pretty telling only one school had him in for an official? Not even Cincy took a risk on him.
It’s gratifying when Courtsensetwo uses multiple handles in the same thread. His inferiority complex is in full bloom. Was told the IU mods are on to him, too.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Not surprising at all.
I’m not sure this is courtsense. Hasn’t tried to steer any debate into a pissing contest dealing with his attendance figures fetish. Nor has he mentioned which football team has the prettiest campus

This thread is ridiculous. 9 pages on a guy who may never see the field in the Big Ten. Let’s all congratulate IU on Cam and if it makes them stop, just admit Tom Allen out foxed Brohm on one guy.

Either way, IU has a beat down coming their way at Ross-Ade next year and for years to come. That’s all that matters and they’re scared (goose) shitless of that reality. Revisit this thread in late November.

Last edited:
Reactions: Inspector100
Yes, enough of Cam. This debate is over because of the fine pieces Brohm has put together. I would say the class of 2020 would set this team up for the future. This class is our stepping stone but 2020 will separate us and it will take IU some years to catch us. Once again, back to back really good classes will show this.

Reactions: Inspector100
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT