ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Williams

Just noticed you are from Yulee. I used to spend quite a bit of time over on the island. Have a good friend over there. His dad owns Sandy Bottoms. Is that were Fred Taylor was from? or was it his nephew?
Yep. Yulee resident. My wife eats lunches at Sandy Bottoms but I haven’t eaten there yet.

Fred Taylor’s son played here at Yulee when we had Derrick Henry. It was televised in ESPN but Kelvin Taylor was from Belle Glades.

True story this Kelvin was rated higher at the time.

Your “point” is very weak. Of course I don’t agree with it. You seem to be implying that because the scores of Bucket Games are “close” that both teams can win. Except for the fact that one team has and does the majority of the time. (Purdue 74-41-6 overall) Allen is an inferior coach to Brohm in basically all facets, therefore I submit that Brohm will dominate the series, just like Wilson dominated Hazell for 4 years. Close scores don’t count. All that matters in the end is which team wins (Purdue 31, IU 24 and Purdue 28, IU 21 under Brohm, for instance.)

IU FB fans know deep down that this is true. Now back to the bottom of the BIG with your historically awful program. You should be thankful for Rutgers.

I totally agree with this. It doesn't matter how good a recruit actually is. it doesn't matter what a team's recruiting ranking is. It doesn't matter where or which board you post on or how many posts you have or likes you earn. What really matters is how a team utilizes that player, and their performance on the field.

Cam Williams would have looked good in a Purdue uniform. But so would Cronk and so would Knight, Weaver and Robinson. But Purdue has other players to take their place.

And what really matters is also not the past, but the present and the future. The fact John Wooden and Bob Greise brought a championship to Purdue is nice, but not really relevant to today. What matters today is who has the better team, and who will win the next game. Bob Greise, Drew Brees and Hazell are no longer playing football for Purdue. The past will not affect the future. The guys who are currently playing football are 2-0 against IU. And I expect looking at the current teams and their future, they will be 3-0 next year.

You can troll on each others' board all you want. but the reality is Purdue dominated the last two bucket games despite what the score may indicate. and the future looks the same as the present.

Your “point” is very weak. Of course I don’t agree with it. You seem to be implying that because the scores of Bucket Games are “close” that both teams can win. Except for the fact that one team has and does the majority of the time. (Purdue 74-41-6 overall) Allen is an inferior coach to Brohm in basically all facets, therefore I submit that Brohm will dominate the series, just like Wilson dominated Hazell for 4 years. Close scores don’t count. All that matters in the end is which team wins (Purdue 31, IU 24 and Purdue 28, IU 21 under Brohm, for instance.)

IU FB fans know deep down that this is true. Now back to the bottom of the BIG with your historically awful program. You should be thankful for Rutgers.

Brohm got those 2 wins with almost entirely Hazel’s recruits. There is no chance Brohm would have gone 0-4 against IU, even with the players Hazel had. Now, Brohm is bringing in recruits like they got in the Tiller years. Tiller was 10-2 against IU, with some absolute blowouts in there.

IU has brought in some decent talent, but once Brohm starts getting his guys, the gap widens. There are about 10 guys in this ‘19 class that would have headlined any of the classes in the Hazell era. The days of two stars with no major offers and walk-one starting at multiple positions will soon be behind Purdue. Hazell was clueless when it came to recruiting and he whiffed far more often than not.

I don’t know if everybody in Purdue’s ‘19 class pans out. History would say that is unlikely that everybody in a class works out, but it would be safe to guess that success is more likely than not with those players. And if that class lives up to it’s potential, they should go 4-0 against IU.

Indeed. Either team has had a chance to win in the vast majority of games. There have been mismatches over the years as well.

Bottom line is that As long as you find a narrative that works for you in your non-stop focus on IU, all is well.

Indeed. Either team has had a chance to win in the vast majority of games. There have been mismatches over the years as well.

Bottom line is that As long as you find a narrative that works for you in your non-stop focus on IU, all is well.
Bottom line is IU fans are the only people on the planet who push a narrative that Purdue’s class is marginally better than IUs.

Reactions: SDBoiler1
Bottom line is IU fans are the only people on the planet who push a narrative that Purdue’s class is marginally better than IUs.

Two reasons for that.

1. The data was reviewed and this was the clear objective assessment.
2. No one outside of the two alumni bases cares about IU or PU recruiting classes.

Two reasons for that.

2. No one outside of the two alumni bases cares about IU or PU recruiting classes.
Maybe not. Do you think OSU fans care about losing James to IU? Michigan losing GK? Texas losing Moore? Bell possibly as well.

I truly believe Brohm is a better coach and has a better class. I will say Allen and IU have done some good things. I think these types of classes can set a team up for the future. It all boils down to who can coach and I like our chances. IMO

Two reasons for that.

Basically, any objective analysis would say the data favors Purdue, especially in the one that really matters - wins.

Reactions: Poprudy
I know it breaks from the iu sucks theme of this thread, but I would rather get win 9 or 10 over the stink town stinkers even if they have 7 wins. Sports is a zero sum game but we can still beat them if they are good. Helps our SOS. Congrats on Cam. For his sake, I hope he is eligible and gets a degree or pro contract.

Reactions: PaBoiler78
I truly believe Brohm is a better coach and has a better class. I will say Allen and IU have done some good things. I think these types of classes can set a team up for the future. It all boils down to who can coach and I like our chances. IMO

Statistically, you are correct.

It will be interesting to see which recruits achieve, overachieve and underachieve based on stars. It always is.

It will be interesting to see which recruits achieve, overachieve and underachieve based on stars. It always is.
The real point is which staff will develop its talent better. My money is on Brohm and his staff vs. the glorified HS coach and his staff.

Didn't you use this almost same argument in another thread, the Tom Allen thread I believe.

Not seeing a 4 star QB from Louisiana on either Rivals or 247. Betting Williams ends up at IU, they're the last man standing that has room and isn't scared off with qualifying.

C’mon...let’s not talk about qualifying kids here. Everybody does it. Glen “Big Dog” Robinson and Prop 48, anyone?

Hello?

The real point is which staff will develop its talent better. My money is on Brohm and his staff vs. the glorified HS coach and his staff.

True. Probably a good bet.....although this Malzahn character also was a “glorified” high school coach. The dude spent 15 years coaching high school football. More time than he’s even been at a coordinator or HC level in college. He had a pretty good game plan yesterday.

Reactions: BTBall

I would expect this to be your position although your consistent need to take cheap shots at people you have never met puts your confidence in doubt.

True. Probably a good bet.....although this Malzahn character also was a “glorified” high school coach. The dude spent 15 years coaching high school football. More time than he’s even been at a coordinator or HC level in college. He had a pretty good game plan yesterday.
Lol comparing Allen to Malzahn is as bas as comparing IU to Auburn. Make no mistake we got throttled yesterday. I just haven't figured out how a rival fan comes over here that hasn't beaten the guy you are dogging or fan base. Hell, you can't even get to a bowl game. What does that say about your own program? Not good, I know....

Not to mention Cam had an open invite to attend Purdue.
This isn’t true. Purdue cancelled his official visit, in part because he was a risk academically, and there were greater priorities elsewhere. Good player who, if eligible, will probably step right in and play on a defense like IU’s. But it’s wrong to say he had an “open invite” to play at Purdue. Had he wanted to commit, which he very likely did, it wouldn’t have been accepted.

This isn’t true. Purdue cancelled his official visit, in part because he was a risk academically, and there were greater priorities elsewhere. Good player who, if eligible, will probably step right in and play on a defense like IU’s. But it’s wrong to say he had an “open invite” to play at Purdue. Had he wanted to commit, which he very likely did, it wouldn’t have been accepted.

Half truth

The need was filled but the offer had been quite open for some time. PU was perfectly willing to accept him at the very least until the need was filled and perhaps the very last day. Neither of us know the facts on that. Playing "holier than thou" at this point is disengenuous at best.

Half truth

The need was filled but the offer had been quite open for some time. PU was perfectly willing to accept him at the very least until the need was filled and perhaps the very last day. Neither of us know the facts on that. Playing "holier than thou" at this point is disengenuous at best.

He was a risk. Purdue did not need to take the risk, the LB from Michigan eliminated the question. Sometimes the risk doesn't match the potential reward.

Could you be any more disingenuous? Malzahn has a much better resume than Allen has. Not even close. Malzahn was head coach at Arkansas State before he went to Auburn. He was also OC at Arkansas, Tulsa, and Auburn from 2006 - 2010 before becoming HC at Arkansas State. He won a NC at Auburn with Cam Newton as the QB. He has a 62-30 (0.674) record as HC, including 28-20 (0.583) in the SEC.

Malzahn has never had a losing record as a college HC. Allen has never had a winning record as a college HC.

It's pathetic that you would compare Malzahn and Allen and even more pathetic that you would crow about Purdue losing a bowl game. Just as a reminder, IU hasn't won a bowl since 1991 - 27 years. Brohm beat Arizona in his first year at Purdue and his teams are 4-1 in bowls. He's also 43-23 (.652) as a HC while Allen is 10-15 (0.400).

Half truth

He did not have a “committable” offer at Purdue. That was further confirmed when his visit was cancelled. IU took the academic risk that Purdue didn’t need to take. Those are the facts.

Why else would you continue to make irrelevant and ignorant posts?

They may be to you, but not to me. Sorry you are feeling a little tense after the Auburn game. But congratulations for at least getting to play in a bowl game.

Uh, because it is not "your" board - it is available to anyone who wishes to post. Why are you on the free board and not the one you have to pay for?

Then why do you not correct your brethren on the IU board when they make the identical comment that you object to? I have seen you post there so do not pretend that you do not. Your statement here is hypocritical in the extreme. Be consistent if you wish to be taken seriously.

Reactions: PatCorbin
They may be to you, but not to me. Sorry you are feeling a little tense after the Auburn game. But congratulations for at least getting to play in a bowl game.
I’m only “tense” about pointless, inane posts, which describes your’s. I get that you guys can only point to Purdue’s stumble yesterday for relief from your futility, and that “IU Sucks!” has taken up permanent reference in your heads to the point where you cry about it constantly, but please know your place. It isn’t in a football discussion of any kind, unless losing is the topic.

Then why do you not correct your brethren on the IU board when they make the identical comment that you object to? I have seen you post there so do not pretend that you do not. Your statement here is hypocritical in the extreme. Be consistent if you wish to be taken seriously.
C’mon, man. LEO!

I'll continue to post in an as much of an objective manner as I can muster. Sorry about your interpretations. I do try to be somewhat rationale, but I am sure I fail on occasion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT