ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Johns

Hmm not sure Michigan is the final destination......

Michigan just offered another in same position in Race Johnson on 6/23/2017.

Maybe they did this to speed up Johns decision or they know he is picking elsewhere.....

Many say Pete Nance is a Michigan lean too......

Just never know these days.....but I say that is too many for one spot......

I think Purdue has a shot for sure.....

Reactions: ChoiceBeef

Maybe they did this to speed up Johns decision or they know he is picking elsewhere.....

not being recruited just for just one spot.

Michigan will have a very big class and can afford to take several wing players.

C'mon Brandon! You witnessed the electricity of Mackey and the great fans here against MSU.

C'mon Brandon! You witnessed the electricity of Mackey and the great fans here against MSU.
Not sure we are going to get him and I don't try to read into Twitter too much but I did notice he started following Coach Gary recently. Probably last 5-10 that he started following.

Reactions: TX4GB
He can't go to Michigan if he lives in East Lansing. Purdue is the most logical choice if he is not going to MSU. This will be the reverse of what Gary Harris did.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
He can't go to Michigan if he lives in East Lansing. Purdue is the most logical choice if he is not going to MSU. This will be the reverse of what Gary Harris did.
This seems more hopeful in thinking versus reasonable. I've seen nothing to suggest Johns is anything more than a long shot.

This seems more hopeful in thinking versus reasonable. I've seen nothing to suggest Johns is anything more than a long shot.
Right, just hopeful. 247 experts all have him going to Beilein. It would be a shocker.

Not sure we are going to get him and I don't try to read into Twitter too much but I did notice he started following Coach Gary recently. Probably last 5-10 that he started following.
So Talen Horton Tucker (recently received an offer) just wished Johns good luck today. The tweet was liked by the official Purdue account.

Edit: looks like they removed it. Strange.

So Talen Horton Tucker (recently received an offer) just wished Johns good luck today. The tweet was liked by the official Purdue account.

Edit: looks like they removed it. Strange.

We'll find out in about an hour. He's choosing Michigan, but I can never fault a Fan for holding out hope

Reactions: Boiler Buck
I for one am tired of being 2nd runner up in Michigan....Especially when Indiana kids seem to go up that way pretty often.... I wonder if the time and effort we spend up in Michigan would be better on shutting down kids in Indiana?

Who was the last recruit we got out of Michigan?
Loren Clyburn was from there I believe, no surprise w/ Johns to me, he's the same size as the Johnson kid that left and kind of looks like him too minus the hair.

Loren Clyburn was from there I believe, no surprise w/ Johns to me, he's the same size as the Johnson kid that left and kind of looks like him too minus the hair.

Do you mean D.J. Wilson? He and Brandon Johns don't really look all that alike.

Reactions: Roeder
Steve Scheffler the big center from Grand Rapids in the mid-1980's.

Probably the one that comes to mind most.....finished @ 69.8% FG and a "not too shabby" 80.5% from the FT line winning Big Ten Player of the Year honors in 1990.

de6d3e77e8b95c38c767e74a24322638.jpg

B97YP06CUAEjCxU.jpg:large

Ada then, and perhaps today, fell/falls within the Forest Hills school district, a generally well-to-do area east of Grand Rapids. Amway world headquarters is in Ada.

Older brother Tom and Steve Scheffler both went to Forest Hills Central. The district has since grown to include Forest Hills Central, Northern and Eastern high schools

We have it good in GR: a healthy, diverse economy, affordable cost of living, big enough city to have a decent array of restaurants, nightlife and cultural attractions, but not so big you can't get away to Lake Michigan, wooded bike trails, wineries and so on quickly. By and large, friendly and caring people.

GR has issues too, but every place does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT