ADVERTISEMENT

Colvin-MSU Post-Game

He has zero knowledge of his immaturity level, him not being happy, and comparing it to a past player makes his statement even worse. I just can't stand clowns that make statements about our players without concrete evidence. This is exactly what IU fans were saying when he committed to Purdue. That's why I don't take much of this crap serious.
It’s not my fault you don’t have the ability to read people’s body language. It’s not some hidden secret he hasn’t been happy this year. It’s been widely discussed on gold and black and here as well.

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
It’s not my fault you don’t have the ability to read people’s body language. It’s not some hidden secret he hasn’t been happy this year. It’s been widely discussed on gold and black and here as well.
Body language isn't evidence of immaturity. Where did you find such a definition of immaturity.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
He has zero knowledge of his immaturity level, him not being happy, and comparing it to a past player makes his statement even worse. I just can't stand clowns that make statements about our players without concrete evidence. This is exactly what IU fans were saying when he committed to Purdue. That's why I don't take much of this crap serious.
Yeah that’s why I was asking and share your thoughts as well

Reactions: Poprudy
Do you know the kid? He is not an extrovert. He keeps to himself a LOT. Same “body language” at HC.

Do you know the kid? He is not an extrovert. He keeps to himself a LOT. Same “body language” at HC.
He’s had well documented issues on the court going back to high school. I don’t think he’s some bad kid nor have I ever said he was, just think he has some growing up to do. I also said I hope he puts it all together next year because he clearly has a lot of talent. If you disagree that’s fine, I’ll give you credit for not immediately resorting to insults like a few others in here, that’s what I take issue with.

Same guy who said Loyer only had 2 good games this year? If he can't score 27 every game, he should be benched.
You wrote that he has only been "on" twice this year when people pointed out his 27 points against Arizona and Tennessee. Are you really denying it?

You wrote that he has only been "on" twice this year when people pointed out his 27 points against Arizona and Tennessee. Are you really denying it?
You said that I commented loyer only had two good games this year. Go find that comment.

You said that I commented loyer only had two good games this year. Go find that comment.
So your playing junior high level attorney now? That's lame, even for you.

Did you say he was only "on" twice this year when someone pointed out his two 27 point games?

Honestly I’d like to see loyer get knocked out of the starting lineup. Other than Tennessee and Arizona, 2 games he played that are wayyyyy above where his talent level is, I just don’t think he’s dynamic enough for a top level team.
This you?

This you?

And further in that thread was this retort. I asked for clarification -- does he need to score 27 to be "on"?

No response.

So he has been on twice this year then? He’s a decent player, but I think those couple of games gave some people an over inflated view of his talent. Those games don’t reflect his true talent level imo. Even Brandon Newman scored 30 in a big ten game before, but that didn’t reflect the type of player he normally is.

• Haha
Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
I’m struggling to see where I said he only had 2 good games in that comment?
So he has been on twice this year then? He’s a decent player, but I think those couple of games gave some people an over inflated view of his talent. Those games don’t reflect his true talent level imo. Even Brandon Newman scored 30 in a big ten game before, but that didn’t reflect the type of player he normally is.
so not this one either?

I’ll ask again, where did I say he has only had 2 good games this year?
You say he played over his talent level for those two games and they don’t reflect his true talent level. Are you saying he’s not as good as those two games? Can you tell us what games you think he had that he was good?

You say he played over his talent level for those two games and they don’t reflect his true talent level. Are you saying he’s not as good as those two games? Can you tell us what games you think he had that he was good?
I think he’s had plenty of good games. That conversation was about a poster who said loyer can score 20 or more without breaking a sweat. I disagreed and showed that he has only scored 20 or more twice this year. I wouldn’t characterize only having two games with 20 or more as “being able to score 20 without breaking a sweat “. Anyways, maybe I am undervaluing him as a player? I don’t think he’s bad though and have never said he was, that’s why I can’t respect idiots like Andy who literally just make things up to start an argument.

I think he’s had plenty of good games. That conversation was about a poster who said loyer can score 20 or more without breaking a sweat. I disagreed and showed that he has only scored 20 or more twice this year. I wouldn’t characterize only having two games with 20 or more as “being able to score 20 without breaking a sweat “. Anyways, maybe I am undervaluing him as a player? I don’t think he’s bad though and have never said he was, that’s why I can’t respect idiots like Andy who literally just make things up to start an argument.
"He has been on twice this year". Those are your words supporting your stand that he should be benched. You made the point multiple times in the same thread. And now you say I made it up? Talk about slimy.

Loyer was great against Illinois, but I think the issue has been mainly his defense. And his lack of strength where he gets knocked around. Heide actually was the difference, when he came in and shut Domask down and didn’t let him bully his way to the hoop ignited Purdue and then all 4 guys made big 3s during the decisive run. Loyer made a great play on that layup disrupting Domask but defensively he is weak

"He has been on twice this year". Those are your words supporting your stand that he should be benched. You made the point multiple times in the same thread. And now you say I made it up? Talk about slimy.
That was not the full quote and you’re taking it out of context to try and build a false narrative. Yeah, you are definitely a slimy used car salesman.

I think it's pretty obvious too, but as you know Colvin is a lightning rod for discussion on this board
I think this is a good place to offer perspective and it has nothing to do with your post I'm quoting.

First, it is understandable that a player is not as happy as some when he doesn't see the court...especially one a bit younger. That doesn't mean that he is leaving a Purdue family. It could mean that, but I really doubt it. As Dave said...if he does Purdue will still be fine. I personally have seen improvement in his D since he started as some on the O side as well and hope and believe he will be in suit next year as a Boiler and so those that guess he could leave...I'm guessing he doesn't. Either could be correct. I have reason to believe it has been a hard year for him, but hope for some growth towards next year as a result.

I think this is a good place to offer perspective and it has nothing to do with your post I'm quoting.

First, it is understandable that a player is not as happy as some when he doesn't see the court...especially one a bit younger. That doesn't mean that he is leaving a Purdue family. It could mean that, but I really doubt it. As Dave said...if he does Purdue will still be fine. I personally have seen improvement in his D since he started as some on the O side as well and hope and believe he will be in suit next year as a Boiler and so those that guess he could leave...I'm guessing he doesn't. Either could be correct. I have reason to believe it has been a hard year for him, but hope for some growth towards next year as a result.
I agree that I have noticed improvement on both individual and team D and team O .

Reactions: BoilerAndy
You were arguing that he should be knocked out of the lineup. That was the context. I stated that. You tried to support it with your own false narrative. Now you can't man up and own it. No big deal.

Reactions: Poprudy
You were arguing that he should be knocked out of the lineup. That was the context. I stated that. You tried to support it with your own false narrative. Now you can't man up and own it. No big deal.
Wrong again. The argument was about loyer being able to score 20 without breaking a sweat. Typical slimeball used car salesman move. Proven wrong over and over but you just continue to dig a deeper hole instead of just admitting you’re a troll looking to start an argument.

Wrong again. The argument was about loyer being able to score 20 without breaking a sweat. Typical slimeball used car salesman move. Proven wrong over and over but you just continue to dig a deeper hole instead of just admitting you’re a troll looking to start an argument.
DwaynePurvis00 reposted this above. Let me guess. Someone hacked into your account. This wasn't you. It's been known to happen. lol

johnboiler123 said:
Honestly I’d like to see loyer get knocked out of the starting lineup. Other than Tennessee and Arizona, 2 games he played that are wayyyyy above where his talent level is, I just don’t think he’s dynamic enough for a top level team.

Reactions: Heads up BOILER
What was removed
@Heads up BOILER

429787234_3773937682924786_619397597881106042_n.jpg

Last edited:
DwaynePurvis00 reposted this above. Let me guess. Someone hacked into your account. This wasn't you. It's been known to happen. lol

johnboiler123 said:
There was no argument about it. I posted my opinion and that was that. The argument was about something else.

But enough about me. Earlier you posted this:

“Same guy who said Loyer only had 2 good games this year? If he can't score 27 every game, he should be benched.”

Please go find where I said that loyer should be benched if doesn’t score 27 a game. Oh wait, I never did. More lies from the sleazy used car salesman. Typical.

• Haha
Reactions: BoilerAndy
There was no argument about it. I posted my opinion and that was that. The argument was about something else.

But enough about me. Earlier you posted this:

“Same guy who said Loyer only had 2 good games this year? If he can't score 27 every game, he should be benched.”

Please go find where I said that loyer should be benched if doesn’t score 27 a game. Oh wait, I never did. More lies from the sleazy used car salesman. Typical.
You love digging.

Reactions: Heads up BOILER
Just re-watched the Illinois game. Colvin sat next to Brantley all game (he was the first player after all the coaches) and celebrated right the team on the huge 3s. He wasn’t jumping up and down, but neither did/does TKR. As i have stated before, he keeps to himself mostly, but he ain’t goin nowhere.

Just re-watched the Illinois game. Colvin sat next to Brantley all game (he was the first player after all the coaches) and celebrated right the team on the huge 3s. He wasn’t jumping up and down, but neither did/does TKR. As i have stated before, he keeps to himself mostly, but he ain’t goin nowhere.
Also strikes me as a kid who will work his ass off and be motivated for next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT