ADVERTISEMENT

Gillis. Post game

Heads up BOILER

True Freshman
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2021
Did any of you notice Gills exiting the court into the tunnel with team after the game? He was the last one and, to me, he appeared to be hurt or possibly ill? He was walking slowly with his left arm held across his abdomen, head down and not moving his arm/shoulder/neck? Hopefully nothing but wondering if anyone else noticed this?

Did any of you notice Gills exiting the court into the tunnel with team after the game? He was the last one and, to me, he appeared to be hurt or possibly ill? He was walking slowly with his left arm held across his abdomen, head down and not moving his arm/shoulder/neck? Hopefully nothing but wondering if anyone else noticed this?

Not sure what it was but he looks ok here but a bit down or muted from his norm. Maybe just not happy with his game last night? Hopefully we’ll see him being his normal aggressive glue guy self on Sunday! Boiler up! 🖤💛🏀

He seemed too hyped from last years game vs FDU. He missed a few last year and lost his confidence in that game…and I think he wanted to do really well and then he shot that first shot way too strong from 3 and double clutched his 2 pt attempt. He then was gun shy to shoot from there and paint didn’t play him as much due to matchups. Hope that’s past him now and he play looser cuz we need him!!

Last edited:
Not sure what it was but he looks ok here but a bit down or muted from his norm. Maybe just not happy with his game last night? Hopefully we’ll see him being his normal aggressive glue guy self on Sunday! Boiler up! 🖤💛🏀
I'm going to guess he's naturally bummed about his play.

Regardless we are going to need him and Jones and all the Boilers to bring their A game because I don't think we beat Utah State with our first half GS game, gonna need our second half game all game.

One other thing to keep in mind is in the tourney we use the Wilson EVO NXT Gus Macker ball. People always complain that it is too sticky on the grip and takes time to adjust to. I think we played with that during the B1G tourney.

Everyone who missed some easy shots needs to get in their reps and click tomorrow.

One other thing to keep in mind is in the tourney we use the Wilson EVO NXT Gus Macker ball. People always complain that it is too sticky on the grip and takes time to adjust to. I think we played with that during the B1G tourney.

Everyone who missed some easy shots needs to get in their reps and click tomorrow.
Lance looked awful on his first few shots but then seemed to adjust. Mason can do the same.

I remember seeing as he came off and went to the bench towards the end of the game, he was giving his teammates hand slaps but he had his head down the whole way. I’m guessing he knew it wasn’t one of his best games and he is probably his hardest critic. I expect he will have a good game tomorrow.

Reactions: Schnelk
Watch replays. On the bench, he was trying to stretch out something that was bothering him. I hope it's quick as we are gong to need him. Something was up.
Watched the game with my boys. We all noticed the same thing...he seemed to be clutching his left arm, and was holding it as if in pain. Hopefully it's nothing and he bounces back in a big way tomorrow.

Reactions: Heads up BOILER

Seeing all the balls get stuck between the rim and board...especially one shot pretty much at a 90 to the board had me wondering about the softness of the ball

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Watched the game with my boys. We all noticed the same thing...he seemed to be clutching his left arm, and was holding it as if in pain. Hopefully it's nothing and he bounces back in a big way tomorrow.
I’m just here to say he was acting like he was in pain and holding the left arm like there was an issue when leaving the court after the game

Seeing all the balls get stuck between the rim and board...especially one shot pretty much at a 90 to the board had me wondering about the softness of the ball
Someone wrote about it last year. I feel like if you looked at games at Wisconsin and Maryland perhaps last year our shooting percentages dropped off.

I am hoping with yesterdays game and another practice we will get comfortable with the ball and get rolling.

Caleb Love had one in the first half against Dayton.....probably should have wedged or bounced out.....instead it softened and then rolled in for a made 3-pt FG.....definitely was off the mark, but no pictures in the scorebook. :)

Reactions: tjreese
Caleb Love had one in the first half against Dayton.....probably should have wedged or bounced out.....instead it softened and then rolled in for a made 3-pt FG.....definitely was off the mark, but no pictures in the scorebook. :)
yes, give the impression of a soft, squeezable ball. I mean think about sticking it somewhat perpendicular to the board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT