ADVERTISEMENT

Boilers should pry loose Tom Herman as the next pig skin HC.

Herman is going to get picked up by LSU or Texas Maybe even ND. No way in hell will he come to Purdue. UoH will be able to out spend us.

Reactions: Bob the Boiler
Is there any better out there?
I do not understand the Herman love. He has had one good season as a HC and went 11-1. His track record as a recruiter is unknown.

Sound familiar? Haze had one good season as a HC and went 11-2. His track record as a recruiter was unknown.

Maybe we'd be better off looking at guys who went to traditionally bad programs and turned things around:

Fitzgerald at Northwestern
Schiano at Rutgers
Rhule at Temple
Diaco at UConn

Maybe we'd be better off looking at guys who went to traditionally bad programs and turned things around:

Schiano at Rutgers
Rhule at Temple
Diaco at UConn[/QUOTE]

All those guys above I would not hire.
Fitz is meh. He's had some good years but also had some really bad bad bad losses.

Schiano just doesn't do it for me sorry.

Rhule....temple is still temple. Not lighting the world on fire.

Diaco was a ND guy. Call me weird but I will never support a ND guy. Too much hatred there.

Fitzgerald is a NW alum. I do not believe he would leave voluntarily.

Schiano is looking for a smaller rebuilding Imo.

DIaco is ND. Does he recruit without that Brand?

I know little about Rhule.

I do not understand the Herman love. He has had one good season as a HC and went 11-1. His track record as a recruiter is unknown.

Sound familiar? Haze had one good season as a HC and went 11-2. His track record as a recruiter was unknown.

Schiano at Rutgers
Rhule at Temple
Diaco at UConn

Whoa Nellie, he is 17-1 with wins over Florida State, Oklahoma and Cincinnati, he is not a one year wonder, a northerner and a lights out recruiter at a school with very little recent football success...you really don't know very much about him and his staff, Major Applewhite is his OC and they play a very aggressive Defense with multiple looks and blitzes!

Whoa Nellie, he is 17-1 with wins over Florida State, Oklahoma and Cincinnati, he is not a one year wonder, a northerner and a lights out recruiter at a school with very little recent football success...you really don't know very much about him and his staff, Major Applewhite is his OC and they play a very aggressive Defense with multiple looks and blitzes!
Fat Jack, Herman did NOT recruit the athletes he is playing now. Do you understand that?
Haze was 11-2 the year before we hired him. He did not recruit those athletes either.

Fat Jack, Herman did NOT recruit the athletes he is playing now. Do you understand that?
Haze was 11-2 the year before we hired him. He did not recruit those athletes either.
Oh yes he is, he has a ton of juco's, transfers that sat out last year, Freshmen and Sophomores starting and/or playing a lot this year and he took a DB and made him his QB last year....he knows football and I have watched his team play for two years and he has recruited our HS and that is one of the Freshman that is playing this year...

Oh yes he is, he has a ton of juco's, transfers that sat out last year, Freshmen and Sophomores starting and/or playing a lot this year and he took a DB and made him his QB last year....he knows football and I have watched his team play for two years and he has recruited our HS and that is one of the Freshman that is playing this year...
I agree with what you're saying. He got Ed Oliver, the 5*, #2 DT in the nation, to pick Houston over Alabama, Baylor, LSU, Mississippi, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M among others 1st 5* to go to a Group 5 team I believe. Also added 3 other 4* kids in that same class.

Herman is a stud and probably the best young coach in football. We'd be lucky to have him even take our call if we were to try and gauge his interest.

And just to fix something you'd said, Ward was a WR not a DB. And he's played at QB all 4 seasons he's been at Houston. His Frosh year, he was 3rd string QB but mainly played WR. His Soph. year, he started out again at WR but when O'Korn got hurt, he took over as the starter at QB. Herman came in his Jr. year.

Herman is gone to Texas. In which case I wouldn't mind Charlie strong as a finalist.

Fitzgerald isn't a candidate. Not big on rhule.

Schiano has been my pick due to program building at Rutgers. He can sell recruits on his NFL experience. Also has time at top program in conference.

Herman is gone to Texas. In which case I wouldn't mind Charlie strong as a finalist.

Fitzgerald isn't a candidate. Not big on rhule.

Schiano has been my pick due to program building at Rutgers. He can sell recruits on his NFL experience. Also has time at top program in conference.
Why wouldn't Herman pick LSU over Texas? Saban?

Maybe my opinion came off as insider knowledge. It's just a strongly held opinion thapt he'll goto Texas

With all the resources, fans, and high school football talent in the huge state of Texas, I think they are clearly the best job in the nation.

With all the resources, fans, and high school football talent in the huge state of Texas, I think they are clearly the best job in the nation.
It's a great job, but LSU is only P5 school in most talent rich state, per capita.

Plus, less of the pesky academic requirements in the way at LSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT