ADVERTISEMENT

Potential starters next year as of right now…..

*Shockerrr*

True Freshman
Apr 26, 2015
Offense
QB - Card (Transfer guy)
RB - Mock
WR - Sheffield, Sowinski ?
WR - Rice, ARY
WR - (Transfer guy)
TE - Miller (if healthy)
OL - Mbow
OL - Moussa
OL - Johnson ?
OL - Miller
C - Hartwig (if healthy)

Already got our QB assuming Card starts. OL has some older guys coming back so that will help but need depth. TE will be solid if Miller can come back healthy. Be nice to land a talented WR and OL. Wouldn’t hurt to add a RB for depth after loosing 2 high school commits.

Defense
DE - Caraway, Sydnor
DE - Jenkins
DL - Boyd Jr
DL - Brevard
LB - Brothers
LB - Wahlberg ?
LB - (Transfer guy)
CB - Brown, T. Denson (if healthy)
CB - (Transfer guy)
S - Allen
FS - Kane

Secondary and LB is a must add in the portal!! Got some good young talent at DE but still gotta find a way to the QB! Be interesting to see if any of the DL portal guys come back (Sullivan, Dean, Johnson) but if not wouldn’t hurt to add another body there. I expect the defense to be much better no matter who’s out there next year!!

As of right now this team on paper isn’t going to Woah anyone and I don’t expect all these guys to be starters but they do have some decent pieces coming back as of right now. Plenty of spots are open for grabs so hopefully Walters can work his magic in the portal to pull in some star talent to improve both sides of the ball.

Reactions: TX4GB and krf3632
3rd LB could be Washington at this point, and Lewis (if healthy) would be a possibility on the DL. Per BU column on front page Taylor could come back, if he does would be in mix for starting CB.

In addition to the other names people mentioned, Broc Thompson is coming back and I have to imagine Hampton is going to return.

Reactions: pboiler18
3rd LB could be Washington at this point, and Lewis (if healthy) would be a possibility on the DL. Per BU column on front page Taylor could come back, if he does would be in mix for starting CB.
Forgot about Lewis, if he can stay healthy he gets starter snaps. And for the guys that haven’t said anything about using their extra year I didn’t list because of being unknown but I’m in favor of them coming back. I’m pulling for Broc to get healthy and have a hell of year!

Reactions: krf3632
We aren’t as depleted as most think. Like most programs outside the top 10-15, depth is always a key struggle.

Bank on 2-3 “unknowns” from maybe the past 2 classes to pop up and contribute (think maybe an OL, a DB and a LB) and we should have room for 7-8 portal guys (less if we sign Gilbert or Berhenn). Hit on 3-4 of the portal guys and we should be solid.

Get LJ or Deen back and I’ll feel better about DL depth.

Not totally depleted but we for sure need help!

We aren’t as depleted as most think. Like most programs outside the top 10-15, depth is always a key struggle.

Bank on 2-3 “unknowns” from maybe the past 2 classes to pop up and contribute (think maybe an OL, a DB and a LB) and we should have room for 7-8 portal guys (less if we sign Gilbert or Berhenn). Hit on 3-4 of the portal guys and we should be solid.

Get LJ or Deen back and I’ll feel better about DL depth.

Not totally depleted but we for sure need help!
Depends on what Walters wants on dl

Plus lj is pretty beat up. Dude has battled through injuries for 2 years

Forgot about Lewis, if he can stay healthy he gets starter snaps. And for the guys that haven’t said anything about using their extra year I didn’t list because of being unknown but I’m in favor of them coming back. I’m pulling for Broc to get healthy and have a hell of year!
You were right not to include Taylor. He's recently Tweeted he's entering the NFL Draft.

• Haha
Reactions: Chi-Boiler
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT